North Stand Expansion

There's a hell of a lot of lads I know that will not move from SS Level 1 as they want to be next to the away fans so I'm not entirely sure it will end up the vocal 'home end' that a lot are wishing for, I hope I'm wrong, I moved from there 3 years ago as I wanted a better view to be fair, couldn't see anything down near the front as I'm a short arse.
I think it would be pretty difficult to convince those in blocks 115, 114 and the Kippax corner to move as the main draw in those sections is the proximity to the away end and the atmosphere that creates.

However I think there must be plenty of people in the rest of the safe standing section (blocks 116 - 119) who would be easier to convince. As well as other vocal people from around the ground, especially SSL3.

I don't think that the biggest attraction of those blocks is being close to the away end as they are not particularly close. The main attraction of those blocks are the atmosphere, the safe standing, and the bar area, all of which could be recreated better in a new NSL2, but on an even bigger scale and far better accoustics to spread house around the ground.

Of course the one thing that could not be recreated on NSL2 is the proximity to the pitch that you get in SSL1, and this would no doubt hold some people back from relocating. I think this could be countered by other benefits (that would have to be heavily promoted) to being in NSL2 like better facilities, better overall atmosphere and options for cheaper or same season ticket prices.

In case it gets missed among all the other chat on tickets etc, if any of the drone flyers read this thread would be good to get a zoom on that item next visit. Or anyone using the two east spirals that can see from them.

Almost impossible to tell that far out but it is the right size for the mock-up panel, is in a sensible place and has a supporting frame, if they decide not to put it up on the main structure. Those silvery bits might be segments of the sails, if it is that.

View attachment 115586
I have been today but didn't read this beforehand, i will take a look when i next go in a few days time

I think it would be pretty difficult to convince those in blocks 115, 114 and the Kippax corner to move as the main draw in those sections is the proximity to the away end and the atmosphere that creates.

However I think there must be plenty of people in the rest of the safe standing section (blocks 116 - 119) who would be easier to convince. As well as other vocal people from around the ground, especially SSL3.

I don't think that the biggest attraction of those blocks is being close to the away end as they are not particularly close. The main attraction of those blocks are the atmosphere, the safe standing, and the bar area, all of which could be recreated better in a new NSL2, but on an even bigger scale and far better accoustics to spread house around the ground.

Of course the one thing that could not be recreated on NSL2 is the proximity to the pitch that you get in SSL1, and this would no doubt hold some people back from relocating. I think this could be countered by other benefits (that would have to be heavily promoted) to being in NSL2 like better facilities, better overall atmosphere and options for cheaper or same season ticket prices.
Most of NL2 will be too far from the pitch, NS1 would be okay but the corners have been moved E&W stands price wise so are a rip off, and NS1 probably stays family.

@Alex - City Matters - it would be really useful if you could get any information from the club on their proposed strategy for ticketing in the NS once completed.

In my opinion the club should be treating the whole of the NS as a blank canvas, but appreciate many in NSL1 may not be happy with that idea.

I'd market the NSL2 as the priority area with cheaper tickets to incentivise the singers to move in and would try and get 1894 to help coordinate. We're looking at circa 8,000 new seats so if we can get a similar number moving into the stand thanks to attractive pricing, then that provides more than enough room elsewhere in the stadium for groups of families to sit together.

They should also be incentivised for having to move, with fair priced tickets and not be looking at paying more.

Anything remaining can then be offered as new season tickets or matchday tickets.

This all comes down to pricing. As a fanbase we want a good atmosphere but I find as a fanbase we will allow a lot of things to get in the way of that. A lot want to stay near the away fans. But cheaper tickets will get a lot willing to move, and this is going to take a joint effort between fans and the club to be a success. The South Stand L3 was £299 season tickets when it opened so they did look to incentivise people to move there, there's no reason they can't do it with the North Stand and finally deliver a proper home end under the roof. But fans are going to have to get on board too.
You are right I am in level 1 in the family stand with my son and grandson and have been there since it opened. I would be very annoyed if forced to move. It is unnecessary to move anyone in that section and they should be given the opportunity to stay there. It would be accepted that they would be in a home end and everything that goes with it. There will be enough space available in the seats above to accommodate fans wanting to be in one end. There are many in the family stand that sing their hearts out and we have become friends with lots of people around us watching our kids grow up together. It gets full of tourists at night matches so their is further opportunity for regulars to move seats at those games if they wish. Moving the whole of Level 1 url other areas would add to the huge problem of moving thousands of fans around the ground. I agree that the seats above should be cheap to encourage fans to move there.
I started going got Maine Rd in 1966 and am another F.O.C. That deserves some consideration but also know money talks!

You are right I am in level 1 in the family stand with my son and grandson and have been there since it opened. I would be very annoyed if forced to move. It is unnecessary to move anyone in that section and they should be given the opportunity to stay there. It would be accepted that they would be in a home end and everything that goes with it. There will be enough space available in the seats above to accommodate fans wanting to be in one end. There are many in the family stand that sing their hearts out and we have become friends with lots of people around us watching our kids grow up together. It gets full of tourists at night matches so their is further opportunity for regulars to move seats at those games if they wish. Moving the whole of Level 1 url other areas would add to the huge problem of moving thousands of fans around the ground. I agree that the seats above should be cheap to encourage fans to move there.
I started going got Maine Rd in 1966 and am another F.O.C. That deserves some consideration but also know money talks!

What would you do if NSL1 was made safe standing which is a future option in the PA?

I think the club will make NSL1 safe standing in the future, so both ends behind the goal are safe standing and vocal.

Of course I’m only guessing, but I can’t see the club making NSL2 safe standing.

What would you do if NSL1 was made safe standing which is a future option in the PA?

I think the club will make NSL1 safe standing in the future, so both ends behind the goal are safe standing and vocal.

Of course I’m only guessing, but I can’t see the club making NSL2 safe standing.

Doesn’t this defeat the entire purpose of an expanded 2nd tier? We’re going to have this massive kop-like structure and it’s just going to be ‘another’ area. They might as well have copied the South Stand. It’s something they could even have done without the expansion.

Doesn’t this defeat the entire purpose of an expanded 2nd tier? We’re going to have this massive kop-like structure and it’s just going to be ‘another’ area. They might as well have copied the South Stand. It’s something they could even have done without the expansion.
Spot on. Would have the exact same situation we have now but even worse, and with a few thousand disgruntled family standers to relocate. For me, it's safe standing on NSL2 or nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.