Poll: Blue Shorts

A) White shorts.

And btw, those socks from last year with the maroon tops were the best we've ever had and probably will ever have... I know it's been done before, but it's just a great simple look, last seasons whole home and third kits were just unimaginably stylish...

Anyway, we better have 3 kits and The Etihad Stadium on FIFA 12 this year!!! lol ;)

During my time as a blue-

1981- Losers
1983- Relegated
2006-7- was it something like 2 goals at home in the second half of the season, dire dire football.

All wearing blue shorts.

1967-8- winners
1976- winners
2011- winners

All wearing white shorts.

Silly i know but football fans and players always have those sorts of superstitions so white for me please.

I was in the shop today and I loved the all blue top and shorts but I didn't like the socks. In the pictures on here and other threads I wasn't too happy about those dots but when you see them up close they look more maroon than black.

I was thinking about this and whilst the overwhelming opinion seems to be for white shorts, I think the club has to register it's official colours to the FA/Premier League by a certain time and if that time has gone, I'm afraid all this might be pointless!

Just thought I'd point out that this is a weird topic.
What is it with all these style junkies blatting on about "ooh I do so love white shorts" and " the wearing of blue shorts might spell doom for the planet owing to Mars being out of synch with Jupiter" shit?
For f#cks sake they're shorts . . those things that keep yer spuds warm while you're playing footie. . they are not a message from the gods, not even worth getting giddy about.
You don't need to wear them and you don't even have to look at them if you don't want to.
It's supposed to be about football not some bed wetting effeminate wanking competition over who knows how we fared in shorts of a certain design. . in which year . . and how nice the boys looked.

Pull yourselves together fella's.

hisroyalblueness said:
What is it with all these style junkies blatting on about "ooh I do so love white shorts" and " the wearing of blue shorts might spell doom for the planet owing to Mars being out of synch with Jupiter" shit?
For f#cks sake they're shorts . . those things that keep yer spuds warm while you're playing footie. . they are not a message from the gods, not even worth getting giddy about.
You don't need to wear them and you don't even have to look at them if you don't want to.
It's supposed to be about football not some bed wetting effeminate wanking competition over who knows how we fared in shorts of a certain design. . in which year . . and how nice the boys looked.

What would your reaction be if the shirts weren't blue for next season? Let's say they were white, or even brown. Would that be worth getting 'giddy about'? Or would anyone who opposed the brown shirts be 'effeminate bed wetting wankers'?

Shaelumstash said:
hisroyalblueness said:

What would your reaction be if the shirts weren't blue for next season? Let's say they were white, or even brown. Would that be worth getting 'giddy about'? Or would anyone who opposed the brown shirts be 'effeminate bed wetting wankers'?

You're the weirdest of the weird . . . how about you just re-read the blurb and work out if my comments were about us playing in brown or if they were simply having a sarcastic jab at those who were getting school-girl giddy over blue or white shorts (both colours of which fit well with City tradition.
I also didn't say that those getting giddy were 'effeminate bed wetting wankers'. I merely tried to refresh a few thoughts towards the bigger picture.
I'll be well chuffed if you can take the trouble to read my post before jumping about in valiant defence of the fashion ultra's.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 pm --<br /><br />PS. This whole subject is so sad that I'm going to skip this thread in case the weirdness is catching.

hisroyalblueness said:
Shaelumstash said:
hisroyalblueness said:

You're the weirdest of the weird . . . how about you just re-read the blurb and work out if my comments were about us playing in brown or if they were simply having a sarcastic jab at those who were getting school-girl giddy over blue or white shorts (both colours of which fit well with City tradition.
I also didn't say that those getting giddy were 'effeminate bed wetting wankers'. I merely tried to refresh a few thoughts towards the bigger picture.
I'll be well chuffed if you can take the trouble to read my post before jumping about in valiant defence of the fashion ultra's.

-- Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 pm --

PS. This whole subject is so sad that I'm going to skip this thread in case the weirdness is catching.

I think that would be for the best.

I've re-read both of your posts a few times and the fact that you are calling me weird makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable about myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.