Poll: Blue Shorts

kramer said:
Its A for me; it's our heritage, more to the point Dario is spot on here

dario2739 said:
Sky blue shirt - white trim only
White shorts
Sky blue socks - with white trim... and preferably maroon turnovers.

That is how it always should be - people should be able to look at us run out on a pitch and say "That is Man City", not... "is that Coventry?"

-- Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:39 am --

hisroyalblueness said:
Just thought I'd point out that this is a weird topic.
What is it with all these style junkies blatting on about "ooh I do so love white shorts" and " the wearing of blue shorts might spell doom for the planet owing to Mars being out of synch with Jupiter" shit?
For f#cks sake they're shorts . . those things that keep yer spuds warm while you're playing footie. . they are not a message from the gods, not even worth getting giddy about.
You don't need to wear them and you don't even have to look at them if you don't want to.
It's supposed to be about football not some bed wetting effeminate wanking competition over who knows how we fared in shorts of a certain design. . in which year . . and how nice the boys looked.

Pull yourselves together fella's.

I will put you in the; I don't get it camp. Its not about the fans wearing them, I don't, its about the history the heritage Ask anyone, football fan or not, what colours City play in and, well you know the answer

A brief message for those who fear change (and a response to the above nonsense). If you actually think about it there's also also a heritage of our being underachievers but nobody complains when we start to get the success we deserve do they.
Ergo; success and blue shorts are both a bit of a new invention and I'll take the changes and celebrate.
Oh, and we have worn blue shorts in the past so it's not a break from all tradition.
Best thing about this sad autistic thread is that the luddite's must have nothing better to whinge about if they can turn their vociferous negative attentions to the bit of cloth around the players loins . . stop crotch watching and get a life you perves!

267166_10150263606168322_732533321_7266037_6156366_o.jpg

danburge82 said:
kev20971 said:
A , Manchester City = sky blue shirt , white shorts and blue socks with white & maroon trim, the classic City look
We've had sky with maroon trim on our home socks in just 8 years of our 117 year history of being City! The most common is actually navy socks which we've had in 68 of them years!
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm
yes but 8 golden years, and as for all blue, a promotion in 1985 and a cup final in 1981, for me it's the classic City look

Bellamy's Caddy said:
1.618034 said:
Socks are a different and more minor issue.

White shorts at home please. They do exist.

[bigimg]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8005/img0038qa.jpg[/bigimg]

I had the same leaflet posted to me today, when I saw the two sets of shorts I thought its a good opportunity for City and Umbro to save face and stick to the (traditional) white shorts. The new shirt looks better than I first thought and if the white shorts get the go ahead it'll look the business. As someone said, we're not Coventry.

I agree. I don't like the idea of blue shorts and feel it cheapens City's image and - importantly for attention around the world - the brand.

It really has surprised me that we've got blue shorts after the complaints City had during Pearce's era and the comments made by City (when we were still with Umbro) when we returned to white shorts in 1985.

One area worth remembering is that whenever City play United the Reds will be able to wear their full regular home traditional kit of red shirts and white shorts no matter where the sides play, but City will be the ones that appear to have changed. These things probably don't matter to players and performance, but when it comes to image and brand recognition, Utd will be the ones that look familiar to the world.

Okay, it's minor, but making Utd change from white shorts to black or whatever when the sides play at the Etihad feels right.

I truly hope someone decides to gradually drop the blue shorts from any publicity and adopt white shorts as the preferred choice.

There must have been a great reason for picking blue shorts but I can't imagine what it was.

It seems to be pretty near to unanimous that City fans want the team in white shorts next season. Has anyone got any ideas as to how we can highlight the fans views to the club?

Shaelumstash said:
It seems to be pretty near to unanimous that City fans want the team in white shorts next season. Has anyone got any ideas as to how we can highlight the fans views to the club?

create a facebook page on it or twitter campaign add it to the official city facebook twitter pages see how it goes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.