Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Will people stop including Nasri in these line-ups?

He has been gash for a few weeks and it has amused me how he has been able to attain high marks when in reality, he's gone missing, only to reappear when we have control of a game, turning a few tricks and suddenly going all brave when it comes to his brilliant shielding of a ball.

He has had an excellent season by his own previous below-par showings.

But recent results have glossed over his contributions.

He's plays in fits and starts and hides until the going is good IMO.

Sunday's game is not for him, when we will have to fight for the right to play?

No passengers, and that includes Yaya, who should be subbed at half time if he is in one of his plodding modes.

It needs both Milner and Garcia in there and would even allow Fernandinho to remind us what a threat he can be.

The thing is with Ya Ya is that whilst saying he 'goes missing' is an argument with evidence to back it up, it can be contradicted by the argument he can produce goals from nothing whilst playing poorly or well, with evidence to back it up!

So then youre left with the conundrum of playing someone like Milner - who will give you 100% from the off but not necessarily play well and/or score - or playing Ya Ya who could play shit or majestically and has a good chance of scoring. I'd prefer Ya Ya due to the goal factor, which in football, is the bottom line.

This is why, i believe, Ya Ya is played by managers despite form/sluggishness etc

pml79 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
LoveCity said:
Clattenberg is ref.

What's Gerrard going to be doing then ?
Isnt gerrards wife n clattenbergs wife best buddies n hang out together ?

After the scouse Derby when Gollum was still Evertons manager

David Moyes in his press conference launched a ferocious attack on referee Mark Clattenburg and Stephen Gerrard. After revealing that Clattenburgs wife a liverpool fan received a ticket from liverpool before the game and that mark clattenburg toured asia with liverpool. everton want an fa hearing.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

He has been gash for a few weeks and it has amused me how he has been able to attain high marks when in reality, he's gone missing, only to reappear when we have control of a game, turning a few tricks and suddenly going all brave when it comes to his brilliant shielding of a ball.

No passengers, and that includes Yaya, who should be subbed at half time if he is in one of his plodding modes.

It needs both Milner and Garcia in there and would even allow Fernandinho to remind us what a threat he can be.

Agree about Nasri, but not sure I agree about Yaya. He has proved time and time again that even when he looks disinterested that he can pop up with something spectacular in the blink of an eye, the difference with Nasri is he can't do this.

I'd certainly play Garcia alongside Ferna, and id look at playing Silva Yaya and Jimmy behind Sergio

I actually think playing Garcia is vital, he will plug the gaps between defence and midfield and allow Ferna and Yaya to play in front of him

I thought Nasri did well at United. I think its essential that we get plenty of possession early on, just as we did at United and Spurs. Quieten the crowd, stop them gaining any momentum. We're more likely to do that with Nasri rather than Milner.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I tend to agree re Nasri although I don't expect for one minute Pellegrini is likely to leave him on the bench.

I had a look at the top 4 team run ins as objectively as I could with a dose of wishful thinking.
I had us drawing both games on Merseyside and finishing on 87 pts.
The Grief drawing also against Chelsea who will also draw against Swansea. Living them on 85 and 84 pts respectively and Arsenal on 80 which they are already behind on having lost to Everton.

wayne71 said:
stonie said:
So the dippers are bigging it up saying win it for the 96, well we've pissed on chips before at the swamp at the Munich anniversary so let's let's win it for the 39...

Heysel wasnt their fault.

Lmao oh yeah I forgot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.