Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
pml79 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
What's Gerrard going to be doing then ?
Isnt gerrards wife n clattenbergs wife best buddies n hang out together ?

After the scouse Derby when Gollum was still Evertons manager

David Moyes in his press conference launched a ferocious attack on referee Mark Clattenburg and Stephen Gerrard. After revealing that Clattenburgs wife a liverpool fan received a ticket from liverpool before the game and that mark clattenburg toured asia with liverpool. everton want an fa hearing.
O dear

heslops barnet said:
See in the papers Stevie Geeeeee says they're going to win the title for the 96......wondered how long it would be before they played that card......remember scum and Munich?

Then we'll win it for the 39.

Disgusting that they flaunt Hillsborough as a cheap way to generate emotion.

chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Will people stop including Nasri in these line-ups?

He has been gash for a few weeks and it has amused me how he has been able to attain high marks when in reality, he's gone missing, only to reappear when we have control of a game, turning a few tricks and suddenly going all brave when it comes to his brilliant shielding of a ball.

He has had an excellent season by his own previous below-par showings.

But recent results have glossed over his contributions.

He's plays in fits and starts and hides until the going is good IMO.

Sunday's game is not for him, when we will have to fight for the right to play?

No passengers, and that includes Yaya, who should be subbed at half time if he is in one of his plodding modes.

It needs both Milner and Garcia in there and would even allow Fernandinho to remind us what a threat he can be.

Agree about Nasri, but not sure I agree about Yaya. He has proved time and time again that even when he looks disinterested that he can pop up with something spectacular in the blink of an eye, the difference with Nasri is he can't do this.

I'd certainly play Garcia alongside Ferna, and id look at playing Silva Yaya and Jimmy behind Sergio

I actually think playing Garcia is vital, he will plug the gaps between defence and midfield and allow Ferna and Yaya to play in front of him

Yaya MUST start, imperative every game.

But if Yaya is worthy of the hook after 45 minutes, then we know which Yaya has turned up.

As it is, we will be out for the count if Yaya doesn't bring his A game from the off.

We know Sergio can also score out of nothing, but if something isn't working, the manager has to be decisive.

Sergio has twice before come straight back into the starting eleven this season after little or no game time.

Against Sunderland at Wembley and Barca away, he was sadly lacking.

David Moyes in his press conference launched a ferocious attack on referee Mark Clattenburg and Stephen Gerrard. After revealing that Clattenburgs wife a liverpool fan received a ticket from liverpool before the game and that mark clattenburg toured asia with liverpool. everton want an fa hearing.

More than a bit concearning, this.

I was thinking, well he sent Jonny Evans off for us in the swamp 6-1, so he can't be all bad. Now that sending off makes more sense since he probably hates united more than he hates us. (Not that he didn't deserve a red mind you.)

-- Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:24 pm --

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We know Sergio can also score out of nothing, but if something isn't working, the manager has to be decisive.

Sergio has twice before come straight back into the starting eleven this season after little or no game time.

I'd rather start with Serge and then take him off when we want to/need to. Rather than bring him on to make a difference, only to find he can't. It would be ridiculous if we subbed him on and had to sub him off again. I can only remember us doing that with Robinho.

So better to start with Kun, let him give us all he can, and when he's done, take him off. If that's after 30 minutes, so be it, but hopefullu it will be an hour or so and we are winning by then.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Will people stop including Nasri in these line-ups?

He has been gash for a few weeks and it has amused me how he has been able to attain high marks when in reality, he's gone missing, only to reappear when we have control of a game, turning a few tricks and suddenly going all brave when it comes to his brilliant shielding of a ball.

He has had an excellent season by his own previous below-par showings.

But recent results have glossed over his contributions.

He's plays in fits and starts and hides until the going is good IMO.

Sunday's game is not for him, when we will have to fight for the right to play?

No passengers, and that includes Yaya, who should be subbed at half time if he is in one of his plodding modes.

It needs both Milner and Garcia in there and would even allow Fernandinho to remind us what a threat he can be.

Agree about Nasri, but not sure I agree about Yaya. He has proved time and time again that even when he looks disinterested that he can pop up with something spectacular in the blink of an eye, the difference with Nasri is he can't do this.

I'd certainly play Garcia alongside Ferna, and id look at playing Silva Yaya and Jimmy behind Sergio

I actually think playing Garcia is vital, he will plug the gaps between defence and midfield and allow Ferna and Yaya to play in front of him

Yaya MUST start, imperative every game.

But if Yaya is worthy of the hook after 45 minutes, then we know which Yaya has turned up.

As it is, we will be out for the count if Yaya doesn't bring his A game from the off.

That it is true (though he came with a bang against Blackburn) however it appears he is not being rushed back this time.

That the same Clattenburg who robbed us fucking blind at Chelsea a couple years back, then?

Let me refresh your memories...

Ignored a stone wall penalty on Silva when already a goal up.

Decided to send Lescott off and award a penalty with him protecting his face from a yard?

The same Clattenburg who a year later robbed Chelsea blind against United?

Clattenburg is the worst of the lot.

It's always about him, to be the centre of the attention.

Howard Webb or Mike Dean are still the best we have, warts and all.

pml79 said:
pml79 said:
Isnt gerrards wife n clattenbergs wife best buddies n hang out together ?

O dear

He's divorced now, according to Wikipedia.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
That the same Clattenburg who robbed us fucking blind at Chelsea a couple years back, then?

Let me refresh your memories...

Ignored a stone wall penalty on Silva when already a goal up.

Decided to send Lescott off and award a penalty with him protecting his face from a yard?

The same Clattenburg who a year later robbed Chelsea blind against United?

Clattenburg is the worst of the lot.

It's always about him, to be the centre of the attention.

Howard Webb or Mike Dean are still the best we have, warts and all.

Whilst I agree that Clattenburg is shite he didn't send Lescott off when he gave the penalty. He did however send Clichy off that game for 2 yellow cards.

There's no need to chase this game from the off, there really isn't.

We have to pick and choose our battles carefully.

A draw puts us in the box seat, Liverpool MUST beat us to stand a chance of the title.

Sergio coming off the bench is a vital option if we have to chase a result in the last half hour.

We are going to need him in these other six games, fitter and firing.

We have more than enough quality and threat and would prefer to see Jovetic up alongside Silva.

Sergio would have to do a lot of defending from the front for our wider gameplan to stand a chance.

We run the risk of running him into the ground before the half is out.

Personally, I think we will be at our most potent on corners and set-pieces.

Vinny showed in the first game that Skrtel can't handle his power.

Now double that threat with Demichelis running across that front post.

Time to trust some of our less glamorous names, and believe Pellers will go for pragmatism with a kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.