Pre Match Thread - City v Juventus (update for injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody,

I have been following this forum for some time now and I've decided to make an account in order to join the discussions here. I'm from belgium and I'm very happy that both De Bruyne and Kompany play for Man City. You guys will enjoy De Bruyne's contribution very soon when he is settled in. For me he is the best player we have for Belgium since Eden Hazard is overhyped!

As for tonights game, I think Man City will start this campaign with a win, altough I do think it won't be easy. Juventus did lose Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez but they brought in some young promising players. My formation for this game:

-----------------hart-----------------
sagna--vince--mangala--kolarov
---------touré---fernandinho-----
Silva--------De Bruyne----Sterling
----------------Bony-----------------

I choose De Bruyne in centre because that's his best position, but I'd make him switch position with Silva during the game, making it harder for Juve to mark them both.. I would keep Sterling on the right side as we will need his speed against Lichtsteiner... Bony to start since Aguero is injured but I would give Nacho a shot as well, his agility will be an asset against Juve's defence.

Anyway that's my take on it, I hope my English isn't bad so you guys can understand me :-)

cheers!
Welcome to the board!

I agree with most of what you say - it's worth pointing out that Kelechi can't play, he isn't in our squad and isn't eligible for our B-list.

A few have said this but it bears repetition; we just need to play the game tonight and not the occasion. It's all good as long as we can do that. We have the better starting XI and the better bench. Come on City.

A few have said this but it bears repetition; we just need to play the game tonight and not the occasion. It's all good as long as we can do that. We have the better starting XI and the better bench. Come on City.
This, yet don't expect anything else than a nerve wracking game.
Italian teams are usually a bore to watch, even more when they travel away.
Tonight they will park the bus and defend like their lives are at stakes.
We will have to be clinical in the finishing since there won't be more than a handful of chances.

Juve are not the team they were. They lost Tevez , Vidal and Pirlo from that team which is a big lost for them. A lot rests on Pogbas shoulders can he handle the pressure of playing against a team he was strongly linked to and preform?? They are there for the taking tonight. IF they play a back 3 which everyone thinks they will and we play a 4-5-1 or whatever our wingers in Sterling and KDB if he can get them running at the 3 defenders we will cause them loads of problems. Now Bony as the lone striker is going to get a good few chances in the game tonight and hopefully he gets on the score sheet tonight. I think with how we have started the season its all positive and against any team at home I would fully expect us to go out an dwin the game and get a positive result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.