Pre Match Thread - City v Juventus (update for injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve are not the team they were. They lost Tevez , Vidal and Pirlo from that team which is a big lost for them. A lot rests on Pogbas shoulders can he handle the pressure of playing against a team he was strongly linked to and preform?? They are there for the taking tonight. IF they play a back 3 which everyone thinks they will and we play a 4-5-1 or whatever our wingers in Sterling and KDB if he can get them running at the 3 defenders we will cause them loads of problems. Now Bony as the lone striker is going to get a good few chances in the game tonight and hopefully he gets on the score sheet tonight. I think with how we have started the season its all positive and against any team at home I would fully expect us to go out an dwin the game and get a positive result.

I actually think if anyone will cause trouble it would be Morata more than Pogba. They will pack the MF defensively and try to get it to Morata or Mandzu on the counter.

The way season has started, it won't surprise me one bit if we dish out a 4-0 thrashing to them ...

I'm for some reason less worried about the performance on the pitch than I am about the atmosphere ... it has been very very flat in this competition for us in the past few seasons and we really need to up that. THAT changing would be a sign for me that we as a club have come of age here ... and what I am most looking forward to. Though, the reaction on forums such as here and a few others, fans still don't seem to be getting on board with the CL being THE premier club competition that it is (whether we like it or not).

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but according to today's 'Metro', tonight's key players are Wilfried Bony for City and Juventus' ...................................................................................................................................... Carlos Tevez!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but according to today's 'Metro', tonight's key players are Wilfried Bony for City and Juventus' ...................................................................................................................................... Carlos Tevez!!!!!!!!!

Never mind that I've just had the resident self-appointed football expert in work explain to me how we'd made a big mistake selling Tevez as we were going to be at a disadvantage tonight with him v Dzeko. I told him I thought Corradi could do as good a job for us tonight as Tevez would do for Juve.

The way season has started, it won't surprise me one bit if we dish out a 4-0 thrashing to them ...
Steady on. City were relatively fortunate to beat Crystal Palace 1-0 with a last second goal, it's not like they have been on a rampage themselves. Juve are in poor form, but they are still the European vice-champions with some superb players. I predict a City win, but 4-0 would undoubtedly be a huge surprise for anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.