Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of questions...

Of those who were here when Pellegrini took over, who has improved?

Of those who have come in since he got here, how many have improved from what they showed at their previous club?

Somehow, Pellegrini has taken us backwards. A remarkable feat considering some of the class players we have & how much we've spent .

Cracking riposte mate. Not entirely sure what it makes those serial winners Mourinho and Van Gaal but hey ... lets not get involved in having a bit of perspective.

I couldn't give a shiny fuck about those two mate, Van Gaal is three points behind us and he's fucking dire, yes just three points, Tottenham are breathing down our necks and are playing more cohesively than we are. Youve been banging his drum for twelve months and its not changing.

Perspective works both ways mate-and judging by the shite Pellegrini is churning out every week its bleeding justified.

Couple of questions...

Of those who have come in since he got here, how many have improved from what they showed at their previous club?

Somehow, Pellegrini has taken us backwards. A remarkable feat considering some of the class players we have & how much we've spent .

This mate is the reality of it, pure and fucking simple.

Notwithstanding the fact that I agree that in 2015 he has made some poor decisions, I still can't bring myself to give up on the title in December when the league is as topsy turvy as it is right now. I personally also think there's an incredibly arrogant viewpoint which is fostered all over this forum whereby we're supposed to accept that the league is shit. It isn't. It's the most competitive it's been for years. There are top players in almost every side in the top half of the table. Match winners galore. And the promoted sides who have come up are doing the damnedest to stay in the league by playing football in the right way as well. The only teams really struggling are the ones who's football is dated.

None of that absolves Pellegrini of his responsibilities. It's just getting a bit much now the way people are saying that we should be walking the league. We shouldn't. This isn't the Bundesliga or La Liga and we aren't their equivalent of Bayern or Barca. Yet.

Yup, agreed. I said on here after the Stoke game that 4 years ago, barring Bale, I wouldn't really have wanted any other player from any other club in our squad, but now there's Arnautovic and Shaqiri, Stones and Barkley, Pelle and Mane, Vardy and Mahrez, Moses and Payet, plying their trade at former midtable clubs, and I'd happily take any of them. Even Bournemouth's Matt Ritchie was a menace. Peller's problems though are - injuries and the Pep situation notwithstanding - largely of his own making at the moment

Couple of questions...

as said, useless manager. this squad right now is horribly underperforming, and we thought last season in the league was almost a disaster! lost 7 times last year, now already 5...

The thing that keeps emanating from Pellegrini's mouth is that he is not going to change his philosophy. He maintains the pattern of play he espouses whether it brings home the bacon muffin or not! That is the problem. We should have, for the money the Good Sheikh is paying, a wholly flexible approach depending on who we are playing and who is in the team. It seems that we are being fed the same fare week in and week out with very variable results. Variability never won a title. Mind, is the squad capable of playing a 'flexible' campaign?

Notwithstanding the fact that I agree that in 2015 he has made some poor decisions, I still can't bring myself to give up on the title in December when the league is as topsy turvy as it is right now. I personally also think there's an incredibly arrogant viewpoint which is fostered all over this forum whereby we're supposed to accept that the league is shit. It isn't. It's the most competitive it's been for years. There are top players in almost every side in the top half of the table. Match winners galore. And the promoted sides who have come up are doing the damnedest to stay in the league by playing football in the right way as well. The only teams really struggling are the ones who's football is dated.

None of that absolves Pellegrini of his responsibilities. It's just getting a bit much now the way people are saying that we should be walking the league. We shouldn't. This isn't the Bundesliga or La Liga and we aren't their equivalent of Bayern or Barca. Yet.
I agree that a lot of the teams are better than they have been historically, but looking just at City, we haven't played well for a while now. In fact, apart from the odd game, we have barely played well since the first 4/5 games of the season. Out of a possible 18 points, we have picked up 7.

Just as it was clear something was wrong in Mancini's final season, it appears something is wrong this season. We should not be putting in the level of performance we are at the moment (although we were slightly better last night).

We are way, way below the sum of our parts at the moment, way below. Apart from the odd player (Fernandinho springs to mind), we don't look motivated - hart suggested as much in his post match interview against Swansea. I'm not suggesting the players have fallen out with him the way they did Mancini, but something isn't right. Furthermore, our record against the "top clubs" this season is very, very poor - and hasn't ever been particularly great under Pellegrini. If I was being really critical, I could argue whether we class Chelsea as a "top team" for this season, and therefore dismiss that win - but that seems a bit harsh as I'm not quite sure when the Chelsea rot set in. Plus, that was a gray win. Apart from that, though, you look at Spurs, United, Liverpool and Arsenal, and it makes pretty poor reading.

As someone said earlier, a few seasons ago I would go into games very rarely thinking we would lose. It doesn't seem like that anymore. I don't hold much confidence going into Leicester away, and that could adult out us 9 points behind them, depending on what happens in the respective Boxing Day games.

I accept the only way is up, really, in terms of our performances, and we still have players to come back into the team and regain fitness, which is at least a positive.

It's disappointing at the moment watching city, especially when you consider the amount of money we have pumped into our CB position, and we still look lost without kompany.

I do question whether he would still be in a job if we weren't confident about pep?

I agree that a lot of the teams are better than they have been historically, but looking just at City, we haven't played well for a while now. In fact, apart from the odd game, we have barely played well since the first 4/5 games of the season. Out of a possible 18 points, we have picked up 7.

Just as it was clear something was wrong in Mancini's final season, it appears something is wrong this season. We should not be putting in the level of performance we are at the moment (although we were slightly better last night).

We are way, way below the sum of our parts at the moment, way below. Apart from the odd player (Fernandinho springs to mind), we don't look motivated - hart suggested as much in his post match interview against Swansea. I'm not suggesting the players have fallen out with him the way they did Mancini, but something isn't right. Furthermore, our record against the "top clubs" this season is very, very poor - and hasn't ever been particularly great under Pellegrini. If I was being really critical, I could argue whether we class Chelsea as a "top team" for this season, and therefore dismiss that win - but that seems a bit harsh as I'm not quite sure when the Chelsea rot set in. Plus, that was a gray win. Apart from that, though, you look at Spurs, United, Liverpool and Arsenal, and it makes pretty poor reading.

As someone said earlier, a few seasons ago I would go into games very rarely thinking we would lose. It doesn't seem like that anymore. I don't hold much confidence going into Leicester away, and that could adult out us 9 points behind them, depending on what happens in the respective Boxing Day games.

I accept the only way is up, really, in terms of our performances, and we still have players to come back into the team and regain fitness, which is at least a positive.

It's disappointing at the moment watching city, especially when you consider the amount of money we have pumped into our CB position, and we still look lost without kompany.

I do question whether he would still be in a job if we weren't confident about pep?
to answer you question, no chance in hell. would have been gone long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.