City vs Palace - Post Match Thread

You are not wrong but this is the premier league and to think you can restrict sides to no chances whatsoever every week is just pie in the sky.
Yes they had a great chance but our keeper made a great save, exactly what he is there for and he is an integral part of our defence which kept a 3rd clean sheet on the bounce today and our 10th in total in the league so far this season.
Or Stoke at home about five seasons ago. And didn't the reigning champions have no decent chances in the 1-0 (Vince) game? Not every week, but it can be done.

And talking of bent cnuts - how do we only manage TWO minutes of added time? Kolarov injury, Demichelis injury, five subs and two goals and we only get two minutes. Was Jonny on a promise from Mrs Moss? The sooner the refs have timekeeping taken from them, and the ongoing time is shown on a big screen with a clock that stops when time needs to be added on, the better!
Probably Pardew asked the referee to put a swift end to his sorrows ;)

Good game today. Only downside were two ignorant cunts behind me on the third tier of the South Stand shouting 'lazy bastard' every time Yaya got the ball. I'd take the season cards off them for ignorance alone.

On another note, Delph was excellent. Also surprised that Silva finished his chance off, as I thought he'd be in shock for getting a pass off Sergio in the box!

Had that behind me today in east stand, just slated him at every chance they got but seemed to miss his pass tha that led to the goal!

And talking of bent cnuts - how do we only manage TWO minutes of added time? Kolarov injury, Demichelis injury, five subs and two goals and we only get two minutes. Was Jonny on a promise from Mrs Moss? The sooner the refs have timekeeping taken from them, and the ongoing time is shown on a big screen with a clock that stops when time needs to be added on, the better!

Interesting point....and not the first time I've noticed it happen at The Etihad. Why is it when a game is 'over' as a contest, it's common for there to be just 2 minutes of added time? Guaranteed if it's 1-0 today, there's at least 3/4 as if adding to the drama and as pointed out should have been applied today in actual fact. What if we needed another goal to win the league on goal difference (again)?

I can't help but scream c#nt whenever I see pardew, he's as detestable as Maureen. A great result and good to see clichy and zabba back.

What an embarrassing MOTD. The editor made it look like Palace had far more of the game than they actually had.

And your point is what exactly ......
A spurs team just 4 points behind with a number of good young English players

My point is that with only 3 world class players starting, it highlighted to me that we need further investment to compete with the best in Europe. We aspire to be better than Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Being better than Spurs isn't good enough.

Great result from what could have been a banana skin game. Also, great to open them up with a long shot like Delph's.
I hate to say it, when considering the wealth of creative players we have, but I'm one of those who has wanted us to play a more balanced team, and - with Delph & Fernando starting and only 3 or 4 fancy Dan's in front, instead of 5 - I think we looka lot better. Notable that we've had clean sheets - the defensive cover from those 2 is a massive contribution. I'm more impressed with those 2 with each game.
Briefly, some great football: super goals: and a disgrace that Cabaye wasn't given a 2nd yellow at the death. It would have had no bearing on today's game, but, he's got away without a suspension that a lot of other players - eg, OUR'S! - wouldn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.