City V PSG ticket Prices: 1894 Group statement in full

We need to bear a few things in mind here:
Let me answer some of your points.

First of all let's remember that one of the reasons we were selected as club suitable for the large scale investment we have had was because of all round good nature and loyalty as supporters during 3 decades of winning nothing. Its not our natural way to be 'toys out of the pram' merchants like at some other clubs and I'm sure this helped our cause.
I think our loyalty through the bad times certainly played a decent part in the Sheikh's decision and we're certainly tolerant as a fan group. But some things cause us to fight and Swales' mismanagement saw a long and bitter campaign to out him. So we have our limits and this seems to be one.

I think people should pick and choose their games and vote with their feet regarding whether to attend or not and I don't want to see us going down the Liverpool fan's route of shooting ourselves in the foot in the process. I do not want to go back to the wilderness years again and had actually reached my limit by the Stewart Pearce era where we were very likely doomed to do an Aston Villa / Newcastle forever more.
There really is no connection between us taking a stand on ticket prices and us going back to League 1. People certainly should be free to choose whether to go to games or not. I'm often working out of town midweek so can't do those games when I am. But jsut slinking way because you've been prices out isn't the answer because unless people make a stand, they'll keep putting the prices up and up and one day it'll be the turn of those who think the prices today are reasonable.

The only issue here for me is whether the people signed up to the CL cup scheme had an expectation that they would need to pay this much to attend the game: everyone else can pick and choose, and let the club work out the pricing model based on attendances - its the smart thing to do.
It is the smart thing to do but the attendances at CL games have never been as high as the league attendances for various reasons. People who live a long way away or work away from Manchester. People whose work means they can't make the game because of their shifts. Kids who are at school. People who can't or don't want to pay the extra. People who have travel issues with night games. Etc. So the smart thing would be to recognise that, decide that the core support won't fill the ground and price the match to attract regulars put off by the price or new spectators who are just interested in this one game. They'l be selling cheap tickets to students, social clubs, other groups and maybe even giving them away to senior schools. So why not to regular fans who already fork out a lot of money?

I'm one of the lucky ones who got a £299 season ticket in the South Stand and I still can't believe my luck so I actually agree with the club's overall pricing structure to have a large capacity ground with ticket prices that suit every level of attendance and premium games and tickets when and where it matters: if this means tourists paying top dollar for my old seat on the half way line then to be honest: fair enough.
I said the same about the range of options for watching PL games at the Points of Blue meeting last night. It's good that we try to cater to every wallet. But then why charge just over £15 for the chance to see United or Chelsea and £50 (which I think you'll pay in SS3) to see PSG in the CL? What's the difference?

The scousers did an incredible job of getting the £30 away ticket adopted and they deserve the credit for that - however, they don't realise that in today's climate they are limiting LFC's ability to compete because sadly, money talks and as we know the players are incredibly greedy: the moneyball philosphy that the USA based owners of LFC subscribe to requires them to 'monetize' everything to 'secure' the 'optimal' player and we are lucky (more than we could ever know) that Brendan blew it on the home straight. With LFC's capacity and prices capped for the foreseeable future their moneyball philosophy could be totally broken.
Knocking £20 off the price of PSG tickets does not in any way impact our ability to compete, certainly not when we're making something like £12m by playing these two legs. So let's knock that on the head completely.

So, to blame the club for being greedy when in fact they are just being pragmatic about their business, and to avoid pointing the blame where it truly lies i.e. at the players is I believe being totally disingenuous.
But they are being greedy. They've sat down and set a price they MUST know will result in quite a few empty seats (and there will be loads if we get done in Paris) because they think that will maximise their revenue. They could have decided to set a price that ensured the stadium would be full and that would cost them around 1% of the money they'll be making for just those two games (let alone all the rest of the money they've made from this CL run.

Bollocks. You were outright trolling, and turned a constructive and interesting thread full of discussion into a display of squabbling and outright degeneracy. And for you to say that the said mod was "belittling our club" is complete and utter nonsense, just a deliberate misrepresentation of what he was saying and his position in an attempt to undermine him and his points.

If anything, you were belittling the club's support, while performing some grim self aggrandisement.

Your only real effort was to troll and get people's backs up, ruining discussion. And you succeeded.

It was for the better of the thread that you were banned from posting in it, regardless of your position on a protest. I look forward to you being banned from this one too once you inevitably cross the line again.

Not to worry won't be back just because I am one of many that can afford to go doesn't make us the enemy. To restrict people's point of view because they don't agree with others isnt what forums are about. You view it as trolling because it doesn't fall inline with you and your mates. Most people that can afford to go feel trolled for trying to argue their side. Clearly Bluemoon has changed to a place where people want to moan all day about getting kicked out for smoking and not being able to afford tickets.

Anyway I am off waited to long for your reply when you lied about capping on away ticket prices to try and fight your argument.

Be careful speaking any common sense on here means you get banned from posting on these threads. I know a mod on here banned myself and another 2 members from posting on the other thread because we did not agree with his views. We put well mannered and constructive replys but he has decided to remove our ability to post on that thread.
That is more worrying than the ticket prices that we have a Mod on here who is stopping people making comments if they don't agree with him. We have a problem with the club ticket prices and definitely a Mod on here who has a sole purpose to belittle our club.
I don't usually reply to posts like this but I will to this.

1) I haven't thread banned anyone. You were reported separately by two ordinary users for wumming and I specifically excluded myself from dealing with these reports so another mod, who wasn't involved in the thread, took a decision to thread ban you. I had no input to that and nor did I report you.
2) Two other users were banned completely, not just thread banned. One had been perma-banned under other names on more than one occasion and so he went for that, not because of anything he posted. Another was thought to be a wum masquerading as a blue as there were a number of alarm bells but we've given him the benefit of the doubt.

I'll therefore accept your gracious apology for maligning me.

I'm amazed that some people think that the ticket prices would have an effect on our ability to buy players, Ffs, if Yaya got sent off and the club fined him 2 weeks wages they could donate that towards the PSG prices and we'd all be paying £20 cheaper across the board roughly!!

Be careful speaking any common sense on here means you get banned from posting on these threads. I know a mod on here banned myself and another 2 members from posting on the other thread because we did not agree with his views. We put well mannered and constructive replys but he has decided to remove our ability to post on that thread.
That is more worrying than the ticket prices that we have a Mod on here who is stopping people making comments if they don't agree with him. We have a problem with the club ticket prices and definitely a Mod on here who has a sole purpose to belittle our club.

I completely agree with you - if you do not follow the party line of certain people in high places on here you are treated not only as not having a valid opinion or right to express it, banned as you say but also subject to personal abuse of a nature that clearly contravenes the site's own rules. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The internet gives everyone the right and ability to free speech, unfortunately it also gives people the means to prevent it.

I wonder which comments will now fall over the horizon?

Not to worry won't be back just because I am one of many that can afford to go doesn't make us the enemy. To restrict people's point of view because they don't agree with others isnt what forums are about. You view it as trolling because it doesn't fall inline with you and your mates. Most people that can afford to go feel trolled for trying to argue their side. Clearly Bluemoon has changed to a place where people want to moan all day about getting kicked out for smoking and not being able to afford tickets.

Anyway I am off waited to long for your reply when you lied about capping on away ticket prices to try and fight your argument.

You don't get it.

I too can afford to go, I'm lucky in that respect, I'm just not a self-absorbed, apathetic sociopath with a complete absence of empathy or understanding for my fellow blues who can't. I recognise the harm the increases are having on our support, and I want to do something to prevent them from doing more harm.

I believe we're all in this boat together, and we shouldn't be motivated by our own selfish personal considerations alone.

I didn't lie about the club voting against a £30 cap. I chose to believe the reports that it was true, given there were credible sources that City were at least opposed to the cap (pre Anfield protest), you chose to not believe it, and then said it was a lie effectively because there was no written statement from the club confirming it to be true (seemingly the only standard of evidence you'd accept). It didn't suit your narrative that they were opposed to it, so you described it as a lie with no evidence.

Anyway, you are the archetypal "I'm alright Jack", and you're a shit troll too. I'm done responding to you.

Let me answer some of your points.

I think our loyalty through the bad times certainly played a decent part in the Sheikh's decision and we're certainly tolerant as a fan group. But some things cause us to fight and Swales' mismanagement saw a long and bitter campaign to out him. So we have our limits and this seems to be one.

There really is no connection between us taking a stand on ticket prices and us going back to League 1. People certainly should be free to choose whether to go to games or not. I'm often working out of town midweek so can't do those games when I am. But jsut slinking way because you've been prices out isn't the answer because unless people make a stand, they'll keep putting the prices up and up and one day it'll be the turn of those who think the prices today are reasonable.

It is the smart thing to do but the attendances at CL games have never been as high as the league attendances for various reasons. People who live a long way away or work away from Manchester. People whose work means they can't make the game because of their shifts. Kids who are at school. People who can't or don't want to pay the extra. People who have travel issues with night games. Etc. So the smart thing would be to recognise that, decide that the core support won't fill the ground and price the match to attract regulars put off by the price or new spectators who are just interested in this one game. They'l be selling cheap tickets to students, social clubs, other groups and maybe even giving them away to senior schools. So why not to regular fans who already fork out a lot of money?

I said the same about the range of options for watching PL games at the Points of Blue meeting last night. It's good that we try to cater to every wallet. But then why charge just over £15 for the chance to see United or Chelsea and £50 (which I think you'll pay in SS3) to see PSG in the CL? What's the difference?

Knocking £20 off the price of PSG tickets does not in any way impact our ability to compete, certainly not when we're making something like £12m by playing these two legs. So let's knock that on the head completely.

But they are being greedy. They've sat down and set a price they MUST know will result in quite a few empty seats (and there will be loads if we get done in Paris) because they think that will maximise their revenue. They could have decided to set a price that ensured the stadium would be full and that would cost them around 1% of the money they'll be making for just those two games (let alone all the rest of the money they've made from this CL run.

Well said mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.