£10 ticket trial starting for tomorrow nights game

SS111 said:
Really unfair in my opinion. Having a ST it doesnt bother me too much, but I bet that there are some people who have saved for months and had to choose between games to get tickets for this game ... only to find they could have waited and gone for a tenner on the night, its not really on! Also, what is there stopping the scousers going and getting a ticket up there as they have sold their end out?

how about the people who paid more than a tenner for a ticket just don't whinge and wait until next time this happens when they'll clearly have a chance to benefit from it as well?....

SS111 said:
Really unfair in my opinion. Having a ST it doesnt bother me too much, but I bet that there are some people who have saved for months and had to choose between games to get tickets for this game ... only to find they could have waited and gone for a tenner on the night, its not really on! Also, what is there stopping the scousers going and getting a ticket up there as they have sold their end out?

It depends where the seats are, these seats are high up in the east stand and the others that were more expensive were probably better seats so worth more. Who cares if scousers get a few of them as long as they keep their mouths shut, all they are doing is giving us their cash.

nice one city..me and old fella ST holders,£10 means my daughter(student) and her BF(student) get to go to a prem game for £20 ....me driving me paying for food and drinks and 2 blues watching the game they wouldnt normally go.....again congrats city....and BTW does it bother me that in future i buy a ST and people get games for £10? not a chance because in future years i will be priority for tickets and reading recent posts there will be an almighty scramble for ST and matchday tickets

the future is very much bright and blue

Not sure if this has been posted but how about the last thousand or so tickets (prob in less pop seats) be sold at a £10 on production of Jobseekers allowance/disability benefit card of some type thereby helping fans on lower/ no income still get to the odd game?

ye gonna get me ma dad and ma bruva some tickets for this game,rang the club up yesterday,told me it was 34 quid for a ticket,i refuse to pay that to watch a football game,just cant afford it at them prices,put thanks city for lowering it,be there cheering on da boys 2night.

feel sorry for those who paid top whack, but anything that dets people along is good in the long term

i can only see season ticket prices dropping, the club are trying to gain fans

Holcombe bloo said:
Not sure if this has been posted but how about the last thousand or so tickets (prob in less pop seats) be sold at a £10 on production of Jobseekers allowance/disability benefit card of some type thereby helping fans on lower/ no income still get to the odd game?

They used to do this in the 'olden days.' Present a UB40 at Platt lane end and hey presto, you were in for a few quid cheaper than the full price. Think it worked out about £2 odd in those days (i mean early 80's period) though i will stand to be corrected.

I can feel the gasps now from the younger set imagining getting into a prem game (1st div as it was) for what now is cheaper than the programme.

And we had to get off our arses to turn the telly over as well!!! :-)

1_barry_conlon said:
Holcombe bloo said:

They used to do this in the 'olden days.' Present a UB40 at Platt lane end and hey presto, you were in for a few quid cheaper than the full price. Think it worked out about £2 odd in those days (i mean early 80's period) though i will stand to be corrected.

I can feel the gasps now from the younger set imagining getting into a prem game (1st div as it was) for what now is cheaper than the programme.

And we had to get off our arses to turn the telly over as well!!! :-)

Nahhh i had a stick for that matey!

What everyone criticising this scheme has failed to acknowledge is the risk factor.

Why do people queue up for days for tickets to Wimbledon or for the sales? Because that is the "price" required to guarantee entrance.

For the guy who is complaining about his £52. How much would it be worth if you arrived to buy on the night and there was only 1 ticket left? How much would you pay a scalper (do we still have them at football grounds?) to get the 2 tickets you would need?

The point is that if you bought your tickets earlier, you've got them and can plan around the fact that you have. If you wait till the day of the game there is no guarantee and that could cause a lot more than £52 worth of misery.

I get to about 4 or 5 games a year. The cost of just getting to one is about the same as a season ticket. I would never dream of waiting to buy my ticket when I arrived, whether that's for £40 or a tenner. The risk of disappointment would be way too high.

SWP's back said:
mammutly said:
It is generally not a good idea to try and sell a product at too high a price and be left with surplus stock which is then hurriedly sold off at cost price

It reflects a poor marketing/sales strategy. It's a business error.

Weird, you try and sound intelligent but fail here. Every supermarker sells on the cheap close to expiration date.

City didn't and haven't tried to see at too high a price. We have averaged over 94% capacity for each home game. Taking into account the away sections not being full, how can you say that the prices have been too high this season?

What is 'weird' ( very odd use of a word) is that you cannot tell the difference between a can of baked beans and a match ticket.

94% capacity for mid week games? I think not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.