£100 to Bluemoon for 1 successul Richards cross (year 2)

Re: £100 to Bluemoon for 1 successul Richards cross (year 2)

Just seen the goal again on replay. Can't understand why some people were talking about that being a cross, because it was definitely a pass to Bellamy, nothing more than that.

Lets not get into a war of interpretation. The RULES ARE CLEAR.

1. Richards must "cross" a ball IN THE AIR to a City player.
This is to take away the confusion (eg. this Bellamy goal) of it being a pass or cross.

2. The intended City player (who receives the cross) must get a part of his body on the ball.
This is so that Richards blasting a ball across the area doesn't also qualify as a cross.

These were the rules from day 1. THIS is the £100 challenge.

I still think 'in the air' is a total cop out.

EDIT: I'm well aware this is from a game, but its an example. By your reckoning, and apparently google's, this isn't a cross.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glXKJjeIaLg[/youtube]

quiet_riot said:
I still think 'in the air' is a total cop out.

Is it that hard or is it that you don't expect Richards to do it?

34 games left in the EPL PLUS Carling Cup PLUS FA Cup.

A cop out would be if there were less than 5 games to go and I changed the rules at the last minute. The rules were clear from the beginning of the challenge and have not changed. Zabaleta, Bridge all had crosses already this year in the air that resulted in goals. The challenge is for Richards to do the same (doesn't have to result in a goal).

All he has to do is cross the ball (in the air to be specific) and the challenge is fulfilled.
He has at least 40 games left to do it.

skybluekings said:
The rules were clear from the beginning of the challenge and have not changed.

You've added the 'in the air' bit that isn't present in the OP...

quiet_riot said:
skybluekings said:
The rules were clear from the beginning of the challenge and have not changed.

You've added the 'in the air' bit that isn't present in the OP...

In later posts the in the air description was added to avoid confusion as to what is a pass and what is a cross.
In any case, its still game on with at least 40 games left for him to do it and everyone should now understand what he has to do. Even if the was no "in the air" issue...today was a pass to Bellamy, not a cross. See the goal replay.

So you'll give £100 to Bluemoon (but only if it's a cross and the ball can clearly be seen to be fully clear of the grass, but also is not supplied by means of an overhead kick- even where that exact move may have been practiced as a training exercise to provide goals at set pieces)

Are there any other caveats that need to be considered before this thread is bumped again? Anything that happens on a Tuesday is ruled out as inadmissable, perhaps? Or if in a month with an 'R' in the spelling of the name? To be fair, if you mention them beforehand, it'll often look a bit better.

;P

More seriously, methinks you bet against Mica supplying any sort of assist from a wide right berth, and methinks you've lost that bet, fella.

That's a full 30p each, I reckon, if we split our winnings between the regular posters... ;)

goat boy said:
So you'll give £100 to Bluemoon (but only if it's a cross and the ball can clearly be seen to be fully clear of the grass, but also is not supplied by means of an overhead kick- even where that exact move may have been practiced as a training exercise to provide goals at set pieces)

Are there any other caveats that need to be considered before this thread is bumped again? Anything that happens on a Tuesday is ruled out as inadmissable, perhaps? Or if in a month with an 'R' in the spelling of the name? To be fair, if you mention them beforehand, it'll often look a bit better.

;P

More seriously, methinks you bet against Mica supplying any sort of assist from a wide right berth, and methinks you've lost that bet, fella.

That's a full 30p each, I reckon, if we split our winnings between the regular posters... ;)

LOL! :D

Correct.

Common man, its not that hard for him to do...is it? Its a challenge with rules which are pretty clear.
Over 40 games left.

I've just discovered this...

Cue the City fightback. Barely ten minutes later, Arsenal trailed again when Richards crossed for Craig Bellamy to sweep almost nonchalantly beyond Almunia's despairing dive.

These are the words of Peter Ferguson, in his summary for the OS. See, even Peter thinks you should cough up...

;)

goat boy said:
I've just discovered this...

Cue the City fightback. Barely ten minutes later, Arsenal trailed again when Richards crossed for Craig Bellamy to sweep almost nonchalantly beyond Almunia's despairing dive.

These are the words of Peter Ferguson, in his summary for the OS. See, even Peter thinks you should cough up...

;)

LOL: D
Peter needs to watch the replay (1:29-1:32 in the video below - 100% pass)
Richards will do the cross soon enough. He had a cracking game today!

Its only £100 but the fun of it is that he meets the rules.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldkDkbtBK48[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.