£100m for Torres

Am I the only one that doesn't want Torres? The guy has way too many injury problems. I just don't think we need any more strikers, we need defenders and a midfielder, hopefully Hamsik.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Am I the only one that doesn't want Torres? The guy has way too many injury problems. I just don't think we need any more strikers, we need defenders and a midfielder, hopefully Hamsik.

Complete madness not to want him tbh, on form he's the best striker in the world.

even if he's only fit one third of the time (which is an extreme case scenario anyway), that's gotta be worth having??

ElanJo said:
We paid 25m for Adebayor, who was a 1 in 2 goalscorer for le Arse.

Torres is a 1.5 goals in 2 player. Really that should mean that Torres is worth around 35-40mill, going of goals alone.

The goal ratios for both players play out pretty much like this for the current season, with Ade scoring 13 in 26 and Torres scoring 22 in 32.

Having Torres, Tevez and Adebayor as our 3 main strikers would be absolutely mouthwatering and strike fear into the hearts of all of europe.

I think if we were to get Torres we could get him for 50mill, which all in all, considering his goals and the added marketing boost etc., would be a fair deal.
This, but we should make it £35 mill rising to £50 mill based on game time, injuries and goals or whatever, like we did with RSC.

I'd love to see Torres, but he needs to man up a bit. Look....

21bzwj.jpg

For £100 million, I'd be expecting Johnson, Gerrard and Torres! At a realistic price I'd take Torres though, his injuries are down to Lverpools lack of depth, he gets rushed back then has to play up top on his own, he would be afforded the rest and recovery needed.

Pigeonho said:
I'd love to see Torres, but he needs to man up a bit. Look....

21bzwj.jpg

So you recommend plastic surgery ?
100m is an absolute joke, 45-50m tops!

A playmaker is more important regardless.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 pm --<br /><br />Can see your point now...

mGihW.jpg

Wouldn't pay over £30mil for Torres, not when we have Adebayor and Tevez on fire. Aslong as we keep those two happy, we are fine. I want to see what Santa Cruz has to offer before we make any knee-jerk buys of strikers. Balotelli looks promising, Mancini knows of him from his Inter days- would love to see him in a City shirt.

MCFC-alan88 said:

your not alone pal i dont want him at city

Tevez, Adebayor, and a hungry potentially world class striker like Balotelli is enough, because we have three potentially class forwards (Nimely, Ball, Guidetti) one tier below the first team now, and in worst case situation can push Bellamy up front or in a worst-worst case situation, play just one striker with Bellamy, one of our new signings, Ireland, or Robinho (if he ever returns) behind him.

The risk of signing Torres, Villa, Ibra, or similar, is that it'll be very tough not to bench one of the chosen one/Ade/Tevez each match (unless we get daring and put Tevez behind them, but that would probably limit us to one defensive midfielder) and that could cause unrest/hissy fits from said benched player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.