£56 for home games

TGR said:
Amazing how many people complain about ticket prices to watch one of the top clubs in the world but think nothing of paying hundreds of pounds a year to watch football on SKY TV. For less than the price of a SKY TV sports package you could have a season ticket at the Etihad. not a criticism of anyone merely an observation.

two words Adam Smith
much better at analysing markets than Karl Marx

Smith warned of the collusive nature of business interests, which may form cabals or monopolies, fixing the highest price "which can be squeezed out of the buyers".

Sound familiar?

TGR said:
Amazing how many people complain about ticket prices to watch one of the top clubs in the world but think nothing of paying hundreds of pounds a year to watch football on SKY TV. For less than the price of a SKY TV sports package you could have a season ticket at the Etihad. not a criticism of anyone merely an observation.
And for those of us who don't have Sky, and who live overseas (making a seasoncard unrealistic)?

Dubai Blue said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Having to sacrifice their non essentials? FFS mate, that's called living in the real world and most of us did that when we had a mortgage or had kids.
I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make. Of course people have to sacrifice non-essentials for things like paying the mortgage and keeping the kids clothed and fed; trust me, I fully understand that's what real life is all about, which is why I covered it in the final sentence of my post.

But football isn't your mortgage or your kids' clothes, and it shouldn't be necessary for people to cut down on absolutely everything else in order to afford it. The fact that people are advocating such an approach shows just how far detached football has become from what it actually is and from what made it so popular in the first place.

Personally, I think going to watch football on a match-by-match basis in England is now scandalously overpriced; you obviously feel different and you're perfectly entitled to that view.

I don't disagree it's overpriced, mate. I'm just pointing out that going to watch live football isn't a necessity like paying the mortgage, feeding and clothing the kids or paying the gas bill.
It's something we obviously all enjoy but in reality, it's the same as anything else that goes up in price. We have to choose to keep it or lose it. Another poster mentioned a years Sky subscription would pay for a season ticket. Knocking off the sports and movies would almost do it.
How many City fans book £5k holidays? Some have a week in Spain instead, others will have a caravan holiday in the UK. They will cut their cloth to ensure they keep their season ticket.
I'll wager some may book C/L away matches this season and choose to watch the City games on Sky or in the local boozer.
I'm looking at doing that.

TGR said:

To be fair a family of four can watch a game on the same TV. They can't get into the ground on the same ticket.

And they aren't restricted to just 90 mins entertainment a fortnight with their TV package.

I'm lucky I can afford my ST at the moment but next season might be a different story and there's no way I'd pay £56 for a league game to attend when I can. If it comes to it Sky/internet might be my only option.

Just as shocked, after recieving my email from the branch telling me its £56,after spending £35 on membership,blue card with ticket Priority and on top of that £20 transport plus drinks,that over £100 for 95minutes entertainment,just have to keep it quiet from the wife!!

Just out of interest, for those with a season ticket who think the price is too high, if you are unable to attend a game, would you sell your ticket on the ticket exchange for around the amount you paid, the advertised price of a ticket to Blue Members or more than the advertised price?

Lavinda Past said:
kippaxkid74 said:
LoveCity said:
Not to be a twat but how many people who complain have expensive phone contracts, like to drink a lot, smoke, drive to places where they can walk, and so on? These are not all essentials in life. I've found that with a little thought and effort I can afford my season ticket and travel costs comfortably while earning very modest money. Of course it's a lot different if you have kids which I don't as they eat through your money but my point is I think there are always luxuries that can be cut down on if you really want to watch City. I don't drink, smoke, buy DVDs/CDs, and walk or use the bus, and am comfortable even in this economy.

I have a season ticket, have done for over 20 years, but struggle to fund it now due to lots of problems (but not giving it up, i can't..). But just wanted to reply about the above quote.
Maybe some are like that yeah, but on here there's always an assumption that almost everyone has disposable income they can cut out to then save up for football.
I don't have a phone contract (pay as you go for emergency only!), i don't drink, don't smoke, don't drive, don't have fancy holidays, don't go to the cinema, don't have sky or cable, and so far due to some health problems with my girly bits i've no kids either :( But my financies are up shit creak. I made it this time with the season ticket, and plan to try again next year too. But some people simply have nothing they can "cut out" to be able to save for city anymore, but does that make it right that prices continue to rise against the rate of inflation, people's wages or benefits don't go up, many wages are going down and you get made to feel grateful you still even have a job. But i'm in debt to pay for my season ticket again, and i really feel for those who can't afford to go anymore at all.

(ps - those that DO drink and smoke etc - i agree, cut down and you'll see the difference!)

Superb post KK74.

BlueGMD said:
Just out of interest, for those with a season ticket who think the price is too high, if you are unable to attend a game, would you sell your ticket on the ticket exchange for around the amount you paid, the advertised price of a ticket to Blue Members or more than the advertised price?

I would and I will. My Season ticket was £695 so if I sell it will be for £36 per game regardless of who we will be playing. Thats for a padded seat on Tier 2.

To be honest I think fans can do something like this to help others and the more that are up for this the better.

ManCitizens. said:
psychocandy said:
the biggest disgrace about the price is it gains very little income

take away the 36k s/cards the 4/5k away fans that means your fleecing about 7/8k city fans

2,800 the away allocation is, they also get charged the same as the City fans. Don't really know what people expected though, we are being forced to increase income levels with the FFP. This is just one way of doing it.

Ticket sales make very little difference to income. dont believe the hype.

The Pink Panther said:
Would you rather pay £35 or £55?

Would you rather watch - Ben Thatcher, Richard Dunne, Joey Barton, Darius Vassell and Georgios Samaras
or
Gael Clichy, Vincent Kompany, David Silva, Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero?
People would rather be able to afford to pay and go and watch anyone, rather than not be able to afford to go at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.