£56 for home games

Well thats me not attending many games this season. Thank god ive got a free ticket for the Southampton game. The only game i can seriously see me going to (well paying for) this season is United, Chelsea and Arsenal at home. I will probably get to more away games this year.

mcfcliam said:
Why can German clubs charge £10 for tickets but our clubs charge £50+?

Bundasliga is everything the premier league should have been. Safe standing, beer in the terraces (I know about Hillsborough, yes but surely there is a way of doing this safely), cheap tickets etc. We are in fact the complete opposite and it's absolutely disgusting.

We were once the inspiration to these foreign supporters and now we're a laughing stock.
Greed my friend, the players have stolen all the money, agents getting millions leaving the fans to help out clubs with our contributions.

jimharri said:
And what about those of us who don't live within easy, cheap-ish travelling distance of Manchester, for whom a seasoncard is not a realistic option?

Although not as far away as Mayo, I decided a couple of years ago to get a season ticket purely on the basis that if I made the 10 "biggest" games then anything else was basically "free".

My season ticket is £555 this year so at £52 per ticket it looks like the same will (roughly) apply again. The past couple of years I've made more than 10 games, but in all honesty this year that may not happen as my wife is due our second child in January so that will stop me travelling for a few weeks at least.

cheddar404 said:
Yes, and even £48 is an obscene amount of money for a ticket. Something needs to be done about ticket prices in this country.

Last year I paid £47 for the Old Firm games at Ibrox, and one of them at Parkhead. I paid £15 for City vs United at home (in the cup) and £41 at Old Trafford. My season ticket was also cheaper than my friends at Ibrox & Parkhead last year & is so again this year - at Parkhead at least. So in that respect, our prices are more than reasonable.

fathellensbellend said:
has anyone posted about giving up food, not paying your mortgage, selling your kids etc, normally get one dickhead who thinks you should pay whatever the cost.

i have really enjoyed the last 35 years watching city, over 140 different grounds, and finally seeing us win something, sadly it looks like i wont be able to carry on the tradition with my kids of taking them everywhere, football doesn't want my kind of support anymore.

well done platini you arsehole.

It's a shame but I would'nt blame Platini - its more to do with the greed of players and us as fans wanting a winning side. To enjoy the success the club has to pay through the nose and we are one of the major revenue streams for them.

Its easy to blame Platini - all he was asking for was for teams to spend within their means. Its still the clubs going out there spending millions

The premier League is a showcase league wanting the best players in the world playing in it. Clubs are stretching themselves so far to more or less being bankrupt

fathellensbellend said:
has anyone posted about giving up food, not paying your mortgage, selling your kids etc, normally get one dickhead who thinks you should pay whatever the cost.

i have really enjoyed the last 35 years watching city, over 140 different grounds, and finally seeing us win something, sadly it looks like i wont be able to carry on the tradition with my kids of taking them everywhere, football doesn't want my kind of support anymore.

He's not totally to blame
When you take into account a very average premier league player earns between 40 and 60 thousand pounds a week, you can see why ticket costs are so high around the country

The season before last it was £50 for tkt for the derby in east level 3 - doesn't seem much of a rise in two seasons tbh - not suggesting it's not expensive, just that the rise is reasonable.

If everyone moans about the cost of football, but then still goes to the football, they will do nothing about it.

If nobody goes to the football anymore and the stadiums are empty, and there is no money coming in then something would be done. As long as the Rags have 78k, Arsenal 60, us 48, Newc 50/52, and so on, then clearly those in charge can charge whatever they like. You aren't going to fill the D.W or St Marys, Majeski, etc every week though even if it were free to get in.

If I were still living in Manc would I go every week? Bloody well try. But I would have to vote with my wallet and feet these days.

el bee said:
The season before last it was £50 for tkt for the derby in east level 3 - doesn't seem much of a rise in two seasons tbh - not suggesting it's not expensive, just that the rise is reasonable.

It all adds up.

I'm lucky as my ST works out at £20 a game. I just feel sorry for the non ST holders who plan on taking their missus and kids. It will cost hundreds just for the tickets.

We're in real danger of losing some of our core support. I know non ST holders who go to every/most home games. That can't happen now.

Not to be a twat but how many people who complain have expensive phone contracts, like to drink a lot, smoke, drive to places where they can walk, and so on? These are not all essentials in life. I've found that with a little thought and effort I can afford my season ticket and travel costs comfortably while earning very modest money. Of course it's a lot different if you have kids which I don't as they eat through your money but my point is I think there are always luxuries that can be cut down on if you really want to watch City. I don't drink, smoke, buy DVDs/CDs, and walk or use the bus, and am comfortable even in this economy.

I do agree ticket prices are too high now though but look at our own club for part of the blame... the wages City (and the rest of the big boys) pay players are absolutely obscene, when I see a player like De Jong refusing to sign a new contract because City will only pay something like £85,000/week compared to the £100,000/week he wants it really is sickening. We idolise them because they entertain us but they live in a bubble where they fight clubs over a matter of thousands when they earn more in a week then most of us do in two years. And the higher these wages go, the greater the money leaving the club is which needs to be made back.

The Pink Panther said:
fathellensbellend said:

He's not totally to blame
When you take into account a very average premier league player earns between 40 and 60 thousand pounds a week, you can see why ticket costs are so high around the country

while agreeing to an extent with what you are saying, where is the logic in city having mega rich owners, but a system that doesnt allow them to invest in their own property without falling foul of ffp. The extra ticket revenue is miniscule to our owner, but massive to the fans on modest wages, but the system means we as a club have to bleed the fans dry, when in truth our owner would "happily" invest in the club. To be honest the whole ticket issue is becoming tiresome, and i can see thousands of fans from all clubs voting with their feet, and it'w way way overdue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.