Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This and Jovetic has possibly got to be the most long winded signings since the 2 month wait for Pellegrini!!

I sure hope his football is faster paced then his fucking dealings!!

;-)

Blueband Brother said:
I have to submit that I also have a good feeling about Negredo. I think he is going to surprise a lot of doubters out there and be very successful.

Ok, he is not a big name but big name evidently do not necessarily equate to success and productivity. If you peel everything down an really access the player and his qualities, it should become easy to predict that he can actually prove to be one of the best goal scorers in Europe at a club like city with our platform and the players we have around him.

I think he is going to be a hit.

Exactly, Mario Mandzukic spring to mind.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
This and Jovetic has possibly got to be the most long winded signings since the 2 month wait for Pellegrini!!

I sure hope his football is faster paced then his fucking dealings!!

;-)

I feel like neither have dragged on compared to others in the past years. Negredo was pretty rapid since Tevez left tbh and whilst we've been "linked" with Jovetic for years, it's been less than a month where it seems our interest has been sincere.

Before social media, have people complained so much about how long it takes to complete a deal? While ideal to get all the players in ASAP, it's still officially 2 weeks since the window opened and we are close to finish our shopping this window. This has already been better than the last few windows. Keep the faith.

I think it's unfair for some posters to be saying he'll be the best striker we ever have etc, as it places too much expectations on him.

I've watched him play many times and he is a good striker but he isn't excellent like Aguero etc.

Many of his goals come from the team breaking and wingers then crossing into the box, so I feel he will fit perfectly with Navas. He surges into the box hoping a winger or midfielder finds him with a through ball or cross.

He won't however play like Aguero who can score from nothing i.e. his goal against the rags at the swamp.

His downside is that he can and does miss alot of chances.

The Premier League runners-up make a breakthrough in their pursuit of the forward, with personal terms now set to be discussed, as they swoop for him and Stevan Jovetic

Manchester City have agreed a £21.7 million plus add-ons deal with Sevilla for striker Alvaro Negredo, Goal understands.

Terms between the clubs were ratified on Tuesday morning before the 27-year-old left the Spanish side's pre-season training camp in Costa Ballena. City officials are set to finalise personal terms with the forward in the next 24 hours.

TRANSFER TALK
15/8 Napoli are 15/8 with PaddyPower to be Edin Dzeko's next club
Negredo, who was targeted by City after the Premier League side baulked at Napoli's £54m asking price for Edinson Cavani, as well as the Uruguayan's £250,000-a-week salary demands, is set to see his salary doubled to around £75,000-a-week.

Sevilla could receive a further £2.6m in performance-related bonuses on top of the €25m fee paid by City up front, after protracted talks between club officials reached an end.

City have forged a strong relationship with the Spanish outfit this summer following Jesus Navas's £18.5m move to the Etihad Stadium earlier in July and were given indications that an agreement was close after Sevilla confirmed the signing of Colombian Carlos Bacca from Club Brugge on Thursday.

Bacca will serve as Negredo's replacement under coach Unai Emery, who admitted on Saturday that Negredo was "likely to leave" the club.

The agreement to sign Negredo comes 24 hours after the £23.3m deal was agreed between City and Fiorentina for attacker Stevan Jovetic, which was exclusively revealed by Goal on Monday.

It is understood that an official announcement over both signings could from the club on Saturday or Sunday, with City's summer spending set to top £90m, following the signings of Navas and Shakhtar midfielder Fernandinho in June.

argyle said:

The Mirror article said he missed the most clear chances out of Europe's major 5 leagues.

Part of me wonders why, after a season ruined by too many missed chances, we are buying him for so much money.

Hope to fuck that Jose doesn't buy someone like Suarez or Ibra.

argyle said:
I think it's unfair for some posters to be saying he'll be the best striker we ever have etc, as it places too much expectations on him.

I've watched him play many times and he is a good striker but he isn't excellent like Aguero etc.

Many of his goals come from the team breaking and wingers then crossing into the box, so I feel he will fit perfectly with Navas. He surges into the box hoping a winger or midfielder finds him with a through ball or cross.

He won't however play like Aguero who can score from nothing i.e. his goal against the rags at the swamp.

good to hear a well balanced appraisal of the player so as we know what we`re getting rather than the....he`s shit or he`ll be the best striker ever that we`ve had to put up with lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.