Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
This and Jovetic has possibly got to be the most long winded signings since the 2 month wait for Pellegrini!!

I sure hope his football is faster paced then his fucking dealings!!

;-)

I feel like neither have dragged on compared to others in the past years. Negredo was pretty rapid since Tevez left tbh and whilst we've been "linked" with Jovetic for years, it's been less than a month where it seems our interest has been sincere.
Exactly, we're talking about taking the respective clubs top players away. These don't seem like protracted negotiatiations to me. Both transfers have entered the public arena, so all the preamble is also reported.

argyle said:
I think it's unfair for some posters to be saying he'll be the best striker we ever have etc, as it places too much expectations on him.

I've watched him play many times and he is a good striker but he isn't excellent like Aguero etc.

Many of his goals come from the team breaking and wingers then crossing into the box, so I feel he will fit perfectly with Navas. He surges into the box hoping a winger or midfielder finds him with a through ball or cross.

He won't however play like Aguero who can score from nothing i.e. his goal against the rags at the swamp.

His downside is that he can and does miss alot of chances.
Aguero has better technique perhaps, and more potential, but Negredo gets more goals.

He'll have to live with expectation because he's coming to a club which will expect to challenge for every trophy going next season.

What annoyed me about last season, is that our forwards seemed frightened to shoot last season. Always one more pass. negredo will sort that out.

Blue Haze said:
argyle said:

The Mirror article said he missed the most clear chances out of Europe's major 5 leagues.

Part of me wonders why, after a season ruined by too many missed chances, we are buying him for so much money.

Hope to fuck that Jose doesn't buy someone like Suarez or Ibra.

Who are the top 5 players with the most missed chances? I'd bet that they also score a lot of goals.

johnmc said:
Blue Haze said:
argyle said:

The Mirror article said he missed the most clear chances out of Europe's major 5 leagues.

Part of me wonders why, after a season ruined by too many missed chances, we are buying him for so much money.

Hope to fuck that Jose doesn't buy someone like Suarez or Ibra.

Who are the top 5 players with the most missed chances? I'd bet that they also score a lot of goals.
'nuff said

#2 most missed chances was Cavani. Because they have so many shots I suppose - but their goals vs. shots % were still very high. Negredo scored a goal every 6 shots, a better rate than any of our four strikers. A truly wasteful striker last season was Suarez or Tevez who needed many more shots to score a goal.

Got to be there to miss them.

To be fair he has got his fair quota of special goals too - Youtube!

Perhaps benefited from being the main man at Sevilla. he wont be at City but then again he'll be playing with better players, and wont be double-marked to same degree and City will dominate games to a much greater degree than Sevilla do.

But maybe style will be different. That and the new players may cause him some time to adapt.

Marvin said:
argyle said:
I think it's unfair for some posters to be saying he'll be the best striker we ever have etc, as it places too much expectations on him.

I've watched him play many times and he is a good striker but he isn't excellent like Aguero etc.

Many of his goals come from the team breaking and wingers then crossing into the box, so I feel he will fit perfectly with Navas. He surges into the box hoping a winger or midfielder finds him with a through ball or cross.

He won't however play like Aguero who can score from nothing i.e. his goal against the rags at the swamp.

Aguero has better technique perhaps, and more potential, but Negredo gets more goals.

He'll have to live with expectation because he's coming to a club which will expect to challenge for every trophy going next season.

What annoyed me about last season, is that our forwards seemed frightened to shoot last season. Always one more pass. negredo will sort that out.

Exactly how I see it.

How do you pronounce his surname? Is it ...

320938720_NayHorse_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
greedo.jpg

If all the reports are true and the bits I have seen of him live and on the ol' u-tube, i'm quite looking forward to watching him in sky blue along with our other new signings. If we complete Negredo and Jovetic with Fernandinho and Navas already in that will be a crackin window as far as Im concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.