Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
woolleyback blue said:
Jack Wills said:
mancboy said:
Its truly amazing how as soon as we go for a player everybody becomes an expert on that player and that league to the point where it seems like most people watched every minute of every game that he played in or could it be because he aint a big name people just dont know that much about him and have decided that they dont want him.

People say go all out for cavani and benteke, but not many people had heard squat about benteke before he started playing for villa and despite his goals id wager most people didnt watch a tremendous amount of him last season. I think the bottom line is well go on stats or whether a player is the next big thing and while negredo may not be the next big thing his stats in terms of goals are very good and you cant ask for more than that from a striker.

Agree about Benteke, I wouldn't want him either - one good season does not make a world class player.

However, there must be a reason why Negredo isn't a household name by his age. I'd imagine that reason is that he's not really very good. Certainly not compared to Cavani. Or Tevez or Balotelli.

We struggled for goals last season, handing the rags the title because of a failure to finish chances. Having already lost Mario and Tevez, and not being prolific from midfield (unless Fernandinho proves to be Lampard-esque), where are we going to find an extra 30 or 40 goals from this season?

So you judge a player by whether he's well known or not?

They are like children mate, they are used to buying players on Fifa 13 and fucking believe that because he has a rating of less than 80 on there little shitty simulator that he must be shit and isnt worth the time of day.

Does anyone remember that other useless piece of shit we bought called Shaun Goater?What did he go on to do for this club, infact you can throw Bernarbia and Berkovic into that useless pot of dogshit aswell.

flb said:
woolleyback blue said:
Jack Wills said:
Agree about Benteke, I wouldn't want him either - one good season does not make a world class player.

However, there must be a reason why Negredo isn't a household name by his age. I'd imagine that reason is that he's not really very good. Certainly not compared to Cavani. Or Tevez or Balotelli.

We struggled for goals last season, handing the rags the title because of a failure to finish chances. Having already lost Mario and Tevez, and not being prolific from midfield (unless Fernandinho proves to be Lampard-esque), where are we going to find an extra 30 or 40 goals from this season?

They are like children mate, they are used to buying players on Fifa 13 and fucking believe that because he has a rating of less than 80 on there little shitty simulator that he must be shit and isnt worth the time of day.

Does anyone remember that other useless piece of shit we bought called Shaun Goater?What did he go on to do for this club, infact you can throw Bernarbia and Berkovic into that useless pot of dogshit aswell.

Less than 80 you say? Fucking hell.

Yes, to some extent I do judge a player on how well known he is. They're usually well known for a reason. That isn't to say young players can't become well known, obviously, but if a player is brilliant he's generally well known by his mid-20's.

Also, it doesn't mean less well known players can't or won't do a decent job, as the Goater & Bernarbia examples show. But I think Cavani/Falcao or Bale would have done an even better one. It's a shame we don't appear to be aiming at that level anymore.

On Pellegrini, yes I accept his judgement of course, and I'm sure he'll get the best out of whoever he manages. But just imagine how much he would have got out of Bale or Suarez.

hi all , here in sevilla, i am back to the hollidays in malaga, approximately:

navas-negredo.jpg

images

navasynegredo.jpg

blue dresses look nice

images

Jack Wills said:
Yes, to some extent I do judge a player on how well known he is. They're usually well known for a reason. That isn't to say young players can't become well known, obviously, but if a player is brilliant he's generally well known by his mid-20's.

Also, it doesn't mean less well known players can't or won't do a decent job, as the Goater & Bernarbia examples show. But I think Cavani/Falcao or Bale would have done an even better one. It's a shame we don't appear to be aiming at that level anymore.

On Pellegrini, yes I accept his judgement of course, and I'm sure he'll get the best out of whoever he manages. But just imagine how much he would have got out of Bale or Suarez.

Pellegrini was given his Bale and his Suarez when he managed the Real galactico's I'd read his quotes about how unbalanced the team was. Bale works a Spuds because they are a counter attacking team could you imagine him in a Barca team with the close controlled passing game they play?? Its horses for courses. Negredo and Jovetic are what we need not Bale and Suarez.

Jack Wills said:
mancboy said:
Its truly amazing how as soon as we go for a player everybody becomes an expert on that player and that league to the point where it seems like most people watched every minute of every game that he played in or could it be because he aint a big name people just dont know that much about him and have decided that they dont want him.

People say go all out for cavani and benteke, but not many people had heard squat about benteke before he started playing for villa and despite his goals id wager most people didnt watch a tremendous amount of him last season. I think the bottom line is well go on stats or whether a player is the next big thing and while negredo may not be the next big thing his stats in terms of goals are very good and you cant ask for more than that from a striker.

We struggled for goals last season, very true, but we didn't the one before, and that was with mostly the same players, except Tevez disappearing for half the season, and Balotelli not always being available, due to petulance or fear of grass !

Our midfielders can score goals, Milner used to score for fun at both Newcastle and Villa, Silva's goals dried up last season, and so did Yaya's. We have to trust that Pellegrini can get more from the players we have. Mancini stumbled over the line when we won the league, and last year something was seriously wrong with the team. I know no-one can say that Benteke is world class, but Drogba had one good season when Chelsea took the plunge and signed him, and Benteke is much younger than Drogba was when he broke through. Negredo is a big name in Spain, he is the top Spanish goalscorer in their league but playing for a lesser team.

A lot of people on this forum said that Bale was a flash in the pan last summer, but yet again he has scored plenty of goals at Spurs. A club has to take a chance on signing a player sometimes, and both Bale and Benteke are chances worth taking if we have the cash to spare and can give them both game time. As for Negredo I personally don't have a clue if he'll cope with the pace and physicality of the Premier League, he does look a bit like Falcao, so maybe he does have the strength to be a good signing for us. We will have to trust the men making this signing and pass judgement in the next transfer window after this.

The other thing the club have done this summer is clear out most of the high earners and with Tevez not wanting to extend his deal, we had to sell him. £10 million quid, plus the same saved on wages and the reputed £6 million loyalty bonus saved was a great deal for us.

flb said:
woolleyback blue said:
Jack Wills said:

But Balotelli was incredible for us. I can't believe he didn't get nominated for Ballon D'or

flb said:
His goal scoring record is second to none.

Well I am sure he's a decent enough player, to say his scoring record is 2nd to none is obviously incorrect as a quick look at the top scorers in Spain and elsewhere in Europe will tell you.

Jimfv1 said:
Jack Wills said:
mancboy said:

We struggled for goals last season, very true, but we didn't the one before, and that was with mostly the same players, except Tevez disappearing for half the season, and Balotelli not always being available, due to petulance or fear of grass !

Our midfielders can score goals, Milner used to score for fun at both Newcastle and Villa, Silva's goals dried up last season, and so did Yaya's. We have to trust that Pellegrini can get more from the players we have. Mancini stumbled over the line when we won the league, and last year something was seriously wrong with the team. I know no-one can say that Benteke is world class, but Drogba had one good season when Chelsea took the plunge and signed him, and Benteke is much younger than Drogba was when he broke through. Negredo is a big name in Spain, he is the top Spanish goalscorer in their league but playing for a lesser team.

A lot of people on this forum said that Bale was a flash in the pan last summer, but yet again he has scored plenty of goals at Spurs. A club has to take a chance on signing a player sometimes, and both Bale and Benteke are chances worth taking if we have the cash to spare and can give them both game time. As for Negredo I personally don't have a clue if he'll cope with the pace and physicality of the Premier League, he does look a bit like Falcao, so maybe he does have the strength to be a good signing for us. We will have to trust the men making this signing and pass judgement in the next transfer window after this.

The other thing the club have done this summer is clear out most of the high earners and with Tevez not wanting to extend his deal, we had to sell him. £10 million quid, plus the same saved on wages and the reputed £6 million loyalty bonus saved was a great deal for us.

A well reasoned post.

People trying to convince themselves that the best thing for the club is to sign second tier players really make me laugh.

*Insert face palm gif here.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.