Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:
We will be competitor's for the league with Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko or Aguero, Cavani and Dzeko. We have the midfield and options now to ensure that is the case. The problem, from what I can tell, is that because he isn't the player other clubs are after, the so called 'big name signing', he just will be very poo indeed. There's no guarantee that 'big name' will do any better or worse than Negredo, but it is ok though because he is a big name and will cost £50m and make other clubs take note. If that's what fans base a signing on, what others will think, well it's a poor state of affairs.

A £24m Spanish forward who scores goals. Loads to be sad about that isn't there?!

You do realise that it is perfectly possible that a city fan might genuinely rate Cavani significantly more than Negredo? It is possible?
Course it is, but that's like saying someone rates Messi over Silva, and that same person being disappointed that we only managed to settle for Silva.
If we were buying Gran fucking Holt for £10m then people would have cause for concern, we're not though, we're buying a Spanish forward who scores goals for £24m.

Did you say that last year when we signed Garcia and Sinclair?

You do also realise these same people will get behind Negredo 100% and hope he's a real success. Its nothing against the player.

cibaman said:
Not seen much of him and those youtube videos can be very misleading

What sort of striker is he and how would he fit with Aguero and Dzeko?

Best suited to playing as a single striker?

Able to play behind Dzeko?

Able to play alongside or in front of Aguero?

Can he play wide in a 4-3-3?

Similar to Dzeko, so more likely to play alongside Aguero I would have thought. They're similar enough that I had wondered if our interest was possibly as a replacement for Dzeko.

spanish people laughing??

2e3abur.jpg

gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
You do realise that it is perfectly possible that a city fan might genuinely rate Cavani significantly more than Negredo? It is possible?
Course it is, but that's like saying someone rates Messi over Silva, and that same person being disappointed that we only managed to settle for Silva.
If we were buying Gran fucking Holt for £10m then people would have cause for concern, we're not though, we're buying a Spanish forward who scores goals for £24m.

You do also realise these same people will get behind Negredo 100% and hope he's a real success. Its nothing against the player.
I actually thought Sinclair might have been the one to surprise a few like Moses did at the Bridge. He'd proven he could hack the PL anyway, put it that way. Garcia was an unknown entity to many, and whilst he's been far from great, he's not been as shit as people make out. I think too many people had already made their mind up on him because of the disappointment re De Rossi, but again there's no guarantee De Rossi would have hacked the PL. Every signing is a gamble, but people seem willing to be disappointed on a £24m gamble who could rip up the league just because we aren't gambling £50m+ on a player who could just as easily flop. Negredo, for me, is a good signing and bolsters our attack. There's literally nothing to be disappointed about.

Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:

I actually thought Sinclair might have been the one to surprise a few like Moses did at the Bridge. He'd proven he could hack the PL anyway, put it that way. Garcia was an unknown entity to many, and whilst he's been far from great, he's not been as shit as people make out. I think too many people had already made their mind up on him because of the disappointment re De Rossi, but again there's no guarantee De Rossi would have hacked the PL. Every signing is a gamble, but people seem willing to be disappointed on a £24m gamble who could rip up the league just because we aren't gambling £50m+ on a player who could just as easily flop. Negredo, for me, is a good signing and bolsters our attack. There's literally nothing to be disappointed about.

With all due respect, I genuinely enjoy reading your posts, but if you stand by that then (again with all due respect and Im happy to agree to disagree) I find the football viewing part of your brain extremely questionable. That is not meant to offend and I know it won't. But I think even the most optimistic blue (and you wont get more optimistic than my old man) would have to accept he's been shockingly poor, off pace, and not equipped for the PL at the top level.

But ... cue the (give him time, he'll come good) brigade.

As for Sinclair, he had one season with a mid table promoted side in the prem. Some of us were more than alarmed by the fact he had previously been on loan at several championship sides. It was a ridiculous signing.

This Negredo signing is not comparable. It is not a ridiculous signing. But nonetheless, it is still a little underwhelming when one or two hoped and believed Cavani might come in (based on the belief he is a far better player). Thats all.

Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:

How can we possibly know anything about Sinclair ? We have rarely seen him play football.

If Pellegrini signs Cavani & Bale, & doesn't play them at all, ever, just throws them in for half a game after months on the bench, I guarantee they will not look great in that half a game or be considered good signings at the end of the season.

Pigeonho said:

What's more important is analysing how and where we lost the league last season. People are talking like we were miles behind the rags when the truth is that we had a squad which almost to a man underperformed dramatically. Yet still we finished comfortably 2nd. This panic and use of Sinclair/Garcia is very confusing for me.

BurningHart said:
roy.or.r said:
Is this guy any good? This season we seemed to be taking a lot of risks.

you must have forgotten what happened last time around.....
Yes I remember quite well and this season we are doing the same thing... I hope these risks will be beneficial unlike last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.