Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
gio's side step said:
hgblue said:
conormcfc said:
Someone started a thread on him a few weeks ago and most people were saying they wouldn't be interested.

Now we're properly linked with him everyone jumps on the bandwagon saying he's a brilliant signing. Much of the same thing happened when we were signing Sinclair last year.

It's like people can't have their own opinions in this place. If you don't like the prospect of signing a player then fucking stick to your guns, don't just put the blinders on.

I remember that Sinclair thread from last summer quite well. A handful of blues were warning that he wasn't good enough and got shouted down by the angry bees. I'm getting deva vu.

Its called self-deception syndrome.

timthumb.php

You been reading phrase of the day bog roll or something?

whats this obsession with self deception?

jonmcity said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
There's going to be a few blues eating their words this coming season!

One of those overhead kicks on his debut should just about do it. Good signing in my opinion, and will leave us with a budget to improve our left side midfield and defence.

I completely agree. Di Maria, CB and possibly LB if Kolarov goes and we are set for a tilt at both the PL and CL

Pigeonho said:
NipHolmes said:
Pigeonho said:
What exactly are 'our standards'?

Competitors for the league.
We will be competitor's for the league with Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko or Aguero, Cavani and Dzeko. We have the midfield and options now to ensure that is the case. The problem, from what I can tell, is that because he isn't the player other clubs are after, the so called 'big name signing', he just will be very poo indeed. There's no guarantee that 'big name' will do any better or worse than Negredo, but it is ok though because he is a big name and will cost £50m and make other clubs take note. If that's what fans base a signing on, what others will think, well it's a poor state of affairs.

A £24m Spanish forward who scores goals. Loads to be sad about that isn't there?!

You do realise that it is perfectly possible that a city fan might genuinely rate Cavani significantly more than Negredo? It is possible?

Pigeonho said:
NipHolmes said:
Pigeonho said:

We will be competitor's for the league with Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko or Aguero, Cavani and Dzeko. We have the midfield and options now to ensure that is the case. The problem, from what I can tell, is that because he isn't the player other clubs are after, the so called 'big name signing', he just will be very poo indeed. There's no guarantee that 'big name' will do any better or worse than Negredo, but it is ok though because he is a big name and will cost £50m and make other clubs take note. If that's what fans base a signing on, what others will think, well it's a poor state of affairs.

A £24m Spanish forward who scores goals. Loads to be sad about that isn't there?!

Well ducking said Pige

Pigeonho said:
NipHolmes said:
Pigeonho said:

Morning Fella-My only issue is that it is a league that is not a tap on the prem..Only really 2 teams ever going to compete whereas easily 5 or 6 could win it in ours.
It's like a lower league player bagging 30 and making the step up to the prem-It's risky if they are going to cut it or not-I hope I am proven wrong however it isn't about wanting A listers only but players who are better than what he have gotten rid of.Is Negredo better? On goals scored then yes but overall I am really not sure.

Mayor West said:
gio's side step said:
hgblue said:
I remember that Sinclair thread from last summer quite well. A handful of blues were warning that he wasn't good enough and got shouted down by the angry bees. I'm getting deva vu.

Its called self-deception syndrome.

timthumb.php

You been reading phrase of the day bog roll or something?

whats this obsession with self deception?

As opposed to 30 x 150 threads on Isco?

For the record, 9 of Balotelli's total 30 goals for us? Penalties. Neither he or Tevez have been good enough for us.

gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:
NipHolmes said:

You do realise that it is perfectly possible that a city fan might genuinely rate Cavani significantly more than Negredo? It is possible?
Course it is, but that's like saying someone rates Messi over Silva, and that same person being disappointed that we only managed to settle for Silva.
If we were buying Gran fucking Holt for £10m then people would have cause for concern, we're not though, we're buying a Spanish forward who scores goals for £24m.

The fact of the matter is Dzeko does score and it is not clear whether Mancini handled him in the right manner. Yes he has let the club down with lazy performances but under a new manager he has the ability to be a great asset to our side. Aguero again can easily score 30 goals a season as he did in our title winning campaign. Better man managment and better tactics will create goals in itself. Playing the right players and formations against each opponent will make a huge difference. Mancini never had a plan B and now we clearly have identified pace and width to address that. Negredo has a great scoring record and strikers from the Spanish league have done well in the premier league. Strikers from Italy have not done so well. His relationship with Navas will be important as well and he provides a bit of strength up front which has gone missing with Tevez leaving.

I don't see why people are looking for direct replacements for Tevez and Balotelli. Their combined scoring records were not great, Balotelli was hit and miss and whilst Tevez added that power, we have midfield players that can do his job and Negredo will score as many as Tevez did in his early days. Like that orchestra comment it is about fitting the pieces of the puzzle together and rather than going bright eyed for some superstar we are at a stage now where we can cement a great team with a collective of hard working quality players that bind together.

Team spirit was the key to us winning the league but it was clear it had gone last season. Now is the opportunity for us to add the final pieces to our team that we all knew were missing, the width and pace. We are addressing the issues we had and under Pellegrini have the opportunity to instill that winning mentality and team spirit that Mancini failed to do last season by not recognising the best tactics or not handling players in the right way. With changes at Chelsea and the rags now in a very stange and transitional period we could start a great era for the club and I have faith that we will.

Not seen much of him and those youtube videos can be very misleading

What sort of striker is he and how would he fit with Aguero and Dzeko?

Best suited to playing as a single striker?

Able to play behind Dzeko?

Able to play alongside or in front of Aguero?

Can he play wide in a 4-3-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.