Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Adcock said:
NipHolmes said:
Pigeonho said:
We will be competitor's for the league with Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko or Aguero, Cavani and Dzeko. We have the midfield and options now to ensure that is the case. The problem, from what I can tell, is that because he isn't the player other clubs are after, the so called 'big name signing', he just will be very poo indeed. There's no guarantee that 'big name' will do any better or worse than Negredo, but it is ok though because he is a big name and will cost £50m and make other clubs take note. If that's what fans base a signing on, what others will think, well it's a poor state of affairs.

IMHO we need Negredo + another. Hopefully Cavani but if not Gomez would please me. I said a few posts back. Combines in wages they would cost the same or less than Tevez and both have very consistent scoring records. We get to pocket Balotelli money too.

My main concern is actually the need for a quality left-sided player. Silva should play through the centre and a pacey and quality left sided player would perfect us.

If we play 1 up top then Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo is suffice. If we play 4-2-2-2 then it is not. I personally feel that the club won't gamble and will get in another and much of the flapping is premature.

We have another.....guidetti ?

At some point we have to either play the lad or move him on...
But I agree with you entirely a quality left side player is what we are in desperate need of

But Guidetti is coming back from injury and is still unproven, he needs patience and possibly a loan to another club. Newcastle, Swansea or WBA ideally as he'd get game-time in a decent side.

jimbopm said:
Sinclair hardly played last year so I don't think it's fair to judge him as a flop. The simple truth is that under Mancini the team got it's width from the full-backs and not wingers. This was probably because he didn't trust his wide players to help out defensively whereas he knew the likes of Zaba and Clichy would be up and down the touchline all day.

Now that Pellegrini's come in and with the signing of Navas, I expect our style of play to focus much more on width being provided by attack minded players. You would expect Sinclair to be given much more of a chance under the new manager than what Mancini gave him so let's see how his second season pans out.

With regards to Negredo, I can't say i've ever watched him, his strike-rate in front of goal is admirable though but until I've seen him play a good few times in a city shirt i'll reserve judgement on how good he is.
Two things, first, Sinclair has always been a flop except from one season. second. Pellegrine use the same formation as Mancini or 422, he prefers to play with to strikers and get the width from fullbacks or when needed from the 2 (silva/milner) I dont get why people just assume Pellegrine plays with wingers.

johnmc said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
I´ve watched Negredo many, many times here and if this is true then I have to say I´m pretty underwhelmed. Michu would have been a better bet but neither of them are of the class needed to mount serious challenges imho
Sorry - but that´s always been my opinion of him and I´m not going to change that just because he may or may not sign for us
A fourth/fifth choice striker for Spain - a department they are lacking in frankly re "world class"

How many teams have two world class strikers. We have Aguerro, Rags have RvP, Chelsea don't have one at present, Barca didnt have one last year have one, Madrid don't have one (unless you count Messi and Ronaldo as strikers which most don't), Bayern dont have one and won everything.

Start looking at who won things in the last 5 years and how many of them had two truly world class strikers playing

What is a world class striker?

Bayern has four players in the Top 25 in Europe taking the goals per minute ratio in League and Champions League. Gomez is 3rd with a goal every 83 minutes, Pizarro 5th with 100 minutes, Mandzukic 19th with 135, Müller 23rd with 149. Take Müller out who is not a real forward then the three of them together would make the no. 4 - behind Messi, Ronaldo and Cavani but better than Falcao...

RvP is no. 14 with a goal every 124 minutes, Dzeko 22nd with one every 147, Agüero 30th with one every 167 minutes.

Negredo is no. 12 with a goal ever 122 minutes.

Maybe you should not call it 2 world class strikers but 2 players that manage to have a high goal per minute ratio - as that might include all kind of offensive midfielders or all types of strikers, too. If I then take the Top 25 I see the following

Bayern: 4
Gomez, Pizarro, Mandzukic, Müller (it could be Robben, too - who just did not have his best year)

Real Madrid: 3
Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain

ManU: 2
RvP, Chicharito

The other clubs only have one - I left them how the ranked in the goal per minute ranking.

Messi Barcelona
Cavani Napoli
Falcao Athletico
Lewandowski Dortmund
Ibrahimovic PSG
Di Natale Udinese
Lukaku West Brom
Negredo Sevilla
Cvitanich Nice
Soldado Valencia
Suarez Liverpool
Kießling Leverkusen
Osvaldo Roma
Dzeko ManCity
Bale Tottenham
Benteke Aston Villa

----------------

Maybe you should come off that pure striker thinking in a time where there is not really the characteristic number 9 anymore. The big teams that usually do not field a 4-4-2 anymore field a 4-2-3-1 with at least one offensive midfielder that has high conversion ratios. The only real exemption is Barcelona due to their dependance on Messi.

Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:
Whether a player has played well, poor or somewhere in between is all a matter of opinion. I stand by the point that some had made their minds up on Garcia because of the disappointment of not getting De Rossi.
Sinclair was risk worth taking for the price we paid. If he flopped, (as is the case), we will still get £5m for him, but if he had upped his game with class player around him, he would have been a bargain. Like I say every signing is a risk.

Say Cavani was never linked with us, or say he never existed even, and Negredo was bought for £24m, would he be a signing regarded as underwhelming then? Bit disrespectful to label a signing as underwhelming just because it's not a £50m+ player some of the biggest clubs in the world are linked with.

I hope my post a few pages back actually happens, that he scores 25 goals and rips defences apart, and Cavani joins Chelsea and can't make the step up from a relatively poor league to the PL and is a total flop. I also hope that when Chelsea announce that signing, those on here moaning already go into total meltdown mode slating the signing of Negredo even more. Might teach them a thing or two about being brats.

No. Its based on watching him.

Some of us have watched Cavani before he was linked

Illogical to say because he does exist
Point is to some he is already a bad signing because he's not Cavani. Who's to say Cavani would work anyway? Didn't exactly set the confeds cup on fire, did he? It's like a child not getting his beloved iPad for xmas and getting the so called 'lesser' model. His mind is already made up that it's going to be shit because it's not what he wanted.
Not to mention being sold to napoli on the cheap originally because he was a bit shit before he hit napoli.. it could happen all again.. Torres for example

Last year, Pellegrini got decent form out of an ageing Santa Cruz at Malaga. If he can get something out of him, then imagine what he can get out of an established goal scorer like Negredo. Like many on here I haven't seen a lot of him, but he seems sensible. Not too extortionate, but reasonable and provides a direct answer to our issue. The guy is a poacher and is always in and around the box. He got 31 goals in an average team last year, this year he will be getting an immense supply of chances, which he can stick away at his leisure. Everybody loves the marquee signing where we shell out 50 odd million, but this guy is available at a good price and I'd much prefer him to the likes of Cardozo and Fred.

It's not just that he scored 31 goals, but that he did it in just over 40 games. Usually strikers scoring that many goals are playing over 50 games a season.

Now, take it easy on me but...

I can't believe City are linked with this guy for 24 million, Dzeko is by far the better player when compared to Negredo, and even he divides opinion right?
In the end when you look at it, it's a very disappointing transfer that doesn't improve the squad in any way.

gio's side step said:
BillyShears said:
gio's side step said:
No. Its based on watching him.

Some of us have watched Cavani before he was linked

Illogical to say because he does exist

Would you swap Kun for Cavani ?

That is a good question actually.

Should I take it your answer is yes :)

Damien10 said:
Now, take it easy on me but...

I can't believe City are linked with this guy for 24 million, Dzeko is by far the better player when compared to Negredo, and even he divides opinion right?
In the end when you look at it, it's a very disappointing transfer that doesn't improve the squad in any way.

Silliest post of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.