Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we are trying to reduce the squad down to 18 or 19 players with 6 or 7 players coming from the academy so that we don't have 5 or 6 1st team players is sitting in the stands brooding, would also mean that all 18 or 19 players are directly connected to the 1st eleven the only downside is that if we get injuries and suspensions academy players will be used. It means we can pay better wages for the 18 or 19 but have a reduced wage bill overall. The following example shows a 19 man squad 20 if you want to include Garcia somewhere. Would be unusal to go through a whole season where not one player is injured or suspended.

eg 19 man squad

Hart
Pants
Zab
Richards
Kompany
Nasty
Marquinhos
Clichy
Silva
Navas
Milner
Fernandhino
Rodwell
Nasri
Yaya
Aguero
Dzeko
Lamela
Negredo

negredo,yes.the other guy and get rid of dzeko,no.changing so many strikers in one go is a recipe for disaster,especially as all would be new to the country and the prem

Potentially not Negredo has already played in the same team as Silva and Navas, Aguero and Dzeko know the prem league and if Lamela came in well he is Argie so he might know all about Zab and Aguero anyway.

supercity88 said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
supercity88 said:
"Oswhoeverthefuck" that made me laugh a lot. One of the most childish comments I have seen. Spoilt brat!

Go on then smartarse overwhelm me with your encyclopedic knowledge of Romas 3rd choice striker. They are absolutely unquestionably downgrades on what we already have, that isn't the sort of signing we should be making. If we are going down the route of Aguero + back-ups then they should be a lot younger, Aubameyang or Muriel have loads more promise for a similiar outlay.

Firstly we don't even know whether we are interested in signing Oswhoeverthefuck because it is all rumour so you probably should relax a little for now. Negredo is a downgrade on who exactly? Tevez? Well, no because Negredo will score more than Tevez. Balotelli? Well, no because Balotelli was promising but did little to fulfil that promise. We don't need promising players, we need players who are in their prime supplemented by younger players. So Negredo and a young striker would make sense. Although Aguero and Dzeko aren't exactly old. We have removed two players, both on high wages. Tevez was not the same player as when he first signed and Balotelli didn't provide much for the team in the time he was here.

Hmmm you are making a lot of sweeping assumptions here, and totally missing the point that some strikers do more than score, Tevez was our ONLY threat in a worrying number of games last season, his work rate and creativity add so much to the team you can't quantify his value on goals alone, especially as he often played almost as an attacking midfielder a lot of last season. I've nothing against signing players in their prime, its signing players who in their prime THAT ARE NOT AS GOOD AS WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE AND ARE NOT REPRESENTING VALUE FOR MONEY. I think Negredo is a good option for 3rd choice striker at around £15 million and I think that's the deal we will be looking to make. Osvaldo just isn't good enough, can't get into the Italy squad our former lovable rogue is currently the main man of.

found this on twitter
"Alvaro Negredo has scored more goals than any other Spanish player since his La Liga debut (David Villa scored 100 since 07/08). Beast"

basically don't understand why some people wouldn't want him, he can bag goals and that's what we need if we want to win trophies.

Rammyblues said:
Maybe we are trying to reduce the squad down to 18 or 19 players with 6 or 7 players coming from the academy so that we don't have 5 or 6 1st team players is sitting in the stands brooding, would also mean that all 18 or 19 players are directly connected to the 1st eleven the only downside is that if we get injuries and suspensions academy players will be used. It means we can pay better wages for the 18 or 19 but have a reduced wage bill overall. The following example shows a 19 man squad 20 if you want to include Garcia somewhere. Would be unusal to go through a whole season where not one player is injured or suspended.

eg 19 man squad

Hart
Pants
Zab
Richards
Kompany
Nasty
Marquinhos
Clichy
Silva
Navas
Milner
Fernandhino
Rodwell
Nasri
Yaya
Aguero
Dzeko
Lamela
Negredo

Replace Lamela with a Navas style left winger and maybe keep Barry too?

20 senior players and the rest can be from the academy (many of whom don't need to be on any 25 man list as far as I'm aware)

We haven't signed a player under 27 yet this summer (besides the academy) and that will continue if we sign Negredo or Osvaldo, so I wouldn't mind a younger left-sided player to conclude our spending on the attacking front. Much rather see that than two new centre forwards with similar characteristics (Negredo - good, Osvaldo - I just don't see the point). If the likes of Di Maria and Reus are unrealistic, then Griezmann or Bernard or someone of that ilk/potential.

LoveCity said:
We haven't signed a player under 27 yet this summer (besides the academy) and that will continue if we sign Negredo or Osvaldo, so I wouldn't mind a younger left-sided player to conclude our spending on the attacking front. Much rather see that than two new centre forwards with similar characteristics (Negredo - good, Osvaldo - I just don't see the point). If the likes of Di Maria and Reus are unrealistic, then Griezmann or Bernard or someone of that ilk/potential.

I think that City used to youth players. Maybe Lopes, Guidetti, Suarez, Pozo ?

Kippax Street 1880 said:
supercity88 said:
NipHolmes said:
It would be about the same incoming and outgoing, the difference is wages and the fact Tevez would leave for sweet f.a next season.

"Oswhoeverthefuck" that made me laugh a lot. One of the most childish comments I have seen. Spoilt brat!

Go on then smartarse overwhelm me with your encyclopedic knowledge of Romas 3rd choice striker. They are absolutely unquestionably downgrades on what we already have, that isn't the sort of signing we should be making. If we are going down the route of Aguero + back-ups then they should be a lot younger, Aubameyang or Muriel have loads more promise for a similiar outlay.

I'm sorry to be the smartarse but he's not 3rd choice, Totti's quite rightfully numero uno, Osvaldo plays one side with Lamela on the other side, Destro's usually on the bench. Apart from the cup tourneys. For the record I'd be fucking underwhelmed if we got Osvaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.