Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
itisrising said:
LoveCity said:
Ian Herbert is saying we haven't even entered negotiations yet and that Pepe is our priority.

Pepe? Words fail me. I understand people will say trust Txkiki/Ferran/Pellegrini but a couple of the rumored signings are completely what we DON'T need.

We want Pepe for his European experience he says, something I and some others have argued a lot on here. City want to make an impact in Europe now which would explain signing so many players in their prime rather than greenhorns. Even Kompany has looked dodgy in Europe and he's supposed to be our 'experienced' defender now.
The first problem is that he offers no resale value. We will continue out pattern of overspending and selling on the cheap a couple of years later.

Secondly,.there are so many options that are superior to him. Why can't we go for a defender around the age of 25/26 that has experience. There are just so many options better than him.

Thirdly, the quoted price is 20M right? His exactly does this fit in with our."new transfer policy"? We are overspending like years prior but this time NOT on world class players.

The_Mo said:
I remember watching an El Clasico match and Messi booted the ball out with anger because he couldnt get past PEPE! Pepe then put his fingers to his forehead as if to say 'you feeling allright son?!'

Yeah. Pepe is a better footballer than Lescott could ever dream of being. Bluemooners are very stubborn... when we have a **** in our team, he's "our ****" but when we want to sign a **** we should avoid like the plague, even when he's a quality footballer. Kompany/Nasty/Pepe would be three awesome options to have. Pepe would start every Champions League game, IMO, until Nasty is more experienced. Nasty would play many league games.

I'm no cynic said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
richards30 said:
Any particular reason why you have pepe ahead of nasty?
Simple because pepe is better than nasty. Still think our fans exaggerate how good he is, although I'm not disagreeing that he has great potential. Just think we go over the top about his current defensive abilities.

If it's 4-3-3, then the team on present squad members could be:-

Hart
Zabba Kompany Nastasic Clichy
Fernandinho Rodwell Yaya
Navas Aguero Silva.

That's already a strong looking line-up and by the time the season kicks off, I'm sure we'll have some powerful options on the bench.

that is a seriously good team and how i expect us to lineup against the strongest opponents. The pace of Navas will mean no team can push right up and press high. Silva will be given more of a free role with the protection given from that midfield. And then you've got 3 in midfield who are capable of doing it all, making the late runs for Silva to pick out a through ball to and for Navas to pick out with a cross, and also provide the protection needed. Just hope pelligrini can teach Clichy to be a bit more adventurous going forward to provide some balance with Silva inevitably moving more centrally most of the time.

negredo is a decent striker, he'll be coming under no illusions that he's very much 3/4th choice which i have no problem with but they money being touted is far too much. Just remember we only received 10 and 20 million for Tevez and Balo respectively. lower the price or move on, there's others out there just as good for cheaper.

I see there is an 'experience' debate going on here. Anyone care to explain how Napoli, Malaga and Dortmund trumped our Champions League outing?

M24 Citizen said:
I see there is an 'experience' debate going on here. Anyone care to explain how Napoli, Malaga and Dortmund trumped our Champions League outing?
Our players aren't as good as City fans think, and our previous manager has a history of cluelessness in Europe.

It isn't just experience with Pepe. On his day, he's probably a better defender than anyone we have.

Seems that all the teas posted show him on our bench, what a wasteful signing fr 20m, much rather we take a gamble on top young talent

MadchesterCity said:
Seems that all the teas posted show him on our bench, what a wasteful signing fr 20m, much rather we take a gamble on top young talent
Papadopulos,Marquinhos,Matip etc

MadchesterCity said:

but then again our manager hasn't posted on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.