Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not in a position to take gambles. What if Kompany gets injured and one of those young defenders gets thrown in at the deep end and then gets swallowed by the sharks? What then? Pellers out?

itisrising said:
LoveCity said:
itisrising said:
Pepe? Words fail me. I understand people will say trust Txkiki/Ferran/Pellegrini but a couple of the rumored signings are completely what we DON'T need.

We want Pepe for his European experience he says, something I and some others have argued a lot on here. City want to make an impact in Europe now which would explain signing so many players in their prime rather than greenhorns. Even Kompany has looked dodgy in Europe and he's supposed to be our 'experienced' defender now.
The first problem is that he offers no resale value. We will continue out pattern of overspending and selling on the cheap a couple of years later.

Secondly,.there are so many options that are superior to him. Why can't we go for a defender around the age of 25/26 that has experience. There are just so many options better than him.

Thirdly, the quoted price is 20M right? His exactly does this fit in with our."new transfer policy"? We are overspending like years prior but this time NOT on world class players.

These are fair points but I assume as (I hope) we have one of the most astute team of commercial managers in the world issues such as re-sale velue etc. are very much in the forefront of the club's mind?

itisrising said:
MadchesterCity said:
Seems that all the teas posted show him on our bench, what a wasteful signing fr 20m, much rather we take a gamble on top young talent
Papadopulos,Marquinhos,Matip etc

Nah. Ask Ruhr about him when he comes onto the forum.

The_Mo said:
We're not in a position to take gambles. What if Kompany gets injured and one of those young defenders gets thrown in at the deep end and then gets swallowed by the sharks? What then? Pellers out?

Pellers in, literally, used to be a centre back himself once, mind! ;)

bluemathlady said:
The_Mo said:

And if Joe Hart and Pants gets injured there is also the assistant coach as well :).

Ray78 said:
bluemathlady said:
The_Mo said:

And if Joe Hart and Pants gets injured there is also the assistant coach as well :).

You see, thats the spirit :)

Negredo would be a decent 2nd/3rd choice option to have up front. Not a world beater but a solid, steady player.

Pepe on the other hand is a player I just cannot stand. He might be a very good player (though I'm not even sure about that these days) but he is one of a few players that I would really hate to see in a City shirt. He'd be overpriced at the figure being bandied around too.

BringBackSwales said:
MadchesterCity said:
Seems that all the teas posted show him on our bench, what a wasteful signing fr 20m, much rather we take a gamble on top young talent

but then again our manager hasn't posted on here

Great point which levels the speculation but the club watch this forum for our impression. Believe me they are influenced on what is posted here.

This is why we should only allow season ticket holders to post on transfer threads and bluemoon threads and restrict access on particular topics to get opinion of fans and not wums

MadchesterCity said:
BringBackSwales said:
MadchesterCity said:

but then again our manager hasn't posted on here

Great point which levels the speculation but the club watch this forum for our impression. Believe me they are influenced on what is posted here.

This is why we should only allow season ticket holders to post on transfer threads and bluemoon threads and restrict access on particular topics to get opinion of fans and not wums
So everyone who isn't a season ticket holder is a wum? for some reason I doubt that

League Cup:
Pants
Maicon Richards Nastasic Davies
Rodwell Garcia
Navas Suarez Nasri
Guidetti

FA Cup:
Pants
Richards Pepe Nastasic Davies
Dinho Barry
Silva Yaya Nasri
Dzeko

Weaker teams at home (PL):
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Clichy
Dinho Yaya
Navas Silva Aguero
Negredo

Strong teams at home (PL Top 7):
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Pepe Clichy
Yaya Dinho Milner
Navas Aguero Silva

Strong teams away (PL):
Hart
Yaya Rodwell Dinho
Navas Aguero Silva

Weaker teams away:
Hart
Richards Kompany Nastasic Davies
Yaya Dinho
Navas Silva Nasri
Negredo or Dzeko

Champions League:
Hart
Yaya Dinho Barry
Navas Aguero Silva

Something like this I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.