Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelle must have taken a liking to Pepe at Madrid, and here could be a reason:

RM under Pelle-35 goals conceded in 38 games with 14 clean sheets. CL 9 in 8 with 2 Clean Sheets.

Pepe had a serious knee injury in the December of that season, in games he played (16 League & CL), RM conceded 14 goals, kept 6 clean sheets and he picked up just 2 yellow cards.

In contrast Mourinho's Madrid conceded just 2 less in his first season in the league (33) with 16 clean sheets, and conceded just 6 in 12 CL games, keeping 8 clean sheets. Pepe played in 26 of the league games, conceding 23 goals whilst keeping 10 clean sheets. He played in 8 of the CL games, conceding 5 whilst keeping 4 clean sheets. His disciplinary record however had gone to 10 yellows and 2 reds.

In 2011/12 in Real's 100pt season they conceded 32 with 14 clean sheets. In the CL they conceded 9 in 12 with 6 clean sheets. Pepe played in 29 of the league games, conceding 24 with 11 clean sheets and 9 of the European games, conceding 7 and keeping 5 clean sheets. His disciplinary record was 15 yellows and 1 red.

Last season Real conceded 42 goals with 11 clean sheets. In the CL they conceded 18 in 12 games with 2 clean sheets. Pepe played in 28 league games, conceding 26 goals with 8 clean sheets and 11 of the European games, conceding 16 with 2 clean sheets. His disciplinary record was 9 yellow cards.

His disciplinary record could well be put down to Mourinho's man management style but the facts say that when he plays in the league Madrid concede 0.91 goals per game, without him they concede 1 per game, he is also involved in 58% of the clean sheets. In the CL with him they concede 0.94 per game compared to again 1 per game without. In the CL he is involved with 72.2% of the clean sheets.

I certainly think the disciplinary stats tell you that Mourinho's management style so famed at Chelsea to get his players bitching and whining has a lot to do with Pepe's famed disciplinary record, under Pelle he certainly behaved himself.

And yes, I know this is the Negredo thread but we were talking about Pepe.

MadchesterCity said:
Can someone provide his shot conversion rate please?

Last Season(goals/shots on target/total shots):

Negredo: 32/58/158.
Dzeko: 25/70/152.
Aguero: 20/58/120.
Tevez: 17/53/130.

Last 3 Seasons:

Aguero: 84/194/423.
Negredo: 76/140/362.
Dzeko: 66/177/423.
Tevez: 49/141/333.

% of Shots on Target becoming goals:

Negredo: 54.3%
Aguero: 43.3%.
Dzeko: 37.3%.
Tevez: 34.8%.

% of Total Shots becoming goals:

Negredo: 21%.
Aguero: 19.9%.
Dzeko: 15.6%.
Tevez: 14.7%.

% of Shots on Target:

Aguero: 45.9%.
Tevez: 42.3%.
Dzeko: 41.8%.
Negredo: 38.7%.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

RM under Pelle-35 goals conceded in 38 games with 14 clean sheets. CL 9 in 8 with 2 Clean Sheets.

Pepe had a serious knee injury in the December of that season, in games he played (16 League & CL), RM conceded 14 goals, kept 6 clean sheets and he picked up just 2 yellow cards.

In contrast Mourinho's Madrid conceded just 2 less in his first season in the league (33) with 16 clean sheets, and conceded just 6 in 12 CL games, keeping 8 clean sheets. Pepe played in 26 of the league games, conceding 23 goals whilst keeping 10 clean sheets. He played in 8 of the CL games, conceding 5 whilst keeping 4 clean sheets. His disciplinary record however had gone to 10 yellows and 2 reds.

In 2011/12 in Real's 100pt season they conceded 32 with 14 clean sheets. In the CL they conceded 9 in 12 with 6 clean sheets. Pepe played in 29 of the league games, conceding 24 with 11 clean sheets and 9 of the European games, conceding 7 and keeping 5 clean sheets. His disciplinary record was 15 yellows and 1 red.

Last season Real conceded 42 goals with 11 clean sheets. In the CL they conceded 18 in 12 games with 2 clean sheets. Pepe played in 28 league games, conceding 26 goals with 8 clean sheets and 11 of the European games, conceding 16 with 2 clean sheets. His disciplinary record was 9 yellow cards.

His disciplinary record could well be put down to Mourinho's man management style but the facts say that when he plays in the league Madrid concede 0.91 goals per game, without him they concede 1 per game, he is also involved in 58% of the clean sheets. In the CL with him they concede 0.94 per game compared to again 1 per game without. In the CL he is involved with 72.2% of the clean sheets.

I certainly think the disciplinary stats tell you that Mourinho's management style so famed at Chelsea to get his players bitching and whining has a lot to do with Pepe's famed disciplinary record, under Pelle he certainly behaved himself.

43 yellows & 3 reds... I can live with that tbh. It's not the yellows that worry me, if a defender doesn't pick up yellows he isn't doing his job! & 3 reds is fuck all IMHO.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
MadchesterCity said:
Can someone provide his shot conversion rate please?

Last Season(goals/shots on target/total shots):

Negredo: 32/58/158.
Dzeko: 25/70/152.
Aguero: 20/58/120.
Tevez: 17/53/130.

Last 3 Seasons:

Aguero: 84/194/423.
Negredo: 76/140/362.
Dzeko: 66/177/423.
Tevez: 49/141/333.

Negredo: 21%.
Aguero: 19.9%.
Dzeko: 15.6%.
Tevez: 14.7%.

% of Shots on Target:

Aguero: 45.9%.
Tevez: 42.3%.
Dzeko: 41.8%.
Negredo: 38.7%.

Funny that bar % of shots on target that Džeko has better stats than Tevez yet he gets a shit load of grief.

Is this accurate?

Note Negredo was higher for shots off target.

Problem here is he doesn't score consistently but the scout should know more than me

LoveCity said:
The_Mo said:
I remember watching an El Clasico match and Messi booted the ball out with anger because he couldnt get past PEPE! Pepe then put his fingers to his forehead as if to say 'you feeling allright son?!'

Yeah. Pepe is a better footballer than Lescott could ever dream of being. Bluemooners are very stubborn... when we have a **** in our team, he's "our ****" but when we want to sign a **** we should avoid like the plague, even when he's a quality footballer. Kompany/Nasty/Pepe would be three awesome options to have. Pepe would start every Champions League game, IMO, until Nasty is more experienced. Nasty would play many league games.

It doesn't actually matter how good a footballer he is, provided he's not somebody who gives the ball away all the time.

If we are going to have loads of players attacking, in the Premier League, then behind them we need defenders. Pepe, as with Lescott & Vinny when he takes the feather out of his arse, is a proper defender.

Nastasic isn't, he's a promising kid, trying to learn how to become one.

Pepe or someone similar, would be a great signing for City.

Negredo (seeing as it is his thread) would be a decent signing as would several others we have been linked with.

not my fault! said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

43 yellows & 3 reds... I can live with that tbh. It's not the yellows that worry me, if a defender doesn't pick up yellows he isn't doing his job! & 3 reds is fuck all IMHO.

It's the media I worry about, overnight he'll become the next Balo and be sent off at least 3 times next season for doing fuck all apart from not wear a rag shirt and have played for dirty Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.