MadchesterCity said:
% of Shots on Target becoming goals:

Negredo: 54.3%
Aguero: 43.3%.
Dzeko: 37.3%.
Tevez: 34.8%.

% of Total Shots becoming goals:
Is this accurate?

Note Negredo was higher for shots off target.

Problem here is he doesn't score consistently but the scout should know more than me

He doesn't hit the target as often but when he does he finds the net more often than not, and on balance it means he's more clinical than either Dzeko or Tevez, at least in the last 3 seasons, and yes they're accurate.

And by anyone's book in a top league he scores consistently, especially for a team that has no hope of ever doing more than challenging for 4th, and last season flopped completely. He also had to fight off (and successfully did so) both Kanoute and Luis Fabiano and outscored them in the period all 3 were there, he made himself #1 at Sevilla and last season reaped the rewards of his development.

Nastasic could well become one of the best CB's in Europe but 3 quality CB's is absolutely minimum. Nastasic and Kompany both missed significant time last season.

the other thing to consider with Pepe is that if Pelle trusts him, which seems likely from the interest, then his experience is something that is worth the extra money we would pay for him.

Vinnie has taught Nasty so much, but there's only so much Vinnie has learnt himself, especially in terms of European experience. Pepe comes in and in big games Vinnie feeds off him and goes from a £30m CB to a £50m+ CB with the experience he gains and the success that follows. Then when it comes to blooding Nastasic in league matches Vinnie can pass on the extra experience he's gaining off Pepe in big games that then allows Vinnie to assume Pepe's role and Nastasic Vinnie's, thus you create a cycle where the younger CB is always stepping in with an experienced and world class CB partner to guide him along so it's much more effective when you're blooding in younger talent.

Vinnie needs a partner who's been to the latter stages and knows how to cope in CL environment and Pepe needs a reliable and world class CB partner and not a Ramos who likes to go walkies and get himself into trouble, he also needs a manager who will let him concentrate on playing his game rather than the bravado and be a thug mentality that Jose evidently brought into his game. To me it can actually be seen as a win-win deal.

Andouble said:
Nastasic could well become one of the best CB's in Europe but 3 quality CB's is absolutely minimum. Nastasic and Kompany both missed significant time last season.
I agree with this.

Although I fucking despise Pepe. I'll get behind any new signing and any City team though, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.