Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem with Pepe is his age. He is 30. As a defender, he's pretty much going to go downhill. In some cases, 30 is the peak as seen with Dante but for most e.g Kolo Toure its downhill. In the case that he goes downhill, who will want to buy a player of his age past his peak? We'll probably have to settle for one of those Italian deals where they offer us monthly instalments of Kit-Kats with a sell on clause of 2%

Sorry for posting in the Negredo thread so I will stick in my 2 cent ; He's a good player.

itisrising said:
The main problem with Pepe is his age. He is 30. As a defender, he's pretty much going to go downhill. In some cases, 30 is the peak as seen with Dante but for most e.g Kolo Toure its downhill. In the case that he goes downhill, who will want to buy a player of his age past his peak? We'll probably have to settle for one of those Italian deals where they offer us monthly instalments of Kit-Kats with a sell on clause of 2%

Sorry for posting in the Negredo thread so I will stick in my 2 cent ; He's a good player.
IMO pepe has a few years left, he's still a very mobile defender

No Ham In Manchester said:
itisrising said:

Wonderful.

Please feel free to tell us more about his mobility in the 'Pepe' thread.

Ta.

FantasyIreland said:
No Ham In Manchester said:
itisrising said:

Wonderful.

Please feel free to tell us more about his mobility in the 'Pepe' thread.

Ta.

Sorry I didn't realize I was the first person to mention him on here, Negredo would be a magnificent signing and would improve the current squad a great deal, as would pepe

Not knocking Negredo but Negredo is categorically not better than Dzeko. Far too many Dzeko haters around. Next season given the chance to play he'll be the leagues top scorer imo.

Think some people are also letting Pepe's thuggery cloud their judgement on him. He's a fantastic defender, one of the best around. having said that, i wouldn't pay the £20 million quoted for him.His age being the major factor.

ninjamonkey said:
Not knocking Negredo but Negredo is categorically not better than Dzeko. Far too many Dzeko haters around. Next season given the chance to play he'll be the leagues top scorer imo.

Negredo has a bit more about him,he's more aggressive and 'up for it'.

More often than not,defenders get far too easy a ride when Dzeko is on the pitch,given his physique,he should be leaving a bit more of an impression.

FantasyIreland said:
ninjamonkey said:

Negredo has a bit more about him,he's more aggressive and 'up for it'.

More often than not,defenders get far too easy a ride when Dzeko is on the pitch,given his physique,he should be leaving a bit more of an impression.

Agreed. You don't often see Dzeko willing to go shoulder-to-shoulder with defenders. Negredo doesn't shy away from that. I'd have them both.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8805985/Transfer-news-Manchester-City-in-talks-with-Sevilla-striker-Alvaro-Negredo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ro-Negredo</a>

Sky Sports Understands ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.