Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start by saying I don't know a thing about Negredo.

However one thing that makes me somewhat optimistic is simply that At. Madrid went straight after him after losing Falcao. I hear they have good scouts.

Fingers crossed eh.

MCFC-alan88 said:
The most important stat regarding strikers, is goals. After that you look at Appearances made, that'll give you a nuance of any problems he may have had.

Very simplistic. Stats themselves only have meaning within a context. For example, goal stats mean little if the individual in question has been playing as a midfielder for most of, let's say, the season. You could also have a striker who needs to play with a partner to be effective but spent the previous season playing upfront on his own for the last season. A striker may score 30 a season, but if 27 are penalties..... I could go on.

1dart said:
Its hard to predict how any of our new signings will do this season with the change in philosophy/style. None of us know for sure how we will line up. I actually think with the change in tactics that some of our existing players are going to be like new signings i.e. Silva, Nasri, Dzeko. The qualities that Negredo will offer may just be be the perfect catalyst for the new style to gel.

I hope everyone reads this post as it says it all.. Tix and Soz know what theyre doing..

We will be a totally different City this season..

some on here seem to forget the goals muchu scored last ,and he only cost 2 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( now after one season he is talked of in the 20 million bracket)

if our summer ended with navas,fernandinho and negredo, id be delighted, just think what last summer was like

Damien10 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
Damien10 said:
Now, take it easy on me but...

I can't believe City are linked with this guy for 24 million, Dzeko is by far the better player when compared to Negredo, and even he divides opinion right?
In the end when you look at it, it's a very disappointing transfer that doesn't improve the squad in any way.

1. Picking numbers out of thin air just makes you appear stupid.

2. A player that scored more goals in two years than Balotelli and Tevez combined, is most definitely an improvement.

3. One and two combined makes you an idiot.

1. They are the figures reported.

2. Looking at a players goals from his past is no way to judge a football player. Tevez and Balotelli might of scored less in the last two years but they are far superior football players.

3. You'r opinion

Mario and Tevez maybe superior footballers, but at the end of the day, putting the ball in the back of the net is what wins games, not intelligent pieces of play. If Negrado scores 25 for us next season, along with similar tallies from our other strikers, then that will go a long way to winning the title, common sense, that a player who has played regularly with Navas, will slip into a team easier than one who hasn't, plus Navas has played regularly with Silva for Spain.
From what I've seen of Negrado, he seems very capable, and if Pellegrini thinks he's the piece missing in our attacking jigsaw puzzle,mother I'm not to put my football management skills up as being superior to that of Pellegrini's!

On the subject of goalscorers putting away chances. Can anybody remember Gomez against Chelsea in the Champions League final, that guy couldn't score in a brothel that day.

He'd do a job I think, knows where the net is. I hope the 25m+ fees being banded about are BS though. Around the Navas fee and we're sorted imo.

I guess the main thing that bothers me is that he could have been a Hull City player.... under Phil Brown...... jeesh.

At least he doesn't have to carry that permanent scar but I expect the words "we've accepted a bid from Hull City" still give him nightmares.

Damien10 said:
On the subject of goalscorers putting away chances. Can anybody remember Gomez against Chelsea in the Champions League final, that guy couldn't score in a brothel that day.

The same player who scored two against City in the group stages........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.