“City have no history”

Our 1937-38 season on it's own is enough to make me love City's history. We became the only reigning champions to be relegated. In doing so we scored 80 goals and conceded 77. Incredibly those 80 goals made us the top scorers in the division and our plus 3 goals difference means we are the only team to be relegated with a positive goal difference.

I’ve been trying for years but it’s time consuming, frustrating and costly. No one’s that bothered and my social media platform is considerably smaller than many other City related people. It’s difficult and people don‘t want to hear it sadly. I deal in facts but whether it’s rival fans or those with large followings it is clear that people enjoy hearing that City have no fans. Many pander to that simply to get bigger followings. We all know of ‘shock’ twitter accounts or broadcasters who like to wind others up.

I‘ll keep plugging away with www.GJFootballArchive.com trying to publish the facts not the fiction but people just don’t listen or aren’t interested sadly.

You do a great job informing anyone who's interested and I don't think it's fair for people to ask you for more. As you say, it's symptomatic of the modern world that so many people aren't interested these days in what's true; instead they seek out information, no matter with what shoddiness and maladroit ineptitude it's been compiled, to back up their fervently uneducated partisanship. And we see this in all fields now, not just with regard to sport.

However, it's unduly prevalent among the modern breed of bantz-loving football fans. Meanwhile, the sports media, with its marked lack of principled values, largely seeks to pander to rather than educate the know-nothing, intellectually torpid herd. Only morons would attempt to mount a serious argument that City have no history or lack fans, yet these narratives prevail in many quarters across the twin cesspits not only of social media but also the press.

For what it's worth, I've always - in the pre-ADUG era and today - taken immense pride in our past. We may not have been as illustrious a club down the years as some based purely on the narrow criterion of major trophies won, but our story is one that's as rich and fascinating as it gets. I firmly believe that we can legitimately claim it's at least a match on that score for any club in the land, and that's something to be celebrated.

The morons occasionally get to me, but by and large I can successfully ignore them. After all, those of us who know (and who really need to know), know.

PS - For those who aren't familiar with Gary's site (linked to in the post quoted above) but who are interested in becoming better acquainted with what gives our beguiling club a character like no other, it's a resource that's essential reading.

Our 1937-38 season on it's own is enough to make me love City's history. We became the only reigning champions to be relegated. In doing so we scored 80 goals and conceded 77. Incredibly those 80 goals made us the top scorers in the division and our plus 3 goals difference means we are the only team to be relegated with a positive goal difference.
During that season we also went to Germany to play a tour against German league XIs in different cities.

We refused to “Heil Hitler”/salute at the start of every game.

Kill this thread off - or I’m sending Franny round!

Quite possibly one of City's greatest ever players - just a few years before my time but my older brother's fave player. And..interestingly he still regards him as being the best...so many great clips, thanks for the montage and great tune. Imagine Pep managing Frannie

Quite possibly one of City's greatest ever players - just a few years before my time but my older brother's fave player. And..interestingly he still regards him as being the best...so many great clips, thanks for the montage and great tune. Imagine Pep managing Frannie
Love Franny as he has a similar stature to me but think Pep may choose Haaland

I wish that I couldn't remember our history from 94-99'!

That was a challenge being the only blue in my year at Hope High in Salford!

My Dad was a red, my big brother was a blue, I was undecided. This was late 60s. Both now sadly gone..

Francis Lee made my decision. I fucking loved watching him play. Something about the way he ran at defenses and they shit themselves. He was a goal machine, very tough player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.