“City have no history”

My mrs is a southerner ..and first went to liverpool with me for the 0 0 mahrez pen.. the City scarred her
.. 'what a dump' was her genuine reaction. And she wanted. To like it......not a patch on Manchester.......this myth of it being a great City...is a souless shit hole
The city is far from a shithole and has less litter, graffiti and homeless than Manchester. The streets around the Georgian quarter are stunning. The problem with Liverpool is Liverpool fans.

In recent years (when I can be bothered engaging with no-marks who support other clubs, especially the Red Filth and the Scouse Filth) my retort to the 'No 'Istree, City..' thing is quite straightforward:

'See all those trophies City has won down the years? Also, see all those trophies won by your and other clubs over the years too? Well, put them all together and their worth still wouldn't be 1000th of the fact that in 1937, in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, English champions Manchester City refused to do the Nazi salute prior to the preliminaries of the game against a German Select XI.. unlike the craven FA which a year later in 1938 ordered the English team to comply with the salute before playing Germany.

Standing up to Fascist racists.. now THAT'S what I call f**king history..'

The city is far from a shithole and has less litter, graffiti and homeless than Manchester. The streets around the Georgian quarter are stunning. The problem with Liverpool is Liverpool fans.
Its souless .in my opinion...feels desolate. Georgian single street aside... i also feelthe PR machine has affected how normal behave..constantly trying to get acknowledgement that its a 'great city' i just think its not a patch on other Port Cities....overrayed.Manvhesters graffiti is an improvement..both commisdioned and non comm

What people are basically saying when they come out with the no history line is 'when I was choosing which successful club I was going to support in the 1980's/1990's City weren't very good so I didn't pick them'.
That is exactly it.. bet in the early 60's late 50's not many outdide the L post codes

Its souless .in my opinion...feels desolate. Georgian single street aside... i also feelthe PR machine has affected how normal behave..constantly trying to get acknowledgement that its a 'great city' i just think its not a patch on other Port Cities....overrayed.Manvhesters graffiti is an improvement..both commisdioned and non comm
Can’t agree mate. Don’t mind the commissioned stuff like the Curtis one etc but if you think the side of Gullivers, for example, is an improvement then I’m out of touch!! There’s a lovely small piece of art work on Lever Street ruined by vandals tagging their names on it. It’s not for me.

Since when did history have to mean success? Every club has unique events, matches etc. which become part of the club's character and so history.

I love the some of the things about City like that we used to have the tallest floodlights, that we had three players scoring hat-tricks in one match, that Niall Quinn scored and saved a penalty in the same game. These might not register as "history" to the red clubs but they are examples of what make the club special to me.

Every genuine fan of any club big or small will have similar memories - every club has history and only morons would contend otherwise

Here you go. You think this is an improvement?

Attachments

• 2762E87E-5DF9-4AD1-9932-FC99243A62DB.jpeg
    2762E87E-5DF9-4AD1-9932-FC99243A62DB.jpeg
    949.8 KB · Views: 111

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.