“City have no history”

The concept of no history is the most ridiculous comment I hear about City..Every single club has a history..what the twats in scouseland and ragland are saying are we have not won as many trophies..OK fair enough, but we are catching up..there are fans who turn up week in week out to support teams in the lower divisions who have won nothing,ever..do they have a history,indeed they do.History is not just about trophies. We are lucky to support a great club, a club that over the last 10 years or so has brought us much joy. Our history started in 1894. 128 years of history.

The concept of no history is the most ridiculous comment I hear about City..Every single club has a history..what the twats in scouseland and ragland are saying are we have not won as many trophies..OK fair enough, but we are catching up..there are fans who turn up week in week out to support teams in the lower divisions who have won nothing,ever..do they have a history,indeed they do.History is not just about trophies. We are lucky to support a great club, a club that over the last 10 years or so has brought us much joy. Our history started in 1894. 128 years of history.

Well said, and absolutely right.
The four professional divisions of clubs are, I believe, unique in the world. Most if not all other leagues start to become semi-professional from the third tier and beyond.
Some clubs have never risen about the fourth tier. Some have been out of the league, some back in again after a brief period out. Some never make it back in. When I was a kid, and first getting into football, I remember one of the most shocking things I saw was the photos of Bradford Park Avenue's ground, with weeds growing on crumbling terraces, and rusting stanchions. It hadn't occurred to me that a club, once formed, with its own stadium, could die (as it happens, they didn't). A club, once formed, was eternal. The notion of one simply going out of existence seemed to be a breach in nature.
That's history. Trophies, honours, are only part of it. This is something that the red scousers and that lot from across the city just don't get.
City could never win another trophy again but they would still be my club, from the age of thirteen onwards till today. As they are from generation to generation, father to son and mother to daughter.
As nowhere else that I've come across in the world, English and Scottish football clubs are part of the fabric of the surrounding community. If they're not that, then they're nothing worth bothering with.
I'm going to admit something very weird. Got a very good mate, Burnley supporter for life. Salt of the earth, much younger than me, but he knows his football history inside out. Because Burnley have been right up and down the four divisions, he's got a far better knowledge of England's football grounds, because he's followed them everywhere and he's been to all sorts of weird and wonderful places. Also has a knowledge of the best pubs in those places, because he makes it a point with his dad of visiting the pubs with the best ale wherever they go. I'm a little bit jealous of him for all that.
There is still a great book on the social history of association football from the 1860s or so onwards to be written. It would be a history of the late industrial revolution, a history of the working man (and woman), a history of England through a certain prism.

Had a message from a red scouse friend ofmine who said “i drove past that shit hole of a stadium of yours the place with history”

What is it with these idiots, every week we are making history!

I replied you do realise we don’t play at Maine Rd anymore and talking of history Evertons home ground was Anfield before your lot even existed!
This is a problem

One of the reasons why Manchester has a lot of rough sleepers is because it’s so busy and for folk who are begging there’s loads of people passing who will give them change. Many come from other parts of the country for that reason. It’s weird but it’s actually a sign of a magnet effect, and Liverpool doesn’t have the same buzz or the same draw. In terms of footfall and dynamism I’d say it’s a bit above Sheffield and Leeds but miles behind us. They do have some great buildings and I do like their attitude at times, but compared to Mcr they are quite insular, parochial, and in parts of the city quite racist. I have had many good times there but they are living off past glories as a city. Just like their team!

Not sure about the draw being better in Manchester but the Spice definitely is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.