1/09/08 A special day.

Actually come to think of it, who the the blue on here who had it sussed before any of us knew anything? All he said prior to it is 'something is in the offing' or of that ilk??

What I remember is that it didn't come 'out of the blue' completely. It was rumoured for a short period of time before it happened. Wasn't that the summer when we supposedly put our entire team up for sale when thaksin's money was frozen? When Ireland was phoned in the Trafford,centre to,turn up at the ground because he'd been sold to Sunderland? But amidst the rumours we started signing players like SWP, giving the rumour great credence.

I can remember the takeover being formallybroken by Arabian Business news or something and someone i trusted on here, amidst all the mass confusion amongst our fans, saying ' this guy is the Donald Trump of the Middle East. This is the real thing'.

I also remember that the MEN ran the story straight from the Arabian source, minutes after it broke, then pulled it, putting us all in doubt, but by mid morning the story had gone nuclear.

BlueTG said:
Actually come to think of it, who the the blue on here who had it sussed before any of us knew anything? All he said prior to it is 'something is in the offing' or of that ilk??
The guy who posted it was marco .... he rubbed his balls!
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83909&p=1237215&hilit=somethings+going+on#p1237222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83909&p=1237215&hilit=somethings+going+on#p1237222</a>
we aint going to be disapointed!

Pigeonho said:
I had my pessimistic head on as soon as it was announced. 'They'll find something that stops them during due diligence', I thought. 'Too good to be true', I thought. Then pace gathered about Berbatov. Hughes was pictured with a big fucking grin on his face as if he knew what was going on. Then it became more and more real and talksport started talking about how serious the takeover was, who Mansour was and how this won't be a flash-in-the-pan kind of ownership. All that was enough to keep me buzzing, but had fuck all in comparison to what happened from 10pm onwards.

Never in a million years did I think we would ever become the club we are now.

I could not agree more .

I was working in Liverpool (how poetic !! ) and on my return home each evening

i was transfixed how the story was unfolding on Sky Sports News .

Every day there was more exciting news .

On another thread somebody said "they are amazed how far City have gone".

Well in all honesty i could never imagine that where we are know and where we are going was a place that existed .

To me we are not even in the same world we started from 5/6 years ago .

My memory of the day was being on a site next to the vine and city arms pub
and my brother a red phoned me and said hes watching sky at home and you're not gonna believe this but city are the richest club in the world and are going nuts with the transfers including Berbatov. He was gutted but found it all funny as fuck that City were shaking the word about.
The lad I was working with was/is a bitter red who never goes but makes out he's a top red flipped out .'fuck off we've been after him all summer you cant do that' proper seen his arse over it. All the blues on site and in fairness most of the reds just laughed at him and we were all in shock no work got done.
I got home and was glued to Sky news all night which didnt impress the missus it was like christmas and lotto win all in one
I was watching sky and switching between here and bluewatch it was all madness.
When it broke that Fergie had nabbed Berbatov and how City hadnt complained and Hughes didnt seem arsed I new something big was coming. My mate phoned me moaning how bacon face poached our man I said calmly 'Dont worry John something big is happening you can tell as city havent done owt about Berba.'
He asked who do I think and I was convinced it would be someone like Henry coming back from Barca
Then Sky sports news about 930 said after the break we have big news on Manchester City
It was Robinho for a British Record fee
'whhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh WHAT THE FUCK ' I screamed ran round the house ran upstairs to the missus in the bedroom 'weve just broke the transfer record we've bought Robinho off Real Madrid'
The blank look on her face was priceless and probably the point where she thought it was best if we went on a break for a bit till I grew up
My red mate phoned up laughing his head off saying how great it was he genuinely was happy.
I think i after going through everyone on my phone book I finally got to bed about 2 went to work the next day did nothing as all we could do was talk about it
It was a shame the Robinho move didnt work out some of the performances he put on at home were the best i've seen from a player in blue but his attitude wasnt right but he did his job in putting us on the footballing map again
And as for the missus and the break we are getting married in 6 weeks so as Martin Tyler said when we won the league and QPR survived
'EVERYONE'S A WINNER'

noely said:
and my brother a red phoned me and said hes watching sky at home and you're not gonna believe this but city are the richest club in the world and are going nuts with the transfers including Berbatov. He was gutted but found it all funny as fuck that City were shaking the word about.
The lad I was working with was/is a bitter red who never goes but makes out he's a top red flipped out .'fuck off we've been after him all summer you cant do that' proper seen his arse over it. All the blues on site and in fairness most of the reds just laughed at him and we were all in shock no work got done.
I got home and was glued to Sky news all night which didnt impress the missus it was like christmas and lotto win all in one
When it broke that Fergie had nabbed Berbatov and how City hadnt complained and Hughes didnt seem arsed I new something big was coming. My mate phoned me moaning how bacon face poached our man I said calmly 'Dont worry John something big is happening you can tell as city havent done owt about Berba.'
He asked who do I think and I was convinced it would be someone like Henry coming back from Barca
Then Sky sports news about 930 said after the break we have big news on Manchester City
'whhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh WHAT THE FUCK ' I screamed ran round the house ran upstairs to the missus in the bedroom 'weve just broke the transfer record we've bought Robinho off Real Madrid'
The blank look on her face was priceless and probably the point where she thought it was best if we went on a break for a bit till I grew up
My red mate phoned up laughing his head off saying how great it was he genuinely was happy.
I think i after going through everyone on my phone book I finally got to bed about 2 went to work the next day did nothing as all we could do was talk about it
It was a shame the Robinho move didnt work out some of the performances he put on at home were the best i've seen from a player in blue but his attitude wasnt right but he did his job in putting us on the footballing map again
And as for the missus and the break we are getting married in 6 weeks so as Martin Tyler said when we won the league and QPR survived
'EVERYONE'S A WINNER'

Great post, sums up that unbelievable day really well. Good luck to you and your bride to be, I assume the big day isn't planned for a day City play?

blueste41 said:
noely said:
'EVERYONE'S A WINNER'

Great post, sums up that unbelievable day really well. Good luck to you and your bride to be, I assume the big day isn't planned for a day City play?

Thanks we play Villa away which I can deal with missing I was dreading the fixtures coming out as I was convinced it was going to the derby on the same day and half my family are reds and half are blues .
Luckily its the week before when it was announced I got loads of texts saying you lucky sod etc
My missus thinks they are jokey texts ...if only she really knew

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sorted. I had driven down to Northampton, where I was working at the time. Got there around 9am and not a whisper. Went into a 2 hour meeting at 10am and we were waiting for someone else (name of Paul) to come in. The Project Manager asked if Paul was coming and someone said "I doubt it. He's just found out his team have been taken over by Arab billionaires!".

So I asked "Who does he support?" and the reply came back "Manchester City". "What! Did you say the City have been taken over by Arab billionaires?" said I. "Yes, They're all talking about it out there and no one is working. Why do you ask?"

That was the longest two hours of my life.

In the pub with the lads I was staying with that night and all you could hear was people talking about City. It was awesome.

And some of 'em were laughing! They're not laughing now!

Remember following the day on the BBC website at work.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7590492.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7590492.stm</a>

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
BlueTG said:
The guy who posted it was marco .... he rubbed his balls!
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83909&p=1237215&hilit=somethings+going+on#p1237222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83909&p=1237215&hilit=somethings+going+on#p1237222</a>
we aint going to be disapointed!
That's the one, I hope he's proud of that ITK genius, I know I would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.