1-6 Or 3-2 ?

BringBackSwales said:
salfordblues said:
I think the Derby if you're asking about the whole of the match. We were winning all the way through and it was a pleasure to watch. Contrast this with the poor performance for 91 minutes at home to QPR and there's no contest.

However, if you're talking about one moment from each game then then 3-2 takes it all day long.

by the way, was that performance v qpr really THAT bad? I think we had 85% posession and something like 35 attempts on goal? Yeah we were not as slick as we could have been, and I agree nothing like as good as at the swamp

I know we didnt play bad against QPR. We just made a number of uncharacteristic mistakes at crucial moments.

The 6-1 is not even comparable to the 3-2. We won a championship on the basis of the final game. Beating United will mean very little over the coming years

ellibb said:
The 1-6 was just a league game (whether you meant utd or Norwich it's the same), the 3-2 had a trophy on the outcome.

I don't know if I would say the utd 1-6 and Norwich were the same. The utd 1-6 was a big part in giving City the goal differential that won the league. Everyone at the time said winning by 5 goals or winning by 1 was all the same, but now we know it wasn't.

If you were at the 6-1 then you'd understand it better but they were completely different. The feeling for me and my mates 18-25 years old was that our generation now has its own 5-1, it's own humiliation of united. On the day I thought this couldn't be topped and still feel the same.

The title win is different but after wembley last year the thought of never being able to see city win a trophy has gone.

The best way to sum it up is that once the money came in 2008 it was pretty clear we would one day soon start winning trophies. Winning 6-1 at old Trafford was never on the cards, it's a once in a lifetime result.

So the 6-1 wins for me

And franksinatra you couldn't be more wrong. Winning 6-1 will mean everything for a long time to come just like the 5-1 does for my dads generation.

Your comments are clearly spoken by someone who wasn't there

1-6 for me. We could only choke against QPR and to be honest I felt as much relief as joy. 1-6 felt better, every positive emotion was flowing that day.

Only slightly disappointed it wasn't 10 ;)

Blue Haze said:
1-6 for me. We could only choke against QPR and to be honest I felt as much relief as joy. 1-6 felt better, every positive emotion was flowing that day.

Only slightly disappointed it wasn't 10 ;)

it should have been!

The 3-2. Far far more significant.

if it had been 2-2, the 1-6 would have been meaningless even an embarrassment to us

GresleyChris said:
And franksinatra you couldn't be more wrong. Winning 6-1 will mean everything for a long time to come just like the 5-1 does for my dads generation.

Your comments are clearly spoken by someone who wasn't there

Your right pal I wasnt there. Seen us win plenty of derbies and I was the 5-1 generation and yet them games mean far less to me than Charlton, Gillingham, Blackburn, QPR, Stoke etc. The biggest derby was beating United in the semi, because it put us in touching distance of a trophy.

I can understand fans saying they enjoyed the 6-1 more
as the QPR game was full of tension. But beating United doesnt even register in comparison to the huge events which have shaped City's recent history. To me I cant understand the suggestion that beating United felt better than City winning the league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.