1 or 2 Quality strikers needed ?

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
From the strikers floating about at the minute I would have any of: Higuain, Benteke, Jackson Martinez, Villa. Probably in that order, would be a toss up between Benteke and Martinez. Wouldn't want to spend more than 25 mill on any of them though.

It ain't your money, so who cares how much any of them cost as long as they bang in some goals?

Out of that lot I'd take benteke, looked very good last year, higuan on his way to le arse,

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
From the strikers floating about at the minute I would have any of: Higuain, Benteke, Jackson Martinez, Villa. Probably in that order, would be a toss up between Benteke and Martinez. Wouldn't want to spend more than 25 mill on any of them though.

It ain't your money, so who cares how much any of them cost as long as they bang in some goals?

Out of that lot I'd take benteke, looked very good last year, higuan on his way to le arse,

It aint my money, but every time City go in for a player it seems to add £10/15 mill to there market value. I'm just looking forward to the day when aren't seen as a soft touch. We are on course to eradicating this problem. Who out of the players above would you be happy paying over £25 mill for? I would go to 30 possibly for Higuain if it meant gazumping Arsenal.

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:

It aint my money, but every time City go in for a player it seems to add £10/15 mill to there market value. I'm just looking forward to the day when aren't seen as a soft touch. We are on course to eradicating this problem. Who out of the players above would you be happy paying over £25 mill for? I would go to 30 possibly for Higuain if it meant gazumping Arsenal.[/

Higuain is proven but seems to lack pace which may put pellers off as he seems to favour quick agile footballers, if he decided to go in for any of the names you mention, I don't think I would really care what we ended up paying for them.

Higuain all day long, don't know why we're fucking around for 25mill. Forget spunking loads of money on here today gone tomorrow 1 season wonders. Higuain is class has the CL experience over a significant number of seasons plays well with Aguero and most likely would settle quite quickly

Dizzie said:
I'd go with 1 top class striker and give Guidetti a chance. Although i don't know who that could be..
I totally agree we don't need two more strikers we need one more amazing striker to alongside Agüero (Jovetic) and then just give guidetti more chances.

We had 3 strikers last season and couldn't keep Dzeko happy

THE question is is Dzeko staying? If so, we need one young up and coming striker to support Aguero and Dzeko. Not a star name otherwise there will be unhappy players.

A unified team, and complementary forwards is far more important that a collection of star strikers

I'd like a Lewandowski, or a player of that calibre, but that could only be at the expense of Dzeko

Utd's forward line works because Welbeck and Hernandez can either play deep or are prepared to sit on the bench and start lesser games

Marvin said:

THE question is is Dzeko staying? If so, we need one young up and coming striker to support Aguero and Dzeko. Not a star name otherwise there will be unhappy players.

A unified team, and complementary forwards is far more important that a collection of star strikers

THAT!

We don't need new face/s up front.
Dzeko is so underrated, great player, but he must play more, much more.

I'm convinced about Dzeko's quality but not convinced we can play to his strength and Aguero's strengths

I think there's a fair chance we will sell Dzeko and bring in another top class forward but if Dzeko stays I think we go with what we have

Chelsea have 2 strikers one who is useless

Utd have 3/4 depending on whether you count Rooney as a striker, and Welbeck is also a player who plays quite deep and scored 1 goal last season

Do we have players in the squad who can score goals from midfield and from out wide?

Yaya Yes
Nasri Yes
Silva Should do better
Fernandinho Yes
Milner Yes
Navas Should do so much better with his attributes
Rodwell Yes! He is like a new signing and is our late arriver in the penalty box

If we are going to win the League next season, Aguero is going to have to have a proper season and get 25 League goals. But he's capable of it

Marvin said:

I'd like a Lewandowski, or a player of that calibre, but that could only be at the expense of Dzeko

Utd's forward line works because Welbeck and Hernandez can either play deep or are prepared to sit on the bench and start lesser games

IMO if we go in to the season with only two top dollar strikers then we are asking for trouble. I completely take your point and that why I don't think Tevez AND Mario need replacing but I do think three top strikers is a must.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.