1 Player you think we WILL actually sign

FantasyIreland said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
[If I was him I would not move to us based on Mancini not giving yongsters a chance.

A tad unfair,other than FA cup games(maybe...and that is risky!) when has he had opportunity to blood untried youngsters?

Also,which ones are you talking about? because,unfortunately,none from the EDS really stand out as having the necessary quality.

lets not forget Nasty was 19 when thrown into the cauldron.......

he's had plenty of opporunities, united, barca, Dortmund, Madrid all give there youth a chance to prove themselves, we haven't be it ten minutes here or there or simply on the bench. And in the cups, not even against Barnsley or Leeds even when 4 nil up

players like Suarez and rekiks are good enough, but have not been given th chance to develop look at suso at Liverpool he has and I would say Suarez similar in ability.

Nastastic was alreay a regular in the foirentia side, not like he was an unknown, we could buy varane and he could play- he wouldn't really be giving youth a chance.

Youngsters will always be untested the whole point is to test them a see if they are good enough.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
[If I was him I would not move to us based on Mancini not giving yongsters a chance.

A tad unfair,other than FA cup games(maybe...and that is risky!) when has he had opportunity to blood untried youngsters?

Also,which ones are you talking about? because,unfortunately,none from the EDS really stand out as having the necessary quality.

he's had plenty of opporunities, united, barca, Dortmund, Madrid all give there youth a chance to prove themselves, we haven't be it ten minutes here or there or simply on the bench. And in the cups, not even against Barnsley or Leeds even when 4 nil up

players like Suarez and rekiks are good enough, but have not been given th chance to develop look at suso at Liverpool he has and I would say Suarez similar in ability.

Nastastic was alreay a regular in the foirentia side, not like he was an unknown, we could buy varane and he could play- he wouldn't really be giving youth a chance.

Youngsters will always be untested the whole point is to test them a see if they are good enough.

This season has been a clusterfuck for trying out youngsters though. Can't do it in the league for any meaningful amount of time, and before we knew it we were trailing, and if he's tried any youngsters properly then he'd have rightly been crucified. Knocked out of the league cup way too earlier, that's your usual young proven ground. CL we didn't have a single easy game and needed to get out of the group, again, no room for youngsters. Which has left the FA Cup as our only trophy chance so again, is he going to risk a trophyless season on academy kids?

I think any normal season with a bit more of a tight fight at the top, better run in the cups etc, will see more lads being tested if they're deemed good enough. There's no point throwing them in there for the sake of it though.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Oh yeah, like when they decided to play their young French starlet Pogba rather than bringing back a 35 year old has-been and forcing him out... oh wait.
And choosing their £27m young CB pairing rather than their 31 and 34 year olds, oh yeah.
Not to mention playing the fresh prince rather than buying a rapist for £24m.

When we played in the league cup he gave them a chance, and what happened? They lost to Villa in the first round. He has played Rodwell and Nastasic at practically every opportunity, he has also given Rekik his full debut and Lopes his first professional appearance. As for Razak, I don't think he is good enough TBH and Suarez needs a good loan spell at a Premier League or La Liga side.

kun said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:

Oh yeah, like when they decided to play their young French starlet Pogba rather than bringing back a 35 year old has-been and forcing him out... oh wait.
And choosing their £27m young CB pairing rather than their 31 and 34 year olds, oh yeah.

When we played in the league cup he gave them a chance, and what happened? They lost to Villa in the first round. He has played Rodwell and Nastasic at practically every opportunity, he has also given Rekik his full debut and Lopes his first professional appearance. As for Razak, I don't think he is good enough TBH and Suarez needs a good loan spell at a Premier League or La Liga side.

Good post.
I do think Rekik should have had a few more games though, we have had plenty of Games this Season at Home where the points have been in the bag with a good few minutes left where Mr Mancini could have slipped him in.

rekik wasn't always on the bench for those games if memory serves me correctly

think we'll definitely sign a striker just need to worry about keeping aguero. Madrid are going to make a run at him this summer as they wanna offload Karim and/or Gonzalo

ifiwasarichfan said:
kun said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Good post.
I do think Rekik should have had a few more games though, we have had plenty of Games this Season at Home where the points have been in the bag with a good few minutes left where Mr Mancini could have slipped him in.

I think were Mancini goes wron is not having the odd youngster on the bench more - there are games like Newcastle at home were players like saurez could have come on when the game was won giving silva etc a rest

I think if that Alexis Sanchez guy is available then bearing in mind Mancini wanted him 2 summers ago and the people responsible for taking him to Barca are now in charge of us, well I think it's nailed on. Whether he's any good or not thats a horse of a different colour, but I think we'll sign him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.