10 german bombers song

cyberblue said:
Let us not forget the RAF did shoot the Bombers down because they tried & nearly suceded in flaterning some Major Citys & Killing thousands of innocent people including women & Children.Any way it is OK for the Upper Class to Sing Hitler Has only got one Ball

Don't think that's the point, the Luftwaffe killed c. 50K UK civilians, we killed upto 450K German civilians.
They damaged a number of UK cities, we destroyed almost all of theirs.

There are aspects of the area bombing campaign conducted by RAF Bomber Command that are, at best, questionable - for instance continuing area bombing when navigation had improved to such an extent that point attacks were perfectly feasible and would, almost certainly, have done more to shorten the war.

Probably best not to drag it up. People in glass houses.....

bizzbo said:
oh cmon no way is this comparable to the ****** song

Yes it is. Innocent people died in both events.
As one of our German friends has pointed out, Hamburg's very stadium is built where many died in allied raids. Show some respect. Simple as.

FFS, there are plenty of songs to sing for 'banter' without going down the route of embarrasing our club with trash like this.

woooah sonny jim youre argument was that it is as bad as the runway song because it celebrated the killing of innocents, which i dont believe it does, that's all. I do not condone the singing of this song on thursday!

The problem is that the people promoting this song seem to be placing today's Germany in the same light as Nazi Germany - that is extremely offensive.

And our redneck element should be warned that the Nazi salute is illegal in Germany and anyone doing it is likely to spend a night or two in the cells.

bombaybadboy said:
PC Brigade are fucking joke. Lighten up you miserbale bastards!

13 posts and 9 of them in this thread.

You're fucking embarassing. It's got nothing to do with PC but a thick sun-reading oaf like you will probably never work it out.

It celebrates killing. Ok, so the bomber crews were military, as opposed to 'innocents' as such, but pretty sure they weren't there by choice. Would it be ok for the Germans in Hamburg to be singing about killing Lancaster pilots?

As you say, you aren't one of the ones 'for' singing it, and I apologise for mistaking you for that.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
bizzbo said:
but I am having trouble telling apart people who think we shouldnt be offensive, from those who think that if we just forgot about the past or pretended it never happened, everything would be a lot easier.

Here's a clue:

Not a single person ever to sing that song has done so because they want to instigate historical debate and to ensure that the lessons of history are remembered and acknowledged.

However, every one of them has done so in order to try to offend Germans.

As for the people who find it pathetic, I think they just have a bit more upstairs than to find themselves on the same side of the debate as the 'En-ger-land' plastic chair throwing massive

LOL, that is a great turn of phrase :)

Disturbance said:
bombaybadboy said:
PC Brigade are fucking joke. Lighten up you miserbale bastards!

13 posts and 9 of them in this thread.

You're fucking embarassing. It's got nothing to do with PC but a thick sun-reading oaf like you will probably never work it out.
I've only just joined bluemoan u prick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.