10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
the two players you’ve mentioned. Ones about the retire and is a Dm.

gundogan is the most likely player he will replace. Unless you saying pep never changes a players position?
If Jack grealish was brought in to replace gundogan then the transfer makes even less sense to me than it did before. You can find many a centre midfielder better than grealish for less than 100million. And someone who actually plays centre mid for a start.

It’s not an over reaction when we spent 100mill+ and know what he is capable of. He needs to have more confidence to take over a game. He actually even said it himself after like the 2nd game that he needs to be the difference maker. Not ruling him out by no means. I will judge him more next season, however he does need to get involved a lot more.

just because he cost that doesn’t mean he will be the best player every game. He’s played well in most games this season.

I think it is an overreaction, after two average games. City fans did the same with cancelo, stones and plenty of others. Way to early to be writing him off (not saying your doing that)

If Jack grealish was brought in to replace gundogan then the transfer makes even less sense to me than it did before. You can find many a centre midfielder better than grealish for less than 100million.

pep seems to be ok with it. That’ll do for me. Judge him at the end of the season.

as I said above he’s been pretty good in most games

I wasn't that fussed about his signing but it is what it is and the price tag means nothing as long as he improves the squad and helps the team in achieving its goals. He's done ok so far all things considered as its taken some time for new signings to bed into the team and how pep wants them to play, it will be two different worlds from what he's been used to coming from a team where you're afforded creative license to roam around the field and another where its all about positional and tactical discipline.

But if we're being totally honest he's been below average in all of the big games so far against chelsea, psg and liverpool and still has a lot he needs to improve on his game especially when playing against the better sides. It seems all the right back has to do is show him inside and have another player covering(usually a dm) and his game is basically nullified. He will 9 times out of 10 use it and once the option is closed, plays it back to whoever is playing behind him at lb. The rare times he goes on the outside he usually produces nothing.

His biggest weakness to his game by far though is how little he offers off the ball in an attacking sense when the team is building up from the back against a settled team. He will occasionally make a run in transitions during a counter but that's it as far as any movement off the ball goes. This has in turn made him predictable to defend against for the better teams and that has stood out these past few games. I know it's not in his natural game but he's competing against a player is foden who offers as good as him on the ball(more imo) but also much more movement off the ball so needs to improve that side of his game if he's looking to maintain his spot on the left side.
Yawn

to be fair he has influenced quite a few games this season with goals, assists and creating chances
Im judging him extremely harshly as to be world class you have to turn up in these huge games. Look at kdb today played badly still scores, foden scores today and last season at anfield, gundogan so many great goals last season, mahrez was unbelievable last season and has always scored big goals in big games. Grealish needs to add this to his game to get to the next level imo

But before criticizing Jack, let's think a little bit -> what's his position...

So far Pep has played him either as LW or False9, but did he play that in Villa ? Nope

In an ideal situation, Grealish is a LCM or playmaker playing as a number 10 in 4-2-3-1 system, but as the later is too old now and only maybe Jose continues to play that, in Pep`s system he is LCM - no more, no less.

Grealish has amazing "ball retention" skills and can be our second Bernardo.. Actually I think that Bernardo-Grealish duo can be City`s xaviesta but let's not involve my dreams and hope here :D

So, in this formation - I think he will be very good

---------------------Rodri--------------------------
-----Bernardo------------------Grealish----------

So it's not about Jack and his quality, he isn't playing the position - where he does his best.
He is not a winger or a striker FFS, he is a midfielder and does that job pretty well :)

Poor today, but let's wait 6 months to see how good he is or not. He has played some really good matches and he's a starter deservedly.

Reactions: cbl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.