10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish is a good player, but his biggest issue is he only plays on the left - and currently Foden is a must-pick as he is simply devastating there. The skill and often the pace of Sane without the inconsistency. Where does Grealish fit in? Left central midfield? We have Bernardo and Gundogan. Right wing? Not sure if he ever plays there, but would have to displace Jesus and Mahrez. Just not sure where he fits currently.
He will replace Gundo/Bernardo that is why he was brought for

For now he has to play in mid against weaker teams. against stronger teams he needs to sit in the bench until he learns positioning. I completely disagree with anyone who says he does not work hard. there were so many games where he had better defensive stats than even rodri. its more a fitness and positioning issue that is all.
For those that keep saying he needs to be in the middle, why do they think that when he's currently showing he's incapable of putting in the work rate to play wide left or false 9. If he doesn't put in a shift in the false 9 role like yesterday we lose any bite and give all the time and space the opposition CB's want, it hurts us, if he does that in midfield, we flat out lose the game.

There's no chance in hell Pep puts him in the central heart of the side against anybody we are not expected to batter with 10 men whilst he's trotting around off the bal

both have years left !
Bernardo might leave any time now for another team and Gundo has lost his pace completely. Gundo has looked absolutely terrible in midfield this season he has no pace to cover the middle now, he now is someone to play closer to the goal.

No they all have. It's literally the truth. You can't just ignore facts because you have a problem with Grealish. And Grealish would have his own circumstances; being English, older, and coming from within the PL doesn't invalidate those.

There is no attacking player (other than maybe David Silva if he counts) that hit the ground running in their first year under Pep and maintained that level throughout the entire season without any periods where they looked out of sorts.

I'm sorry, but they're not 'facts'. Aguero, KDB, and Sterling in particular had no troubles - they only got better. End of.

Grealish needs to hurry up and prove his worth, or else he'll set sail down the Mahrez path.

I'm sorry, but they're not 'facts'. Aguero, KDB, and Sterling in particular had no troubles - they only got better. End of.
Do you not remember all the problems Aguero had in mid 16/17? Or are you going to tell me 3 goals in 3 months was normal for him?

Do you not remember all the problems Aguero had in mid 16/17? Or are you going to tell me 3 goals in 3 months was normal for him?

16/17? You mean the season where he had his best overall return for us ever?

16/17? You mean the season where he had his best overall return for us ever?
Yes. But the fact he nonetheless had struggles that year proves my point that every attacking player under Pep has had notable difficulties in their first season under Pep. Just like Grealish almost certainly will too.

For now he has to play in mid against weaker teams. against stronger teams he needs to sit in the bench until he learns positioning. I completely disagree with anyone who says he does not work hard. there were so many games where he had better defensive stats than even rodri. its more a fitness and positioning issue that is all.
If that's true with regards to him having better defensive stats than Rodri and I have my doubts about that then that only goes to show how pointless so many of these random stats completely devoid of context really are.

Anybody who watched any of the 3 games this last week could see very very clearly that he wasn't pulling his weight in terms of work rate, he was always the weak link in our press and the out ball for the opposition. Its definitely not a fitness issue because it was him casually trotting around against Psg that lead to their first goal, scored in the 8th minute.

Bernardo might leave any time now for another team and Gundo has lost his pace completely. Gundo has looked absolutely terrible in midfield this season he has no pace to cover the middle now, he now is someone to play closer to the goal.
Gundogan would slot into any elite club in Europe. He's genuinely top class with an incredible work rate that seems to be largely overlooked by many fans.
IMO, our best signing under Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.