10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Pep be playing Grealish so consistently if he wasn't playing well in his eyes?

Could he be doing more? Probably, but any issues at this stage are almost certainly due to inexperience (in this specific team) rather than inability.
Statistically he's actually been very good, but it hasn't translated into end products yet. He has the most key passes per 90 and dribbles per 90 in the team, and unsurprisingly wins the most free kicks too. And by a long way for most of those. And defensively, he's made the 6th most tackles per 90 too. To me, he's an incredibly creative player in a team that's struggling to finish at the moment.

Oh Lord, I give up!

Tell me…WHAT WAS HE BROUGHT HERE FOR?

His tackling? His tracking back? Maybe his corners? His hair band?

He was brought to a club that usually scores goals for fun (and needs outlets to help create those goals) and chip in his fair share. If you think he was brought into an ATTACKING POSITION on this team for ANYTHING other than creative (read: Goals and assists) output, then I’m not sure I can help you.

I'll be glad to explain it to you, first of all for your information being a creative player doesn't mean just scoring goals and giving assist.

Grealish last season at Villa scored 6 goals and had 10 assists in 26 games played , does that sound impressive to you ?
His impressive stats last season were others, 3.1 key paases per game (only Kevin had more in the PL 3.2), 70 chances created from open play (only Bruno Fernandes had more 77 but he also played more games than Jack) , 2.88 chances created from open play per game (best in the PL), 83.3% pass success (better than Kevin , Bruno Fernandes and many other players).
He has great accuracy in passing, he can retain possession , he has a great ability to pick up a pass and create a chance, he is intelligent on AND off the ball, he can dribble past players, he can win you set pieces , penalty kicks, he can carry the ball and create chances , get players on him and free up space for his teammates so on.
He can play up front, he can play as a winger , as an attacking midfielder.
Overall he is a Pep kind of player , that js why we paid 100 mil for him and that is why he has started in every game so far.

So you see theres more to football than goals and assists.

Oh Lord, I give up!

Tell me…WHAT WAS HE BROUGHT HERE FOR?

His tackling? His tracking back? Maybe his corners? His hair band?

He was brought to a club that usually scores goals for fun (and needs outlets to help create those goals) and chip in his fair share. If you think he was brought into an ATTACKING POSITION on this team for ANYTHING other than creative (read: Goals and assists) output, then I’m not sure I can help you.
Haha :) great response

I'll be glad to explain it to you, first of all for your information being a creative player doesn't mean just scoring goals and giving assist.

Grealish last season at Villa scored 6 goals and had 10 assists in 26 games played , does that sound impressive to you ?
His impressive stats last season were others, 3.1 key paases per game (only Kevin had more in the PL 3.2), 70 chances created from open play (only Bruno Fernandes had more 77 but he also played more games than Jack) , 2.88 chances created from open play per game (best in the PL), 83.3% pass success (better than Kevin , Bruno Fernandes and many other players).
He has great accuracy in passing, he can retain possession , he has a great ability to pick up a pass and create a chance, he is intelligent on AND off the ball, he can dribble past players, he can win you set pieces , penalty kicks, he can carry the ball and create chances , get players on him and free up space for his teammates so on.
Overall he is a Pep kind of player , that js why we paid 100 mil for him and that is why he has started in every game so far.

And another good answer :)

Grealish seems to play left wing mostly - same as Sterling.

Grealish drives to the box on the left same as Sterling with a bit more effectiveness.

I like Grealish but so too do I like Sterling - these players both seem very similar to me.

Grealish seems to play left wing mostly - same as Sterling.

Grealish drives to the box on the left same as Sterling with a bit more effectiveness.

I like Grealish but so too do I like Sterling - these players both seem very similar to me.
Not seen him be much more effective at driving into the box and going past defenders in dangerous positions to be honest so far. Obviously a much better technical player and very easy on the eye. Sure he’ll improve as he’s got a lot of ability but not sure put left we’ll see the best of him. Only one real top left sided attacking player at the club and that is Foden.

Tilting at windmills. We know he's a good player. But is he more effective than Sterling or Foden on the left.

Fuck me!

You just tried to school me by using the word “chances” about 10 times!

WTF?

I feel like I’ve forgotten more about football than your stat laden response and circular arguments have convinced me you know!

Ever been in a dressing room with REAL TALK, not the City TV Bullshit?! I grew up in them!

You have a nice weekend figuring out what “chances” in a Villa team and “chances” in a City team means.

You’re super smart at quoting stats, though. Well done!!

Fuck me!

You just tried to school me by using the word “chances” about 10 times!

WTF?

I feel like I’ve forgotten more about football than your stat laden response and circular arguments have convinced me you know!

Ever been in a dressing room with REAL TALK, not the City TV Bullshit?! I grew up in them!

You have a nice weekend figuring out what “chances” in a Villa team and “chances” in a City team means.

You’re super smart at quoting stats, though. Well done!!

He’s not schooling you, he’s providing facts on his performances, why we bought him and why he is playing consistently despite some viewing him as not playing well.

Managers and their top analysts aren’t bothered about assists, it’s a flawed stat that’s only of real use in Fantasy Premier League.

It’s a metric idiots use to discredit David Silva because his assists tally wasn’t as high as say Mesut Ozil but Silva never got those stats as he was creating the chances for other players to assist when all they did was pass it 10 yards sideways unopposed for someone to tap in.

Grealish is the same, he won’t be getting as many goals or assists as what you expect him to as he will be creating the assister and that is what he should be judged on and the numbers in this area (chances created, key passes) show he’s doing that better than anyone in the league at this moment in time which is why he’s in the team week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.