10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love seeing Grealish play for us, I wasn't a fan before he joined us but now I am, I really think he improves us and will only get better.

Than sterling running into people and falling over. The team is far more effective with Grealish in and around the 6 yard box. We don’t lose possession as easily from the wings leaving us less vulnerable to quick counters.

Here you go again. You think Grealish is great which is a good take that most on here share but you back it up with something that just doesn't stack up as per the bolded bit.

In and around the 6 yard box is nose bleed territory for him at the moment. He's had about 5 shots in his entire PL career (including his tap-in goal for us) from inside the 6 yard box and not many more from the big danger area from in between the posts out to the penalty spot.

Again this isn't criticism and I'd put my life on it you'll see him in there taking on more shots/scoring more as he adapts and Pep adapts the system around him and for him.

still think he will be better from the midfield and Foden/sterling in LW cause the thing that sterling has over Grealish is that sterling is a goalscorer I mean he managed to score 31 goals in 19/20 which I don't think Grealish will do anytime soon (not saying it's a bad thing) he is a very talented player but he is not a goal scorer and will need a proper 9 to work with.

Here you go again. You think Grealish is great which is a good take that most on here share but you back it up with something that just doesn't stack up as per the bolded bit.

In and around the 6 yard box is nose bleed territory for him at the moment. He's had about 5 shots in his entire PL career (including his tap-in goal for us) from inside the 6 yard box and not many more from the big danger area from in between the posts out to the penalty spot.

Again this isn't criticism and I'd put my life on it you'll see him in there taking on more shots/scoring more as he adapts and Pep adapts the system around him and for him.
Let me clarify the 6 yard box point. I was comparing 2 players -Sterling & Grealish and how the team performs better both as an attacking and defence unit.

The balance of the team during transitions is better with Jack. Yes he is not scoring but what he brings to the table is a player who can dribble, take player on, calm in possession around the box and most importantly he will pass the ball accurately to another city player.

The turn over of possession with sterling is high compared to Grealish hence why I said we function to a higher standard as a unit.

The goal/chances are not high for either so I agree with the point you make.

simple he should not plaing on the wing against big teams. he should be in the mid or on the bench or false 9 and Foden on the wing. against weaker teams we can put him on the wing when he can get more touches. the thing is you are speaking as if its all Jack's fault things are not better. it is also the fault of the team not playing to his strengths and pep not using him in the correct positions even pep conceded as much in one of his match quotes
KDB and Foden are Citys two best midfielders. Grealish needs to fit in the side arround these two, not the other way round.

KDB and Foden are Citys two best midfielders. Grealish needs to fit in the side arround these two, not the other way round.
Not really, Foden is a winger or False 9 according to Pep. Jack should start with KDB in the midfield teams that press in the midfield.

Play your best players in their best positions.

I think you realise that when you said he should play in the middle against the weaker teams. He just isnt as good as Foden or KDB
Foden has lot more to learn to become a midfielder full time by then all our mids would have aged and both Jack and Foden will be in midfield. For now its better to put Jack in midfield against some teams while Foden stays on the wing or False 9.

Why would you spend 100 million on a player where you have to change the system to suit him . I don't understand why Pep bought him . Pep won't change the system for him and I can't see grealish adapting . So far Pep has tried him as left sided forward. He can't play there because he can't beat his man on the outside to put a cross in . Tried up front cant play there as he can't score goals .

So the only other position to play is in central midfield . Can't play him there as he doesn't have the defensive or positional sense of a midfielder.

The only role Grealish can play is as a free role as a left sided midfielder . To get the best out him you have to allow him the freedom to drift all over the pitch to get on the ball . He is essentially a dribbler or a no 10 . If you don't allow him to roam all over the pitch to find pockets of space he won't be able to get on the ball where he is in a position to take on players .

I notice he was played in his correct position against Tottenham but I can't remember was he given a free role .

Why pep didn't buy a striker instead of him I will never know .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.