10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you see him scoring his share of goals ?
What in your opinion would change to allow him to be a goal threat, because at the moment he isn't.

I think he'd score more if we got a proper left back, he's the guy providing the width on the left, so obviously isn't close to goal.

Also I expect he'll score more when he gets more confident in his place in the team, taking shots on instead of passing.

He's not capable of scoring 30 a season like Sterling, but neither is KDB or Bernardo or Foden.

I think he'd score more if we got a proper left back, he's the guy providing the width on the left, so obviously isn't close to goal.

Also I expect he'll score more when he gets more confident in his place in the team, taking shots on instead of passing.

He's not capable of scoring 30 a season like Sterling, but neither is KDB or Bernardo or Foden.

Obviously during the settling in period his overall contribution to the system is the main thing, and so far that is great.

However he does need to develop the desire and instinct to add goals to his game. It will become an issue over time.
In Foden I do see a player who wants to score, makes decisive runs and takes on shots. Hopefully it is something pep will find a solution to.

I don’t believe anyone was disparaging you, Chicago. Merely stating what’s so evident with our sports media; that being immersed in professional football is no guarantee of any degree of knowledge or insight.

Besides, you never even said if you tracked back.
I did not! ;-)

Nicely done, sir!

Creates so much more space and time for other players. Surprised if people can’t see that.
On pure per 90 numbers, he's far more involved in the buildup than at Villa last season, just not on the end of more which is to be expected. Looks like hes the probably (pre-) pre-assist player Silva was.

Like a lot of our midfielders he needs to, at times, just be a bit more selfish in trying to finish opportunities and to get into the 6 yard box for tap ins. Most of our runners from midfield are looking for the cut back when often they'd be better to continue the run further forwards for the ball across the face of goal. There's not a lot to criticise with Jack. He works hard and creates space and chances for others, the goals and assists will come. It's not like Mahrez who offered very little and didn't seem to connect with the team prior to last season.

On pure per 90 numbers, he's far more involved in the buildup than at Villa last season, just not on the end of more which is to be expected. Looks like hes the probably (pre-) pre-assist player Silva was.

The "pre-assist" player that was most definitely David Silva beats Jack Grealish on everyone of those metrics on a p90 basis - build-up, possession chain, even shots and goals. Silva was an 8.

I don't think it is a strong argument to hide behind the pre, pre assist but I will have a look behind the figures to see if tehre is a case.

As an aside, Grealish has big numbers for Key Passes but his end product with them is poor i.e the quality of goal scoring opportunity as a result of the key pass isn't high.

I looked at Big Chances in the tight games for 0-1 Spurs, 1-0 Leicester, 0-0 Saints 1-0 Chelsea, 0-2 PSG and 2-2 Liverpool. We created in total 15 Opta big chances in those games so you would expect to see Jack in there as one of the main creators. He wasn't and in fact I was very, very surprised he didn't directly create 1 of them.

I'm not criticising him here, I think he will be great when he is fully adapted and Pep has worked his magic. Far too soon at the moment. But so far it is also accurate to say his end product is not great. If he is playing in a front 3 it has to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.