10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you spend 100 million on a player where you have to change the system to suit him . I don't understand why Pep bought him . Pep won't change the system for him and I can't see grealish adapting . So far Pep has tried him as left sided forward. He can't play there because he can't beat his man on the outside to put a cross in . Tried up front cant play there as he can't score goals .

So the only other position to play is in central midfield . Can't play him there as he doesn't have the defensive or positional sense of a midfielder.
This is why Jack came here, to learn form pep positional sense and all that. else why would he be wanting to come here and what is the point of the coaching team?

The only role Grealish can play is as a free role as a left sided midfielder . To get the best out him you have to allow him the freedom to drift all over the pitch to get on the ball . He is essentially a dribbler or a no 10 . If you don't allow him to roam all over the pitch to find pockets of space he won't be able to get on the ball where he is in a position to take on players .

I notice he was played in his correct position against Tottenham but I can't remember was he given a free role .

Why pep didn't buy a striker instead of him I will never know .
not sure you understand or you deliberately wanting to forget? let me say once more. we wanted both a top tier striker and a left winger/ mid who will operate on the left. Striker to fill the hole left by kun and midfielder who will replace a aging Gundo/ leaving Bernardo who can also deputize for KDB or sterling which is all done by Jack.

This is why Jack came here, to learn form pep positional sense and all that. else why would he be wanting to come here and what is the point of the coaching team?

not sure you understand or you deliberately wanting to forget? let me say once more. we wanted both a top tier striker and a left winger/ mid who will operate on the left. Striker to fill the hole left by kun and midfielder who will replace a aging Gundo/ leaving Bernardo who can also deputize for KDB or sterling which is all done by Jack.
If Jack hasn't learned positional sense by 26 then he is never going to learn it.

If Jack hasn't learned positional sense by 26 then he is never going to learn it.
All players learn from experience, it's not age dependent. You may in time gain insight into why City bought him. Great managers get what they consider the best out of players even when fans may not appreciate the manager's viewpoint. As previously mentioned by other posters, City knew Bernardo might leave and age and injuries are against Gundogan and Kevin. Why would City pass up the chance to buy a PL player Pep admires,who is English and has 5/7 of his best years ahead of him at a price that might have risen. I have no doubt if a Kun replacement who was 1. available in July/Aug, 2. at a price within our budget, 3. good enough for City in the medium to long term, 4. wanted to come to City etc., that player would be with us now, as well as, not instead of, Grealish. and hopefully will be soon.

all i can do is laugh at that notion lol. no one is gonna like magic stop learning at 26 haha. besides Jack has not being coached by someone like pep from his teens like foden now. so he never had the chance to learn in the first place.

Last edited:
Foden has lot more to learn to become a midfielder full time by then all our mids would have aged and both Jack and Foden will be in midfield. For now its better to put Jack in midfield against some teams while Foden stays on the wing or False 9.
Regardless of what he has to learn. Foden is already twice the player Grealish is when it comes to opening up defences. Grealish is a good player but Foden is once in a generation, Im pretty sure you realise that.

Regardless of what he has to learn. Foden is already twice the player Grealish is when it comes to opening up defences. Grealish is a good player but Foden is once in a generation, Im pretty sure you realise that.
Foden is twice the player gundo is at opening the defense does that mean gundo is useless as a midfielder? Jack is twice the player foden is at holding the ball in tight spaces does that mean foden is useless?

Foden is twice the player gundo is at opening the defense does that mean gundo is useless as a midfielder? Jack is twice the player foden is at holding the ball in tight spaces does that mean foden is useless?
Grealish is twice the player Foden is at drawing a foul. Thats it im affraid, there is nothing more to his game compared to Foden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.