10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had an okay game but was the weakest of the front 3 again. Anybody else has a few okay games in a row and they're out the side, has to be better with his involvement and output and start being a difference maker. Everybody else is chipping in, even from the bench, I know he got an assist and a good one at that but should have had much more today.

I understand he should be afforded the time others have had to adjust to Pep but those players found themselves out of the side for large portions of their early careers whilst they adjusted. If he is to be a regular starter right now (which he has to be due to his price tag) then he needs to produce right now. We've got the likes of mahrez coming off the bench at the minute and consistently producing, it's hard to justify him being on the bench and Grealish playing when he's doing more in a much shorter amount of time on the pitch.

But you wouldn’t pay £100m for Bernies G/A output alone. You would pay £100m for his all-round game. If Grealish can match that, fantastic, but I don’t think he is that type of player.

A far higher percentage of Grealish's passes are key passes than Bernie's. Grealish is making the most key passes per game on average of anyone in our team so far this season. He and Bernie play different roles and both are doing very well this season.

Today Jack played a key role in two of our goals.

He had an okay game but was the weakest of the front 3 again. Anybody else has a few okay games in a row and they're out the side, has to be better with his involvement and output and start being a difference maker. Everybody else is chipping in, even from the bench, I know he got an assist and a good one at that but should have had much more today.

I understand he should be afforded the time others have had to adjust to Pep but those players found themselves out of the side for large portions of their early careers whilst they adjusted. If he is to be a regular starter right now (which he has to be due to his price tag) then he needs to produce right now. We've got the likes of mahrez coming off the bench at the minute and consistently producing, it's hard to justify him being on the bench and Grealish playing when he's doing more in a much shorter amount of time on the pitch.
completely disagree. Jesus was worse today. Jesus today made a mess of his first chance that was cleared of the line. then his shot that deflected of foden would be saved. in the second half Jesus kept losing every single pass and put us on the back foot. Jesus was today 5/10 today while Jack I will give him 7/10.

What do you think would have happened if Sterling or Jesus was running through for the second goal, I can guarantee they would have fallen on their feet or shot at the keeper, while Jack on the other hand calmly waited and laid it off to Foden that is why he is first choice on the left wing. and if you think mahrez is playing well then he should replace Jesus who plays on his side.

Its incredible that people only see the wrong things that Jack does in the game while never speaking of all the good things he did.

A far higher percentage of Grealish's passes are key passes than Bernie's. Grealish is making the most key passes per game on average of anyone in our team so far this season. He and Bernie play different roles and both are doing very well this season.

Today Jack played a key role in two of our goals.
I don’t disagree with anything you have said. The point I am making relates more to the way footballers are judged these days. You spend £100m on a wide forward and unless he bags 30 goals a season, or provides 20 assists to please the Twitter crowd, he is deemed a waste of money.

If Grealish continues as he has started most City fans will be happy. However, the wider footballing world will only be interested in his G/A output because thats just how attacking footballers are judged these days (wrongly IMO). If he finishes the season with Bernie like G/A numbers, people will say he wasn’t worth £100m, no matter what else he adds to the team.

completely disagree. Jesus was worse today. Jesus today made a mess of his first chance that was cleared of the line. then his shot that deflected of foden would be saved. in the second half Jesus kept losing every single pass and put us on the back foot. Jesus was today 5/10 today while Jack I will give him 7/10.

What do you think would have happened if Sterling or Jesus was running through for the second goal, I can guarantee they would have fallen on their feet or shot at the keeper, while Jack on the other hand calmly waited and laid it off to Foden that is why he is first choice on the left wing. and if you think mahrez is playing well then he should replace Jesus who plays on his side.

Its incredible that people only see the wrong things that Jack does in the game while never speaking of all the good things he did.
It's perfectly fine for you to disagree but if you think jesus was a 5/10 today I have no words. Only Bernardo and foden were better.

How did he make a mess of the first chance when the defender made an unbelievable clearance off the line to prevent a certain goal? he did everything right there it was just seriously unfortunate. If you're going to criticise jesus' shot for the third goal then you can't ignore the fact that Grealish had a piss poor effort immediately before jesus' shot that was far worse and that move started with a great bit of footwork and pass by jesus. And then you've singled him out for losing the ball second half when the entire team were guilty of that, none moreso than Grealish by the way with lamptey nicking the ball ahead of him every single time it went near him once he had come on, to the point where Pep subbed him and got Foden out there instead.

I didn't ignore his role in the second goal, I mentioned it and praised it, in fact, it was pretty much the only specific instance in the game good or bad I actually mentioned. the majority of my post was speaking generally about his performances, no specifics so I've no idea why you are suggesting I'm only speaking of or seeing his negatives.

As I said, he was okay today, he has been okay in his last few games, the issue is, the bar is so high that being just okay for a few games in a row isn't enough in this side for anybody, and whether it's fair on him or not, (and its not) it's probably even less acceptable from our record signing

Nothing outstanding from Jack,but he compliments our style of play and helps us be a better,more cohesive and fluid,11.
He and Phil,in that first half,were showing signs of forming an understanding that is only going to improve and develop - which is a very exciting prospect.

I'd say in respect of his start to his future here.....he's been a solid 7/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.