10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, what you've said is entirely wrong. if Pep has spoken about his midfield having many touches (I don't know that he has) I'm almost certain he means that in the context of passing quickly, making the pitch big, shifting the opponents and tiring them out by constantly passing, the literal opposite of what Grealish typically does when he carries it.

Peps football is all about moving the ball, one thing Pep has definitely spoken about many many times is how he wants the ball to do the work by passing it. he doesn't even have a fondness for players dribbling out wide, he certainly doesn't want it deeper in the central position. I've no idea how after all this time but you've totally misunderstood one of peps core fundamental principles, he talks almost every single interview about moving the ball quickly.
I have watched the interview. he means the opposite of what you say. he means taking a lot of touches and slowing down the play and attracting the opposite midfielder out of position. this is exactly what jack does.

also don't agree with what you say about Jack's game. he does not carry the ball direct like you think. he first plays some one touch passing. attract the opponent player inside by showing him the ball and immediately shifts it outside to get past him. This is exactly how inesta used to carry the ball in pep's barca. would be super useful in our team. its not that pep does not like it, we never had a player like that until jack.

They have if the alternative is Sterling.
but there are other alternatives as well....put foden back in his best position for intense which Grealish is taking up and put Sterling as the false 9 or Bernardo as the false 9 and play Sterling on the right...or dont play sterlingat all and play Mahrez or even Palmer.....

There are numerous alternatives and Grealish is a poor one at present....even int he games we have played well he hasnt exactly shone bright

Another very poor performance from Grealish. This is a player who is good at keeping possession in tight spaces but lacks the pace to leave a man standing.

I know he has good technique but can he be effective for us? I saw him win games for Villa when he used to play for them but he has not done that once for City.
this was one of the arguments over the summer...people said he had pace....id never seen ay sight of it when he played for Villa and not seen any real noteable pace since he joined us....he is now an average fish in a very very large sea

and what position is that?
he need to play in the position like inesta played for pep's barca. and there needs to be a CM like xavi who will be passing the ball and control ling the pace of the game next to him. KDB right now does not fit the team, playing bernardo against bus parking team is a wast but playing further forward is useless as well as he does not have the attacking output. so maybe Jack and Gundo will be a good paring against weaker teams.

no he was our third wort performer behind Laporte and KDB
lol there were so may who were worse today than Jack today like walker who was suspect many times in defense, bernardo I don't remember what he did at all in the game, cancelo absolute waste and Jesus with not much better than Jack. Seems like you have an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.