10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is his role in the side and what hole is he filling that was there last season?

Does he beat defenders? Not often.

Does he play incisive balls into dangerous areas? Again not often.

Does he go it alone and have attempts at goal? Rarer still.

Very strange record buy so far. Too soon to write him off but surely this isn't it.

lol there were so may who were worse today than Jack today like walker who was suspect many times in defense, bernardo I don't remember what he did at all in the game, cancelo absolute waste and Jesus with not much better than Jack. Seems like you have an agenda.
oh the old typical agenda argument...boring

Jesus at least showed fight.....and tried to make things happen as did B.Silva.

Cancello was poor going forward (unusually for him) but overall wasnt that bad.

Seems like you are just a little too defensive of the new golden boy ;-)

revisionist at best regarding sterling.....he has in previous seasons been one of our top scorers..he is more of a goal threat depsite his shit finishing than Grealish is...he is far from useless. He is in a run of bad form though the last one or two games he has improved....still a way to go however...but to say he is useless is just wrong...he can beat a man...which is more than Grealish is doing at present.

That new signing aint a kid, (is he 25/26?) and he has previous prem experience (unlike for instance B. Silva when he came to us who had zero prem experience and was possibly younger as well)..to say he is doing ok shows how average he has been and thats the issue.....we cannt carry average in this team......

Foden is better on the left than Grealish at present and probably a better all around player anyway.

I agree that KDB is well off the pace as well however and presently a much greater concern than Grealish's performance levels
Sterling today is useless. He is out of form for over 18 months! That is not a dip. The committed sterling was a fantastic player for city and I am not disputing that fact.

Grealish has only joined the club. He is playing in a new formation and learning new approach to the game. How many players have come out and said pep retrained their “football brain”. Stones only this week alluded to it again.

Jack is also playing in a team where 2/3 players are either looking out or badly out of form. How can you be concerned by Kev if using the sterling logic?

The hunger and drive is gone for some. The relentless pursuit by pep has had a negative effect on a few players and with no goal scorers the situation has amplified.

It’s no shame to say that 1/2 players have run their course with City. Does it make them bad players…no.

You have some winners like Kompany who only look to the next trophy and you have some players who have reached the top and won a ton of trophies but want to move on to pastures new.

Evolution not revolution is needed and it’s certainly not the lad who only walked through the door a few months ago fault.

Last edited:
He's not a 100 million player, I do not think there is any doubt about that, but yet he is a great player who just had a bad game today. I still think he can contribute to us a lot, and that does not contradict the fact that we could have done better with this money.

oh the old typical agenda argument...boring

Jesus at least showed fight.....and tried to make things happen as did B.Silva.

Cancello was poor going forward (unusually for him) but overall wasnt that bad.

Seems like you are just a little too defensive of the new golden boy ;-)
what absolute shit are you talking about? Jack was one of our best attacking players today. he created all our best chances. Did you watch the match today?

look at the statics below, he created 5 key passes today, no one comes close.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ague-2021-2022-Manchester-City-Crystal-Palace

look below for the stats for our whole season. he has been one of our better players.

just because his manager is playing him in the wrong position and our team has no one to finish the chances does not mean Jack is playing bad.

He's not a 100 million player, I do not think there is any doubt about that, but yet he is a great player who just had a bad game today. I still think he can contribute to us a lot, and that does not contradict the fact that we could have done better with this money.
if you think he had a bad game today. I suggest you to go back and rewatch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.