10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying Pep needs to change his entire system just to fit Grealish in? If he doesn't slot in right away, then what was the point of spending a hundred million on him?
exactly if you pay 100 mil you should also change your system to suit him and get the best out of him. if not don't complain that he is not playing great.

if you think he had a bad game today. I suggest you to go back and rewatch the game.
You know what? I'm taking it back. I Admit it might be too much to say he had a bad game. But you can't really say he had a good game, right? He fails to beat his man one on one and that worries me a bit because as I watch more of his games his moves are quite predictable and rival players already know it. He does not use his left foot at all and 99% he is going to his right. On the other hand he gave an excellent pass to Rodri who should have score.

You know what? I'm taking it back. I Admit it might be too much to say he had a bad game. But you can't really say he had a good game, right? He fails to beat his man one on one and that worries me a bit because as I watch more of his games his moves are quite predictable and rival players already know it. He does not use his left foot at all and 99% he is going to his right. On the other hand he gave an excellent pass to Rodri who should have score.
Shouldn't Pep drop de bryune and play grealish in midfield.

Actually I rewatched and thought Grealish played a bit better after KDB was subbed by Stones. He was playing a midfield+winger role (occisally switched to middle with Foden because at that stage our front 3 were running more freely). This is closer to his role in Villa as a left winger in 4231 system.

On other days if KDB and Gündoğan are in their best form, I will pick them over Grealish. However now they both seem to be in the recovery mode and I honestly think we should think of a plan B. Try Sliva + Grealish midfield duo a bit.

Was vehemently against his signing, and that position hasn't changed much. I'm not saying he's not a good player. It just looks that in order to play under Pep he has to rope in what made him such an attractive proposition at Villa. He's no longer the star, he's just a cog in the machine. I lost count of how many times he threatened to take a Palace defender on, but instead gave up a played a simple short bal.

People say 'look at Mahrez', but Mahrez still hasn't settled, nor has he ever looked like the player he was at Leicester. We should've learnt from that experience. Grealish looks more and more a pointless signing with every game.

Sterling’s first season - average
Sane first season - average
Mahrez first season - average
Rodri first season - average
Cancelo first season - average

you see a pattern here ???

it takes a lot of time to fit into this team properly.
Jack has been bang average but it’s been about 12 games into his city career. Oh and it doesn’t matter what he cost , he never set the price nor did we. He was worth £100 million to Villa.

Sterling’s first season - average
Sane first season - average
Mahrez first season - average
Rodri first season - average
Cancelo first season - average

you see a pattern here ???

it takes a lot of time to fit into this team properly.
Jack has been bang average but it’s been about 12 games into his city career. Oh and it doesn’t matter what he cost , he never set the price nor did we. He was worth £100 million to Villa.

Ahh, and he was worth 100 million to us too.... seeing as we paid that price.

It absolutely matters what we paid - 100%.

Ahh, and he was worth 100 million to us too.... seeing as we paid that price.

It absolutely matters what we paid - 100%.
It was a release clause wasn’t it ??

They are put in for the selling clubs gain and are always ridiculous over the top.

If it was £80 million it would still of been over paid by us.

Fact is he was wanted by our manager so it was done.

the cost would matter if it was our only money but considering there was £100 million there for Kane it wasn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.