10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going to add my views on Jack.

So far I have watched him in three games in person. Community Shield, Leipzig and West Ham. I have seen him on the tele too.

I think he adds something and is very direct. He makes things happen and tries to beat his man and get a cross in. He's also still trying to fit into the system.

All i can say is when he is on the ball it's positive and not negative. Alright 3/10 times he might lose it by trying to beat someone, but at least he goes for it...

I don't think he's a flop and had there not been two defeats in the last week no one would really be mentioning it.

I think he's often played very well, he links up well and has clearly fit into the system.

The only issue for me is he isn't a goal threat. Foden, Mahrez and Torres are all much more clinical. If you play on the left for City you have to put the numbersd up.

He'd probably also benefit from us having am actual striker.

No you don't. On their forum , for example , the Lukaku thread has 50 pages and theyre more wondering how the team could play to get the best out of Lukaku rather than questioning his quality.
Alright, so you're saying they acknowledge he's not doing the job he was brought to do.

Just going to add my views on Jack.

So far I have watched him in three games in person. Community Shield, Leipzig and West Ham. I have seen him on the tele too.

I think he adds something and is very direct. He makes things happen and tries to beat his man and get a cross in. He's also still trying to fit into the system.

All i can say is when he is on the ball it's positive and not negative. Alright 3/10 times he might lose it by trying to beat someone, but at least he goes for it...

I don't think he's a flop and had there not been two defeats in the last week no one would really be mentioning it.
All about opinions but I’m of the complete opposite view. For me that’s the problem he’s been nowhere near positive or direct enough. He holds the ball and draws people in rather than driving at them and really trying to commit defenders. Would have no problem with him losing the ball dribbling in the final 3rd but too often he delays doing that and plays a simple pass inside.

LOL the fee will have no implication , let alone "huge implication" on us.
If he turns out not to be the player we wanted , we could sell him , i'm sure. We'll probably take a loss mone-wise , but it is what it is. To say it will have huge implications on us its quite ridiculous.
crazy words, clearly you think we do have a bottomless pit of money.

My own two cents - I think Jack has been great. Done everything required from him off the bat. Still a few moments of indecisiveness or the wrong decision between attacking the box/man or passing, but by and large he’s settled in very very quickly.

The only thing missing I see is someone around the penalty spot attacking the space or free for a floated ball. He’s beating the full back, drawing the centre half wide, only to look up with fuck all movement square of him.

I feel the lack of end product is in no way JG’s fault. He’s doing everything well, just nobody to aim at for the final ball. I suspect once we do bring in a striker - preferably someone over 6 foot, Jack’s end productivity stats will skyrocket.

No you don't. On their forum , for example , the Lukaku thread has 50 pages and theyre more wondering how the team could play to get the best out of Lukaku rather than questioning his quality.
exactly! only here some would already conclude a player is shit based on a few games and write him off saying he is not good enough. instead of trying to get the best out of him and questioning the manager.

He should be playing deeper in the midfield by default, but especially in his first couple of months while he settles; starting him in the front three is inevitably going to lead to people who are already willing him to fail referencing his goals and assists, which have been underwhelming. It would have also allowed Foden to continue to grow into one of Europe’s best wide players on the left, but Pep’s gonna Pep.

He should be playing deeper in the midfield by default, but especially in his first couple of months while he settles; starting him in the front three is inevitably going to lead to people who are already willing him to fail referencing his goals and assists, which have been underwhelming. It would have also allowed Foden to continue to grow into one of Europe’s best wide players on the left, but Pep’s gonna Pep.
Out of interest, who on this forum do you think is willing him to fail?

Foden will eventually end up in the midfield which is what should happen. Even Southgate has seen it and used him there and he was brilliant. Pep is one of the best managers in the world ,if not the best , and knows better than us folks on a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.