10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the pace that's really important, its beating a player.

Peps management is all about creating numerical advantages, whether that's having a ball playing keeper who forces the opposition to press him, thus taking an outfield player put of the game, or a ball carrying centre back getting past the first line of defence, or a winger beating someone out wide.

The whole strategy is founded on the idea that if you take a defender out of the game then someone is free further up the pitch.

So your winger beats the fullback and runs at the CB, that means there's only 2 free defenders left and if you get 3 men in the box someone has a tap in.

So Grealish doesn't have the pace of Henry, or Sané but he has the ability to beat a player, run at the next one and then play the pass to the open man.

That's why Foden and Grealish and Bernardo have all played as wingers for us.

Sterlings success under Pep is based on the same thing except he beats players without the ball. Hes incredibly good at losing markers, drifting into space and being that unmarked man at the end of the move.
you are wrong on that. Grealish can beat players, but never on the outside like ever. he always likes to come inside and beat his marker to the inside. the reason it works with Foden or Sterling is that they can also beat the man on the outside either through pace or trikery. watch carefully from now on, how Jack plays when he is outside the box. when he tries to beat his marker on the outside he never gets away to then cross or come inside. he always just hits his marker with his cross. he never had this ability to beat his man on the outside which we need when playing against parked bus. even I can see this so I suppose pep can also see this and stop putting him on the wing.

[Sam Lee] The plan back in the summer was that Jack Grealish would play more of a central role for Manchester City eventually. Circumstances have dictated that he has mainly been used on the left wing, although it is understood he would like to be given more of a run down the middle soon.​

hopefully this is true and pep starts playing him in the midfield

Hopefully this true. I think he'd thrive in a more central role.

Ive always thought thats where we bought him for. But its typical of pep to put someone new out wide so they can learn whats required without making mistakes in a pivotal position.

you are wrong on that. Grealish can beat players, but never on the outside like ever. he always likes to come inside and beat his marker to the inside. the reason it works with Foden or Sterling is that they can also beat the man on the outside either through pace or trikery. watch carefully from now on, how Jack plays when he is outside the box. when he tries to beat his marker on the outside he never gets away to then cross or come inside. he always just hits his marker with his cross. he never had this ability to beat his man on the outside which we need when playing against parked bus. even I can see this so I suppose pep can also see this and stop putting him on the wing.

I didn't say he could beat someone on the outside and it doesn't matter if its inside or outside, all he has to do is get past 1 player so there's an overlap.

To be fair, his assist vs Arsenal consisted of beating a defender on the outside and cutting it back...

I didn't say he could beat someone on the outside and it doesn't matter if its inside or outside, all he has to do is get past 1 player so there's an overlap.
did you forget cancelo plays on his side? he is never going to get a overlap because cancelo always comes inside. this forces jack to always go on the outside where he cannot beat a man with acceleration because he is just not that quick from a standing position.

To be fair, his assist vs Arsenal consisted of beating a defender on the outside and cutting it back...
did you forget that was a transition/counter attack where he has acres of space. but the issue is when we play parked bus. he can never do that move because there are so many bodies, he is completely useless out wide in these types of games. he never had to deal with parked bus teams at villa

I think the debate centres around some posters on BM not knowing their arses from their elbows when it comes to seeing a quality footballer.
You’d have to be blind to not see he’s a quality footballer. That doesn’t mean people can’t think he’s not doing enough so far on the left of a front 3 for the champions after signing for 100m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.