10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question..where did Grealish play for Villa...in what position predominantly?

Genuine question..where did Grealish play for Villa...in what position predominantly?

Where he plays for us. But he was basically given the freedom to roam wherever he wanted and ended up in the 10 position a lot.

I don't see why he can't start as a winger, but have instructions to interchange more centrally with Phil. When he stands out wide, it's easy for defenders to anticipate how to stop him. If he pops up in Central positions as well as wide, it should keep them guessing. Seems like he is playing to quite rigid instructions.

I don't see why he can't start as a winger, but have instructions to interchange more centrally with Phil. When he stands out wide, it's easy for defenders to anticipate how to stop him. If he pops up in Central positions as well as wide, it should keep them guessing. Seems like he is playing to quite rigid instructions.
It's almost certainly due to him being newer. All the other wingers (Foden, Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling) drift around a lot more than he does. But they've all been through spells initially under Pep where they just stayed glued to the wing. It's about getting used to the team first.

We've seen Grealish come inside every now and again. In time we'll probably see it a lot more.

He beat players several times on the outside in his first few games. In fairness to the other poster that has declined in recent games.
Low confidence and media pressure surely played part in it. But I think that the main reason
1. He is a big lad and not used to play mid-week game this often in high intensity. Too tired.
2 He dribbled well when running carrying the ball from mid pitch. He was not the type of dribbling from standing point up the pitch (like Sterling).

I will start him midfield or just bench

Unbelievable how much space he creates for his team mates always two players marking him sometimes three which is creating gaps for Cancelo and others to do the damage , maybe Pep has put him playing wide left to get used to the team tactics and will involve in a central role when has adjusted to our playing style.
He will always be under pressure due to the fee but he has the right personality to thrive under the spotlight ,but it wont be long before the media and England fans turn on him , but he's a brilliant natural talent who will only improve under Pep.

Offering very very little right now. Palace display all over again. Didn't beat his man, didn't put in a cross, doesn't move off the ball, he literally stands behind players at times. I know he is, but he looks like the new guy at work doing everything by the book so he doesn't fuck up. like everybody else who struggled when they first came, needs a prolonged period on the bench until he can start producing.

Where I sit, we all basically get Grealish cam for the first half, he's right infront of us so we can't help but see every single thing he does or doesn't do, the mood around us now is fastly turning from hope when he gets on the ball to sterling-like groans when he does the same thing unsuccessfully for the umpteenth time.

Despite sterling being in the worst form of his career, If Pep insists on playing foden upfront I'd sooner we have sterling on the left, sterling at least has the pace and movement to threaten in behind.

Offering very very little right now. Palace display all over again. Didn't beat his man, didn't put in a cross, doesn't move off the ball, he literally stands behind players at times. I know he is, but he looks like the new guy at work doing everything by the book so he doesn't fuck up. like everybody else who struggled when they first came, needs a prolonged period on the bench until he can start producing.

Where I sit, we all basically get Grealish cam for the first half, he's right infront of us so we can't help but see every single thing he does or doesn't do, the mood around us now is fastly turning from hope when he gets on the ball to sterling-like groans when he does the same thing unsuccessfully for the umpteenth time.

Despite sterling being in the worst form of his career, If Pep insists on playing foden upfront I'd sooner we have sterling on the left, sterling at least has the pace and movement to threaten in behind.

He created two great chances for Cancelo and Mahrez with good through balls who if they would have finished would have given him the two assists that everyone is craving for.

They score them two created chances, he gets 2 assists to his name and all of a sudden he’s back to being a £100m player.

He creates enough chances in a striker less team. I really don’t know what everyone is expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.