10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want but not giving him credit for the pass to Cancelo is just silly.

Not only did he put the perfect weight on it and put it in the perfect position for a first time effort but the most impressive part was that he waited for the perfect time to release it when it would have been so tempting to play it one or even two seconds earlier.

That's what playmaking is all about. Cancelo's run deserves credit and their crap defensive line deserves criticism but "the ball don't lie", as they say across the pond.

Foden LW and Grealish LCM should be tried, but I think right now Pep is giving him minutes where he is familiar, but I think we should move on from that.

Give him time ffs
I'm not getting on his case, never have, but how much time will he need to learn another trick other than cut inside onto his right foot, and let the RB tackle him every time. Maybe he needs to play another position, maybe he needs a left footed LB outside him?

I'm not getting on his case, never have, but how much time will he need to learn another trick other than cut inside onto his right foot, and let the RB tackle him every time. Maybe he needs to play another position, maybe he needs a left footed LB outside him?
Not having a go at anyone, I never knew why we needed him, but I’m more than prepared to let him settle into the team.

The cancelo one was as simple as they come, he's not created that, cancelo's run has created that, I'd expect every single player on the pitch to play that ball. I've yet to see any highlights and honestly don't have any recollection of the mahrez one.

As for saying 2 assists tonight turns him into a £100 million player, maybe for the media and the social media lot who just look at the score and see the 2 minute highlights but I'm basing my view on his overall game and contribution to the side over the course of the game and its currently nowhere near enough.
this here gentlemen I what I call an agenda against a player. saying that he did not create cancelo's chance I downright silly. did you see the pause and then the weight of the pass which put him in a shooting position? If you can't see that this football is not the game for you I am afraid.

I agree, my one doubt is if he has the work rate to get back into defence when we get countered?

The assists/lack of don’t bother me. The lack of running does. Foden tracked back like a maniac from the centre forward position to try to win the ball back while Jack was ambling around. Grealish does get the ball standing stock-still most of the time. And it invariably goes straight back where it came from, just giving time for the defence to get in an A1 shape. Didn’t watch huge amounts of Grealish at Villa, but agree a wide-left attacker is neither his best position, nor what we bought him for long-term. I was going ape-shit about him at half-time; I apologise to the kids sat around me who heard my less than temperate ranting. Just get there on time next time, lads, not 14 minutes after kick-off please.

But Pep knows. The crazy caIvito just knows. And Grealish was certainly better 2nd half, when huge spaces opened up and he could drift across the front 3.

Definitely looked wasted standing tight to the touch line.
Pep will play him in another position one day and he will be outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.